Tesla wye 200w Mod

outlaw_cloud

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone out there has advice, I have this Tesla wye mod which I put into storage a while ago prior to going into storage it worked and I was able to vape with it, however I took it out of storage and it's dead, doesn't even turn on with fresh batteries. I stored it in a dry place in its box with no batteries.

Does anyone know why it would now be completely dead

Sent from my MAR-LX1M using Tapatalk

No idea.

I had the opposite happen to a Vaporesso Gen. Was vaping happily one day and it stopped firing. Put it in it's box and stored it. About a year later I decided to strip it and make a 3D printed mech out of its spares. For some or other reason I put batteries into it and it worked like nothing was wrong with it.

Maybe @Intuthu Kagesi would have an Idea as to what your mod's issue could be. He's the mod whisperer around here.

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone out there has advice, I have this Tesla wye mod which I put into storage a while ago prior to going into storage it worked and I was able to vape with it, however I took it out of storage and it's dead, doesn't even turn on with fresh batteries. I stored it in a dry place in its box with no batteries.

Does anyone know why it would now be completely dead

I'm not familiar with the mod, nonetheless, I'd suggest looking for the obvious first, like oxidised battery terminals, and or whether the fire / on off switch itself works ... worst case scenario, is a conversion ... check out https://www.ecigssa.co.za/threads/tesla-invader-4x-pcb-alternative.71292/#post-903599

I see a number of owners have reported issues with this device where the batteries are removed whilst it is in sleep mode, placing it to sleep forever ...
A firmware upgrade apparently resolves the problem;

Unzip the attached Firmware to your PC desktop
Remove the mod batteries, and hold down the wattage up and down buttons, and then plug in a USB cable connected to the aforementioned PC
DOING THIS (above) puts your mod into the "FSL Loader" mode"
Once the mod turns enters FSL Loader mode, open up the Computer icon on your desktop and double click on the FSL_Loader drive that appears, and then drag the Firmware file, the .sb file) to the FSL_Loader window.
Your mod will read the file and update the firmware on it's own.

Attachments

• WYE200-20170704-T5.zip
    41.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Thank you so much, diffenetly going to try the firmware trick, I did open it and all contacts are perfect the battery contacts inside are perfect no oxidation at all

I'm not familiar with the mod, nonetheless, I'd suggest looking for the obvious first, like oxidised battery terminals, and or whether the fire / on off switch itself works ... worst case scenario, is a conversion ... check out https://www.ecigssa.co.za/threads/tesla-invader-4x-pcb-alternative.71292/#post-903599

I see a number of owners have reported issues with this device where the batteries are removed whilst it is in sleep mode, placing it to sleep forever ...
A firmware upgrade apparently resolves the problem;

Unzip the attached Firmware to your PC desktop
Remove the mod batteries, and hold down the wattage up and down buttons, and then plug in a USB cable connected to the aforementioned PC
DOING THIS (above) puts your mod into the "FSL Loader" mode"
Once the mod turns enters FSL Loader mode, open up the Computer icon on your desktop and double click on the FSL_Loader drive that appears, and then drag the Firmware file, the .sb file) to the FSL_Loader window.
Your mod will read the file and update the firmware on it's own.
How long should I hold down the wattage up and down buttons for

How long should I hold down the wattage up and down buttons for

I'm going to assume a few seconds ... I got the data above from the Tesla site, and it's somewhat lacking in detail as the device has been discontinued.

I'm going to assume a few seconds ... I got the data above from the Tesla site, and it's somewhat lacking in detail as the device has been discontinued.
So this should work even though the device doesn't turn on

So just tried the above and nothing

So just tried the above and nothing

I guess it was worth a try ... open the unit up, (there's a video above to show how), and check the fire button with a multimeter ... it may have gotten juice in it which is preventing it from making contact / you turning it on with 5 "clicks"

But what i dont get is that surely if i place fully charged batteries in the mod then it should atleast turn on?

But what i dont get is that surely if i place fully charged batteries in the mod then it should atleast turn on?
THECONFESSIONALS1.JPG

Erm .... nope ... fully charged batteries don't magically repair failed electronics and or switches and or contacts and or clean up juice spills

I know that, but i meant normally in a working mod, Ill tinker around whats the worse that could happen? it already doesnt turn on, i must just see how to take out the pcb board to expose the button

I know that, but i meant normally in a working mod, Ill tinker around whats the worse that could happen? it already doesnt turn on, i must just see how to take out the pcb board to expose the button
Yup ... if it is the switch, the repair is under ten bucks, Mantech should have a suitable TACT switch for you ... and worst case scenario, it can be turned into a PWM Mod whilst you have it open ;)

Yup ... if it is the switch, the repair is under ten bucks, Mantech should have a suitable TACT switch for you ... and worst case scenario, it can be turned into a PWM Mod whilst you have it open ;)
Pwm mod? Unfortunately when it comes to electronics I'm doef

So i opened the mod The red wire for the the one set of battery terminals literally just fell off where it was soldered, I will need to try and attempt to solder it back on and then test if that was the issue, Just haven't had the time to try it yet.

Back