Decided to give DIY a try and I struck Gold

Renaldo

New Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi All,

After Mount Baker Vapor decided to turn their model on it's head and not offer 236ml bottles anymore and charging more for 30ml bottles I decided to see if I could get to the source of my favorite juice, which is Extreme Ice from MBV. My one friend managed to find out that Flavor West has the exact same Extreme Ice flavor that MBV actually buys from them in order to make their juices.

So I bought my DIY stock and happy to report that after mixing 4 different batches with different flavoring percentages and playing around with a bit of Koolada to see if that was their secret weapon I managed to hit the nail on the head with the taste. The reason I know this is because I put my juice in my one tank and the MBV Extreme Ice in the other. I blind tested it and couldn't tell the difference, they both tasted the same!

So now I went from paying R1750 for a 236ml bottle to it costing me only R450 for a 236ml bottle. Needless to say with my current stock volume I can make many litres of my favorite the juice for a fraction of the price :-D

Special Shout out to Vapour Mountain for excellent service regarding the nicotine and PG and VG I bought from them. Took one shipping day to get here. If anyone is interested I will post the MBV Extreme Ice recipe here as I know some of you really enjoy their Extreme Ice flavor.

IMG_3169.jpg

Hi All,

After Mount Baker Vapor decided to turn their model on it's head and not offer 236ml bottles anymore and charging more for 30ml bottles I decided to see if I could get to the source of my favorite juice, which is Extreme Ice from MBV. My one friend managed to find out that Flavor West has the exact same Extreme Ice flavor that MBV actually buys from them in order to make their juices.

So I bought my DIY stock and happy to report that after mixing 4 different batches with different flavoring percentages and playing around with a bit of Koolada to see if that was their secret weapon I managed to hit the nail on the head with the taste. The reason I know this is because I put my juice in my one tank and the MBV Extreme Ice in the other. I blind tested it and couldn't tell the difference, they both tasted the same!

So now I went from paying R1750 for a 236ml bottle to it costing me only R450 for a 236ml bottle. Needless to say with my current stock volume I can make many litres of my favorite the juice for a fraction of the price :-D

Special Shout out to Vapour Mountain for excellent service regarding the nicotine and PG and VG I bought from them. Took one shipping day to get here. If anyone is interested I will post the MBV Extreme Ice recipe here as I know some of you really enjoy their Extreme Ice flavor.

IMG_3169.jpg
@Renaldo , that is excellent news. I also like to vape a menthol/ice from time to time, would you maybe be so kind to share your recipe? Thanks.

Sure no problem!

Screen_Shot_2016_11_02_at_10_52_24_PM.png

and that is based on the following ingredients:

Screen_Shot_2016_11_02_at_10_54_30_PM.png
Glad you struck gold.You may want to take a look at menthol Crystals,they're cheap and you can make any strength menthol flavoring you like w/pg or vg. Simple,it's all I use for my diy now.

Will admit I only saw this now but you were spot on, I did however pay a lot less than R40 for 10ml. That price is a bit steep!

All good mate, glad you came right either way. :D

:eek: "pay a lot less than R40 for 10ml" Where?? That is about as cheap as concentrates get as far as I was aware, as an avid DIY'er if I can get a cheaper supplier, please share!

Aha, that makes sense then. Bulk will also be cheaper. Just out of curiosity, what are the turnaround times and shipping like?

It took 3 days from the day of order to the day it was in my hands. I bought about 3kg's worth and the shipping was about R500 to R600.

It took 3 days from the day of order to the day it was in my hands. I bought about 3kg's worth and the shipping was about R500 to R600.

Haha that's a shitload of concentrate, well done! That shipping time is really impressive from overseas I have to say. I use too many different concentrates from various brands for it to be a feasible option for me, but for your purpose that's the way to go. Enjoy your home made juices man, DIY is life!

Haha that's a shitload of concentrate, well done! That shipping time is really impressive from overseas I have to say. I use too many different concentrates from various brands for it to be a feasible option for me, but for your purpose that's the way to go. Enjoy your home made juices man, DIY is life!

Ha Ha yeah it is, have a whole vaping family so needed to buy in bulk lol! Cheers man and thanks again for recommending it :-D

Glad you struck gold.You may want to take a look at menthol Crystals,they're cheap and you can make any strength menthol flavoring you like w/pg or vg. Simple,it's all I use for my diy now

Hi @kev mac Where do you buy your menthol crystals ? I've looked all over Cape Town for them.:):eyes:

Sure no problem!

Screen_Shot_2016_11_02_at_10_52_24_PM.png

and that is based on the following ingredients:

Screen_Shot_2016_11_02_at_10_54_30_PM.png
Just a quick question regarding the % of koolada seems a little high, does it not make your throat itchy where you gots to sip on somethingt to calm it down ?

Just a quick question regarding the % of koolada seems a little high, does it not make your throat itchy where you gots to sip on somethingt to calm it down ?

I found at 1.5% it was fine, when I went over 2.5% it started making me cough. But remember I have been vaping Menthol Ice for years now so maybe you want to start at 0.5% with the Koolada

Back