Delrin Insert Screw

Stephen

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi Guys,

Like a chop, I've misplaced the delrin insert screw (the screw that keeps the piece of delrin covering the firing button, attached to the mod) while cleaning one of my Reo Grands. Has anyone got any idea what the specs are for this screw??

I would like to help...more or less what size is it? I know there are many different size screws. So first the diameter.. If it is ISO metric then on small sizes it has to be M3, M4 or M5. If made in USA you are looking at UNF or even UNEF. But I still need to know what the diameter is to know were to start. Or just bring it to me (not the lost part)

I would like to help...more or less what size is it? I know there are many different size screws. So first the diameter.. If it is ISO metric then on small sizes it has to be M3, M4 or M5. If made in USA you are looking at UNF or even UNEF. But I still need to know what the diameter is to know were to start. Or just bring it to me (not the lost part)
hi @Warlock...not sure if this wud help (not diy minded)..the screw takes the biggest phillips screwdriver in a precision screwdriver set..#0 and #1 is what they call it

Is that a Reo screw? @Blu_Marlin , can you measure the pitch, and the 2.08 is to big for a metric M2!!
Count how many threads per 10mm.
Lol. My vernier might not be he most accurate. Here is a pic with the jaws set to 10mm. The pic is not compressed so you can zoom in on it. I did try it on an M2 nut that I have. It takes for the first quarter of a turn and stops. The only thing I could think of was imperial vs metric.
Delrin Insert Screw3.jpg

I think it is a #2 UNC. That will be 56 threads per inch. An M2 standard is 0.4 pitch (63.5 tpi) but a #2 is to "fat" to get into an M2 nut. So you are right about it being an imperial thread. A #2 UNC has a nominal diameter of 2.18mm, but threads are always truncated on the apex so the 2.08 you measured makes sense.

@Warlock If this helps. Looks to be an American size
View attachment 67367

View attachment 67368

@Stephen I`ve got a spare insert screw if you want. Just make a plan to pick it up.
Hi @Blu_Marlin thanks for you fantastic gesture bud, I really appreciate it. There's nothing worse then having an unused Reo sitting around :).

Big thanks to @Warlock and @incredible_hullk for all your efforts to find an answer to my question. I can see you guys were not going to give up until an answer was found ;)

Hi @Blu_Marlin thanks for you fantastic gesture bud, I really appreciate it. There's nothing worse then having an unused Reo sitting around :).

Big thanks to @Warlock and @incredible_hullk for all your efforts to find an answer to my question. I can see you guys were not going to give up until an answer was found ;)
No problem. I`m usually in the Randparkridge/Honeydew area during the day and Fourways/Cedar Square area at night. PM me and we can get it done.

This is some awesome community spirit! The help, tips and advice in this forum is unbelievable!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back