Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gimli

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi All

I'm sure this isnt the 1st time this has been asked and I have tried to look around the forum. Still new to the foorum and struggling to find what Im looking for.

I currently vape with a Smok AL85 an dwould like to upgrade my mod. I already have a Vandyvape Kylin RTA an a VGOD Elite clone RDA.

I have been looking at getting a Voopoo Drag Resin or the Geekvape Gbox Squonker.

Any advice on these devices or a suggestion to something in a simliar price range would help a load.

Thanks for any help

From what I've heard you won't be disappointed with the Drag @Gimli .

I personally don't like it but only due to the way it looks. If you like / don't mind it then I think you'll be quite happy with it!

Voopoo drag is an excellent choice not crazy expensive and a good well round performer just make sure u have a 2 bay battery charger and 2 batteries as the al85 uses only 1

I agree on the V2's, I have 2, daily drivers, rock solid, but depends on your budget I guess

I will second a minikin V2. Good chipset and great performer, also find it a lot more comfortable in my hand than the drag.

Hi @Gimli,

I'm gonna go with a Minikin V2 or Minikin Reborn, and even though I have not owned any of those mods, all I hear is good reviews on both mods.

What is your budget for your new mod?

Thanks for the advice, thinking of spending maybe R1500, will look into those mods and see if i can find it near me.

The drag has been around for a while and imho i think its outdated...I think there are alot better options out there using 21700 batteries. Look at the ijoy epsion solo or istick pico 21700. Using that you could always carry a spare battery but using a 21700 that should get you through an entire day vaping. Unless you vape 50+ watts...

https://blingsa.co.za/products/joyetech-espion-solo-21700-80w-tc-box-mod-4000mah
https://blingsa.co.za/products/eleaf-istick-pico-21700-100w-tc-box-mod-4000mah

Gbox is absolutely amazing and can be picked up for around R850 on specials running at some stores. When I find a black one in stock I'll be buying a second one.

The Voopoo is cumbersome and heavy as a daily, even though its a good mod.

For your budget, I would suggest you keep an eye out for a squonk setup. Now that is an upgrage, IMO.

I was a drag owner, the paint quality is a turn off. With the sleeve on its very difficult to even put it in your pocket and a greater struggle to take it out. unless u are into temperature control or deeply in love with wattage curves don't go for a drag. The only reason a drag is a hit because of the gene vape chip in it.
I have been using a gbox for several months now, honestly chip wise I don't see any differences.you can use it as a squonker or put a normal atty on it to use it as a normal mod. The gbox is lighter and much better than the drag for everyday use. I will recommend a gbox anytime.

Last edited:
Back