Did I break it?

andro

Elite Vaper
LV

Awards
ok first time happened to me. atlantis atty, mech mod . ( smpl) positive up on smurf fully charged .
close the bottom . all mod start to get hot . unscrew the atty quick, unscrew the bottom swicth because keep getting hotter. put battery aside .
now battery is dead .
any solution or i just trow it away? as well any idea what ive done wrong? the atty was on my rollo before and after and is not shorting .

was the mod getting hot as soon as you closed it or when your fired it up ?

keep the battery aside for a day or so, then try and charge it up and see if its working. could be in a state of shock

ok first time happened to me. atlantis atty, mech mod . ( smpl) positive up on smurf fully charged .
close the bottom . all mod start to get hot . unscrew the atty quick, unscrew the bottom swicth because keep getting hotter. put battery aside .
now battery is dead .
any solution or i just trow it away? as well any idea what ive done wrong? the atty was on my rollo before and after and is not shorting .

Had this happen to me a couple of months ago with my Fuhattan. Had to bin my battery. Also don't know what caused it. :confused:

I dont know those mods, but i had the same issue with my Stingray, the positive pin on the stingray will come out and flip itself around while changing batteries creating a dead short in the mod because the wide part of the post will press against the cap and the thin part that should connect to the atty is now connecting to the battery.. I wont make that mistake again.

Perhaps chack the pins and the button for any problems that could create a dead short.

Also if you reverse the batter (Positive connecting to the button) and your batteries wrapping is damaged that would also create a dead short, whereas if you have the battery in the correct way around and the wrapping is torn it will just start firing your coils.. A lot safer.

I hope this helps, check that positive pin ;)

was the mod getting hot as soon as you closed it or when your fired it up ?

keep the battery aside for a day or so, then try and charge it up and see if its working. could be in a state of shock
yes it was .

BTW, my battery is fine... Almost threw it out the window scared it would detonate, could barely touch it..

thats a short in your mod dude!

strip it down and check all of the connectors to be safe

I dont know those mods, but i had the same issue with my Stingray, the positive pin on the stingray will come out and flip itself around while changing batteries creating a dead short in the mod because the wide part of the post will press against the cap and the thin part that should connect to the atty is now connecting to the battery.. I wont make that mistake again.

Perhaps chack the pins and the button for any problems that could create a dead short.

Also if you reverse the batter (Positive connecting to the button) and your batteries wrapping is damaged that would also create a dead short, whereas if you have the battery in the correct way around and the wrapping is torn it will just start firing your coils.. A lot safer.

now that u say that the 510 pin in the atlantis is s

i checked the pin in the atlantis and is not springed anymore. i just disassembled and i think i close it to thigth and the positive and negative were at the same high . so just closing the mod the battery was shorting ....

I have never had that happen to me... before today!!!!!!!!! It just happened to me now! VTC5 in a new Mech Mod. All of a sudden everything felt HOT so I stopped to check... the battery was very hot... it is now in the Gorge! Also had an Atlantis on top.

VTC5-1.jpg

I used my mAN on my panzer and pin caused it to almost blow

Had the same with the atlantis. With mine its the rubber around the centre pin that causes it. i was on a normal mech not a hybrid.

Yep. that a short. Be careful. Check all connections and make sure no touching of the poles anywhere on the mod. . You are lucky you still have a hand.

Anyone notice something in common, cough cough aspire cough cough :p

Cough all you like @ET! ;-) It's still one of the best tanks around!I far prefer it to all the other commercial tanks...

But I will watch it a lot closer now. ;-)

Cough all you like @ET! ;-) It's still one of the best tanks around!I far prefer it to all the other commercial tanks...

But I will watch it a lot closer now. ;-)

Aye, i'll be keeping a close eye on my stingray mech also from now and, regularly making sure all the connections are hunky dory.

Seriously. How could (B&M) retailers ever sell these things as upgrades to people? And most of them would be selling unsuitable cheap batteries too.

Seriously. How could (B&M) retailers ever sell these things as upgrades to people? And most of them would be selling unsuitable cheap batteries too.
i may not understand properly what you are saying, can you explain better please?

mech mod or hybrid, sub-ohm clearo whatever, and add cheap battery. Joe Blow goes to smoker shop / bong shop and gets sold something like that, by a salesperson who knows nothing (like 2 shops in one road here in Durban) and he doesn't have any idea what's involved.

mech mod or hybrid, sub-ohm clearo whatever, and add cheap battery. Joe Blow goes to smoker shop / bong shop and gets sold something like that, by a salesperson who knows nothing (like 2 shops in one road here in Durban) and he doesn't have any idea what's involved.
sorry but i never say that i used cheap battery , nor @Rob Fisher , mine smurfs and rob vt5 from sony , both been vaping for a long time and is been something that never happened to me before . here in the forum we always try to tell people that want to start using mech about safety etc , so i still dont understand why you made such a statement ?

Even Lipo batteries are unsafe when punctured.

08CDE9492.gif

sorry but i never say that i used cheap battery , nor @Rob Fisher , mine smurfs and rob vt5 from sony , both been vaping for a long time and is been something that never happened to me before . here in the forum we always try to tell people that want to start using mech about safety etc , so i still dont understand why you made such a statement ?
And if it was not for that good battery, you might have been in trouble!

:-/ i did not say you used a cheap battery. i said, this form of vape stuff is inappropriate for selling at smoke shops to "average joe". So far, those shops are not selling it. Good! Rest, must i just copy-paste? Better that Twisp come up with some sort of high end version, for those who want something better.
Here on the forum? Average Joe other 90% are not on a forum! Nor will they be.

On the other hand you cannot expect non vape shops to have staff that know everything about the products they sell. Like walking into a Game store, buying brake fluid and pool chlorine, mixing them together and then moaning at Game because they didn't tell you you were not supposed to mix them together. The onus is on the shopper to know what's what.

Back