Discovered something about airflow

NecroticAngel

Dedicated Vaper
LV

Awards
Ok so may seem obvious, but I have never been into dessert vapes when I started vaping I tried something from china town my friend had bought that literally made me hurl, milk that was so off it was green.. Im sure it was labeled custard or some such....

Anyway back to the point, I got a custard yesterday and ummed and aahhhed and finally put it in a vape today, and needless to say it was friggen awesome because the legend himself @ivc_mixer created it. Ive never understood why people change their airflow, but then again I vape candy and fruit exclusively. With this custard thing I get it now, I closed up my airflow just a little to make it even fuller and warmer (I had to use pliers, that baby was stuck where it was :)) SO I assume anything creamy one would want to adjust the airflow a little tighter to push even more flavour out of it :)

Anyway something someone can try if they arent getting alot of flavor from a creamy thing, in my case it was just to max out the potential, the flavor was banging anyway :)

Works the other way too. I did a recipe the guys suggested from what I had in my stash, a banana custard. On the Vapefly. Airflow was just not right and that was affecting the flavour.
Swapped my 510 drip to to an 810 and it worked perfectly.

Custards and desserts, in my opinion, work better in a warm vape. So this would typically be your dual coil setups, low ohms, high wattage. I have my Rebirths in full open airflow on both setups, but then I am also running dual coil aliens, 0.17Ohm, 90W. If you run a single coil setup, then best would be to close the airflow a bit which will restrict the air and thus cause the vape to be a bit warmer.

Custards and desserts, in my opinion, work better in a warm vape. So this would typically be your dual coil setups, low ohms, high wattage. I have my Rebirths in full open airflow on both setups, but then I am also running dual coil aliens, 0.17Ohm, 90W. If you run a single coil setup, then best would be to close the airflow a bit which will restrict the air and thus cause the vape to be a bit warmer.
If I vaped anything at 90w my lungs would pack up and move to tahiti :D vaping this gorgeous stuff at 47w double demon violence (big boys) in a vapefly, slow ramp up time but when the coils are warm what a plesh!

I just vary the strength of my draw all day and the flavours change all the time. LOL.

If I vaped anything at 90w my lungs would pack up and move to tahiti :D vaping this gorgeous stuff at 47w double demon violence (big boys) in a vapefly, slow ramp up time but when the coils are warm what a plesh!
You can still get that warm vape that suits custards at any wattage it's the warmth that's important which can be obtained either by upping wattage or by closing the airflow down with lower wattage even a tight MTL i find works with custards. The problem is if someone vapes at low wattage but likes a cooler looser draw then custards just don't flourish!

Works the other way too. I did a recipe the guys suggested from what I had in my stash, a banana custard. On the Vapefly. Airflow was just not right and that was affecting the flavour.
Swapped my 510 drip to to an 810 and it worked perfectly.
Banana Custard is the dogs b***ocks!

Hey what is wrong with cold custard ? Hot custard on cold jelly is blurghh.

Have to agree with the warm comments. The best set up I have for custards is the Recurve dual on a squonk. My missus kicks me out of the room with that one. Huge dense clouds, massive flavour and smells like a patisserie

Back