DIY Competition - All Day Vapes

Thanks for the tag @Braki and @Andre

I got into DIY for the cost benefit but went about it the wrong way in the beginning and it was quite expensive.
Now a little further down the road I have learnt so much, streamlined a few things and it is far cheaper than smoking and/or buying commercial juice.
Besides, it is fun and satisfying when you create (what you think to be) your own little masterpiece.
The people on this DIY forum are great and I would not be where I am today without them.

The only con I can think of is what @Andre said. It's a rabbit hole of note.

@Petrus @87hunter

Pros
Economical
Quick and Easy
Customisation to suit flavour/profile preference
If I don't like what I made, I can toss it (low cost)
Able to make 10ml samples before committing to a recipe
Easy to order, quick to receive
Make/remix the top recipes in the world without breaking the bank

Cons
Certain concentrates has limited use and clogs the stash
The endless pursuit to eliminate the DIY "first rule". I have just on 600 concentrates and still struggle
Steep time (but circumvented with roll-over planning)

@Vincent @Scouse45 @RichJB @Vino1718 @Chukin'Vape @DanielSLP @Strontium @Slick @Caveman @Clouds4Days @Stevovapes @MohVee @bjorncoetsee

I got into diy primarily because of cost. It just burnt my arse to pay R150 for a sucralose laden juice that didn’t taste great.
It was a long journey to understanding how flavors played off of one another, with the vast majority of my first years mixes ending in the bin.
Now I sit with approximately 400 flavors and still hit Rule1 constantly lol.

Pros

Versatility
Inexpensive
Fun
Flexibility

Cons

Constantly chasing new flavors and recipes
Steep times
Rule1

@Silver
@Scouse45

I got into diy not for the cost but for the sake of not finding what I needed to keep my lungs confused.
I'm not full on diy I do mix PG/VG an Nic and add minimal flavouring.and experimenting with lung hit mixes.
The pros.I have not smoked by this method
The cons I still buy juice from vendors

Resistance is futile

I got into diy not for the cost but for the sake of not finding what I needed to keep my lungs confused.
I'm not full on diy I do mix PG/VG an Nic and add minimal flavouring.and experimenting with lung hit mixes.
The pros.I have not smoked by this method
The cons I still buy juice from vendors

Resistance is futile
@hooked @Room Fogger

Resistance is futile

I got into diy as I was tired of prices of flavours and flavours that weren’t quite doing it for me. My mentor @Greyz taught me everything and u continue to love it and learn through my mates.

Pros - I can tweak flavours to my liking. It doesn’t cost me and arm and a leg. I can make smaller samples of flavours. I can explore more different types of Flavours. It’s an awesome hobby.

Cons - many flavors that turn out to not be for me. The never ending rabbit hole of trying to mix every recipe I find. Finding the time to mix.

@Strontium @RichJB @DanielSLP @Rude Rudi @Clouds4Days @Greyz @spiv

Current list of entries:

1 - Smoke_A_Llama
2 - Cor
3 - Room Fogger
4 - vicTor
5 - Friep
6 - Friep
7 - RichjB
8 - Smoke_A_Llama
9 - Paul33
10 - Paul33
11 - Smoke_A_Llama
12 - RichjB
13 - Braki
14 - Batman
15 - Adephi
16 - Dietz
17 - Braki
18 - Paul33
19 - Andre
20 - GregF
21 - Rude Rudi
22 - Strontium
23 - Resistance
24 - Scouse45

Still a coupla days to go before it closes.

I started mixing because it looked very interesting. I love all things DIY, I love buying new tools, and I love making and fixing things myself. the cost saving was a big reason too, and DIY mixing cost saving is a bog bonus. I get to make my own creations and save money while doing it.

Pros:
new stuff - tools, gadgets, consumables, bargain hunting
learning new concepts and skills
avenue for creativity, and always being on the look out for new flavour combinations
cost savings

Cons:
initial costs - beakers, syringes, pipettes, scales, bottles, etc
vast ranges - difficult to choose from so many flavours when you can't buy them all at once
budget - trying to stick within a certain budget, especially when that one flavour is not in your arsenal.

@Cor @Halfdaft Customs

What a pleasure to be able to adjust even your nicotine content to fit your device.

Of course there is wastage, but other than a few of my own concoctions, I have yet to mix a recipe that is not good and vapeable. If not my taste, they go to a forum member to try for his taste buds.

@Petrus and @GregF

That's where you mix 100ml straight up and hope for the best :-D only +- 10 days to go
Agreed. I’m still eyeballing the 100ml strawberry jam on toast I have in the cupboard.

After the first tasting after a week steep I was scarred and now a bit wary I won’t lie.

Agreed. I’m still eyeballing the 100ml strawberry jam on toast I have in the cupboard.

After the first tasting after a week steep I was scarred and now a bit wary I won’t lie.

Another con: waiting a month and finding out your juice is (barely) a step above herbicide

Pro: waiting a month and finding out your juice is a magical elixer sent down from the heavens making it worth it

Another con is what I’m going through right now:

Waiting for the courier to come tomorrow cause I wanted to mix a recipe on Saturday, found I didn’t have a concentrate (rule 1) so I placed the order on Saturday morning and it got dispatched today for delivery tomorrow.

I know it’s still overnight delivery but it feels like 4 days worth of transport so that sucks hard.

Initially started diy because of the cost of commercial juice,best decision I made,the ability to create something that you craving for,the tweaking,sometimes I even tweak commercial juice if im not happy with it!

Pros:
Cheaper
Ability to tweak
Hours of fun
Relaxing
The room which you mix in smells great

Cons:
Many concentrates you will not use anytime soon.
If a juice doesnt come out good,you cannot blame it on someone else

Tagging @Clouds4Days @Chukin'Vape
@Vino1718 @boxerulez @Room Fogger

OK... The final list:

1 - Smoke_A_Llama
2 - Cor
3 - Room Fogger
4 - vicTor
5 - Friep
6 - Friep
7 - RichjB
8 - Smoke_A_Llama