DIY Noob mistakes

Not wearing gloves. All good until somebody spills the Acetyl Pyrazine and you smell like half chewed Fritos for a week.

Oooh... squeezing freshly shaken HDPE dripper bottles for a smell test. Juice droplets in eye or up nose never fun either. Amazing how many times I did this.

Oooh... squeezing freshly shaken HDPE dripper bottles for a smell test. Juice droplets in eye or up nose never fun either. Amazing how many times I did this.

First time for me was with 18mg Cubano twisp liquid.
Right in the friggin eye!
Burnt like crazy!

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

I have a mixing room outside, the main reason being HRH cannot handle the smell of the concentrates.
So before I had a scale I was mixing with syringes and every now and again when I made a mess I would just wipe my hands on my T-shirt.
Lets just say I never got lucky on a mixing day.

Just added Citric Acid in stead of Citrus Mix - next to each other in the alphabetical row. Fortunately I picked it up as I put the bottle back, phew! And, fortunately, it was just a 10 ml tester.

A mistake I've made a couple of times now is wanting to make a 10ml tester and not changing my calculator to 10ml.

So there I sit filling a 10ml bottle with concentrates and start adding PG only to have the little bottle fill up and I go wtf? So I have to chuck it all in a 30ml bottle and just deal with the fact that I now have 30mls of nothing great to vape through :tired:

I don't like having to vape 10ml of a single flavour tester - and then mix up new ones if the initial sample is too weak or strong - so I now try to do everything in one bottle. I do a guesstimate of the right concentration as 10ml in a 25ml bottle. I then draw out 1ml of it with a syringe to test each time. If it's too weak, I recalculate using my reduced sample. Example:

* I mix my sample at 3% in 10ml which = 0.3g of the concentrate
* I vape 2x1ml syringes of the sample before deciding it's too weak
* I want to bump up to 5% which would equal 0.5g of the concentrate
* So I would need to add 0.2g of concentrate to my original 10ml sample
* But I've vaped 2ml of the 10ml so I only have 8ml left or 80% of my original sample
* So I add 80% of the extra 0.2g which = 0.16g to the sample
* I now have a 5% sample without having to chuck the old sample and remix

If it's too strong I go the other way, adding more base to the concentration to dilute it. Hence the 10ml sample in a 25ml bottle. You can comfortably double the base/halve the flavour concentration in the same bottle.

Adding ingredients with the scale switched off! Fortunately, usually just a drop or two before one picks it up.

Realising halfway through VG power-filling that you grabbed the PG bottle instead of the VG one, and then resorting to mixing a 100ml instead of the intended 50ml :rolleyes:

Back