DIY - Tips and Tricks To get Nicotine Smooth?

Surely it doesnt make a difference whether you use PG or VG nic?
As long as the final ratio of the mixed juice is right?
Or am I missing something?

@RichJB , would you say that nic ages differently in PG versus VG?
Or is it just the amount of air it gets exposed to?
Maybe the nic in VG is "preserved" better? Or something to that effect?
For me it does make an huge difference. Considering the possibility of having a pg sensitivity, I may have reacted better to the vg nic than with the pg nic. Ask @vicTor it does make a world of difference.

For me it does make an huge difference. Considering the possibility of having a pg sensitivity, I may have reacted better to the vg nic than with the pg nic. Ask @vicTor it does make a world of difference.

Ah, ok - I forgot about the PG sensitivity issue!
In that case it makes perfect sense

There are a few reasons for nic feeling too harsh:
  • a high nic content,
  • incorrect measuring methods,
  • incorrect labeling from manufacturers,
  • incorrect mixing technique,
  • short steeping time,
  • low steeping temperature,
  • poor quality nic,
  • water content,
  • other ingredients,
to mention but a few.

In my experience, steeping time and temperature effect the feel and flavour of my mixes far more noticeably than any of the other reasons listed above. When creating your liquids, think of a wine-master or whiskey maker. It really is a type of art form and once you have the recipe (downloaded) and technique working to your taste, it can be repeated any number of times.

It is also important to remember that commercial producers often have their liquids sitting in warehouses (steeping) for months before it is sold,
and commercial juices very seldom contain just 4 pure ingredients i.e. VG, PG, Flavour(PG) and Nic(PG or VG), like yours do.

It should also be noted that the magic of "good flavour" happens in the VG, so steeping your "High VG"/PG/Flavour mix for a long time without any Nic is always best for flavour.
Nic will degrade over time, temperature and lighting conditions leaving behind the carrier fluid and a bad burnt taste but no satisfactory nic hit.

You can try this experiment. Leave 10ml of your favourite liquid to sit with the cap unscrewed and in well lit conditions for a month or so. The color will become darker, the aroma stronger and when you vape it, it will cling your wicking material like charcoal within a few hours but no real nic craving satisfaction.

I have also noticed that VG nic is less harsh than PG nic in general. If I use PG nic, then I also add distilled water.

You also need to consider the mechanism of nicotine in the e-cig vessel and how your body responds to this mechanism.

Heating PG and GLY (aka VG) to various temperatures cause varying levels of degradation of these compounds, resulting in an unknown number of alderhyde compounds to be released, including formaldehyde compounds.

In a normal cigarette, there are many flavours that are added and released while smoking. These flavours assist in masking the otherwise noxious taste of nicotine compounds and over time your body will become desensitized to the taste of nicotine namely due to the transient receptor potential ankyrin subtype 1 (TRPA1) channels in sensory neurons.

It is also unknown to what extent the flavours in e-liquids mask the the taste of alderhyde toxins and the various other toxins released while heating PG and VG/GLY.

hmmm...
Some food for thought...?

Mixing "tasty e-liquids" is just a euphemism for "well masked formaldehyde and nicotine vapour".
Call it what ever you like.
Custard meringue with lemon cream and ginger bread mango pina colada mint pixie dust darth cool massive jet monster best extraplanetary vape master awesome juice and sons, I do not care.

It may help to remember this when mixing your liquids. Harsh tasting liquids could have nothing to do with your Nic and everything to do with your entire recipe/method/technique and/or taste/physiology.

Last edited:
@Silver nic suspended I'm VG is harsh.
Surely it doesnt make a difference whether you use PG or VG nic?
As long as the final ratio of the mixed juice is right?
Or am I missing something?

@RichJB , would you say that nic ages differently in PG versus VG?
Or is it just the amount of air it gets exposed to?
Maybe the nic in VG is "preserved" better? Or something to that effect?
That's unless all the nic/VG blends I had was foiled by something...?

Sent from my X30 using Tapatalk

And believe me I have vaped it neat from the dispensing container.
And vaped it side by side to compare while sorting out my allegies.
And I have a trick but still testing it

Sent from my X30 using Tapatalk

Back