DIY - What's the Catch

Bit more feedback on this too. I see it was mentioned that an overnight steep was recommended on the DIYorDIE site but It was still quite nutty till about day three and honestly didn't like the stuff much at all, I thought I had wasted my money. Day four comes around and man it was a whole different kettle of fish. This stuff is better than good, the wife wont vape anything else at this point and I find this is becoming my ADV very quickly. I Had to make another 200ml last night.

Maybe one of the more experienced guys can help: Any reason that the steep took so much longer than recommended. Perhaps I didn't shake it enough? I was shaking it daily and letting it air.
I cure all my mixes for at least a week (longer for tobaccos) as a matter of course to make sure all flavours integrate well. I shake very well after mixing and then only gently once a day thereafter (if I remember). I never let out air other than for a few seconds when I am ready to taste.

@Soutie, not to familiar with champagne, but from what I have read it does help bring out some notes. Just not boiling water please hahaha. Unfortunately loving hands only brings us so far lol! Lemme know how it turns out

I cure all my mixes for at least a week (longer for tobaccos) as a matter of course to make sure all flavours integrate well. I shake very well after mixing and then only gently once a day thereafter (if I remember). I never let out air other than for a few seconds when I am ready to taste.

Yeah I've noticed that pretty much everything needs to steep at least a little. Even when i the recipe says "shake 'n vape" it just doesn't taste right till about a day or so after. I usually let the air out daily (I read that somewhere) so it will be interesting to see if that makes a difference. Maybe i should make 2 * 10ml and treat them exactly the same other than recycling the air on one, for a week or so and see if there is a difference.

@Soutie I'm still mixing at 5% nicotine and useing TFA. I haven't tried FA flavours yet but will endeavour too do so soon. Thanks for the heads-up on this.

Ive only just started playing with the DIY but FA seems to need a helluva lot less flavoring then TFA/CAP. It comes down to about 4-8 % total flavor for FA rather than the 15-20% that TFA needs, and some of the FA flavors are Really nice too, the Fuji apple is yum.

Back