DNA 40 Board impressions and discussions

Hey all!

Here some of Phil latested detailed discussions on the DNA 40 boards

I feel for Phil.
I cannot imagine having to publicly rip into a FRIEND'S device features the way he just did...

People don't understand how much the friendship between Phil and Brandon weighs, but he bit down hard and spat it out the way it is.

I have a newfound level of respect for Phil after this. I am not 100% sure that I would have carried that particular weight as well as he did...

That said, I always knew how finicky the Ni200 builds were; That is no surprise to me, but the "refinement" thing is definitely news to me.
My biggest questions lay with that "refinement". If there is a problem with it, and they do solve it a month or 3 from now, what happens then? Will they release a firmware update? Is that even possible with the DNA boards?
As far as my knowledge goes, the DNA board does not have a direct USB interface to the board, only power input from USB. (i think that sentence looks wobbly, but the idea is there... i think it is?)
I don't imagine very many international customers are going to be willing to pay those kinds of shipping fees to ship their mods back to Evolv or their agents to "get it fixed".

The screenfuzz problem sounds like a factory fault issue. Anything in mass production suffers those. I don't understand why people don't just return the product when that first started happening to them...
The battery display thing though is probably a programming error, as is the "getting stuck" in whichever mode. Again, how will they push this fix to the public once they solve it?

That is the main issue that bothers me...

I agree with your comments @WHeunis
Spot on

What I liked about this video is that it explained the whole thing to me carefully so I can be more informed.

While I am excited about temperature control and do think it has a great future, i am not keen on experiencing the glitches he did. Not now at least. I think I will pass for now and watch it develop.

Back