Dna166 check battery

incredible_hullk

Vaping Addict
LV

Awards
Douglasdale, Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Hey guys

A wee bit frustrated... this is my 3rd or 4th DNA in the last 4 months that has died and I don't know if the quality is stacking up to the price

Anyhow venting over. I have a hcigar vt167 which just says check battery and shows no ohms or voltage on screen. If you unplug it from USB it dies. The same batteries work fine in another mod

Anyone seen the problem and managed to fix it?

Thanks

Hey guys

A wee bit frustrated... this is my 3rd or 4th DNA in the last 4 months that has died and I don't know if the quality is stacking up to the price

Anyhow venting over. I have a hcigar vt167 which just says check battery and shows no ohms or voltage on screen. If you unplug it from USB it dies. The same batteries work fine in another mod

Thanks
I feel your pain,my vt200 did the same thing. I logged on to evolve forum and explained my plight. I was told to go on escribe plug your mods USB in like normal,at the top of the page go to Tools>diagnostics>reboot.You will get drop downs to logically follow.This didn't help me but you should try it cause I'm stupid with computers and maybe missed something.Perhaps you'll see something I didn't.Let me know how you make out,good luck hulkie!

I feel your pain,my vt200 did the same thing. I logged on to evolve forum and explained my plight. I was told to go on escribe plug your mods USB in like normal,at the top of the page go to Tools>diagnostics>reboot.You will get drop downs to logically follow.This didn't help me but you should try it cause I'm stupid with computers and maybe missed something.Perhaps you'll see something I didn't.Let me know how you make out,good luck hulkie!

Thanks @kev mac ...just tried it and didn't work. Ah well she's flatlined...time of death called...

Hey guys

Thanks
The fact that the battery work in another mod dorsnt mean are fine for that one as well. I have a releaux dna200 and suddenly wouldnt work with a set of battery but the rx200 would use them with no problem. I use a fresh , different set on the dna and sorted. Hope it will be a simple solution for you to

Ps: that is exactly what my dna would do. Fine on a usb as soon disconnected died

The fact that the battery work in another mod dorsnt mean are fine for that one as well. I have a releaux dna200 and suddenly wouldnt work with a set of battery but the rx200 would use them with no problem. I use a fresh , different set on the dna and sorted. Hope it will be a simple solution for you to
Hey @andro tried a brand new set of batts after charging same issue..thx for the tip

I've had this issue before with my Therion DNA 250. To solve it, I went on to Escribe and changed the battery settings according to the set of batteries I was using. I can't explain where exactly on Escribe it's on, but it's at the settings where you set the voltage, amperage and mAh of your batteries. Once you have that correct on your mod it should work.

Let me know if this helps.

I've had this issue before with my Therion DNA 250. To solve it, I went on to Escribe and changed the battery settings according to the set of batteries I was using. I can't explain where exactly on Escribe it's on, but it's at the settings where you set the voltage, amperage and mAh of your batteries. Once you have that correct on your mod it should work.

Let me know if this helps.

Awesome @Aneego just tried it and guess what....she's alive again bud. Thanks so much. It's weird it was on the right batts so changed it to power supply and then back to the lithium and it liked it.... All systems are nominal!

Awesome @Aneego just tried it and guess what....she's alive again bud. Thanks so much. It's weird it was on the right batts so changed it to power supply and then back to the lithium and it liked it.... All systems are nominal!
Since mine runs on lithos I wonder if it would do anything to cure mine?

Hi @kev mac , Maybe just give changing the battery settings on the software a try. Could not do any harm messing around with those settings a bit.

Regards
Right I don't see what I can loose. I just need to look up an alternative setting.

Just to give you something to benchmark on. The settings currently active on my Therion 166. 2xLG brownies being used.
View attachment 87141

Regards
I am happy things worked out for you, I wish I waited to get a 18650 DNA but patience is not my forte. I will get around to trying to fix the battery (lipo,) on escribe but I just got a sx mini q class so I'm concentrating on programming this one and will revisit my hcigar after that. It will be great if it works for me also.Enjoy your DNA vape.

Back