Do we have a chance?

KZOR

Proudly South African Vaper
LV

Awards
Bellville, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
I hope it is my imagination but I am have been noticing some serious "clicks" in this forum.
I had my suspicions but I just bought some gear from a fellow forum member and we had a interesting chat.
He had his own juice line and some of his remnant bottles are even still stocked at some vendors.
I informed him of how hard it is to get a brand off the floor and he said that I might as well give up like he did.
I noticed certain brands being pushed by high profile members and also posts of frequent visits to the owners of well-known brands.
I even dropped a batch off at a vendor more than a month ago and was promised feedback which has not happened as of yet.
The only reason why this bothers me as that I was told by a high ranker that I would receive some assistance after Vapecon and that never happened.

I know CPT has always sucked on the small teet since I joined but that was normal since 95% of members and activities are all north of us.

Could someone please honestly answer me this ............ should I leave everything and stick to making for myself and friends (and save R200 a month as a non-supporting vendor) or is there honestly no pushing of certain brands and all is pure imaginative speculation?

Do small fry like myself stand a chance or are the bonds between admin staff and established vendors too strong?

Last edited:
I suppose it's like any other business: networking is key. It's who you know. I guess your R200 pm essentially gets you a voice on the site. Best of luck!

Also perhaps it's better to take it up with the admins in private?

I hope it is my imagination but I am have been noticing some serious "clicks" in this forum.
I had my suspicions but I just bought some gear from a fellow forum member and we had a interesting chat.
He had his own juice line and some his remnant bottles are even still stocked at some vendors.
I informed him of how hard it is to get a brand off the floor and he said that I might as well give up like he did.
I noticed certain brands being pushed by high profile members and also posts of frequent visits to the owners of well-known brands.
I even dropped a batch off at a vendor more than a month ago and was promised feedback which has not happened as of yet.
The only reason why this bothers me as that I was told by a high ranker that I would receive some assistance after Vapecon and that never happened.

I know CPT has always sucked on the small teet since I joined but that was normal since 95% of members and activities are all north of us.

Could someone please honestly answer me this ............ should I leave everything and stick to making for myself and friends (and save R200 a month as a non-supporting vendor) or is there honestly no pushing of certain brands and all is pure imaginative speculation?

Do small fry like myself stand a chance or are the bonds between admin staff and established vendors too strong?

Hey bud,

You can only try, but problem ive seen is everyone is trying to jump on the vape wagon and get involved in something (including myself) ive seen so many new supporting vendors pop up weekly its not even funny.

Shops (online and B&m) can not afford to stock every single persons juice line but that does not mean you shouldnt try get in.

I think the problem is especially with juices is-
(These are only examples)
What makes your strawberry milkshake diffrent from the other 20 already out

In order to get in the market it needs to be something diffrent otherwise its just anothet number in the field.

Good luck brother

@KZOR my number one main juice supplier is in CT... so I don't for one second think CT sucks the hind one...
VapourMountain3.jpg

And to answer your question... there are so many juice makers these days and there are those juice makers that have been around since the early days and have been a part of the vape scene for a long time... they have sponsored events... given prizes and paid a lot of dues... and hence the people tend to gravitate towards them obviously... there will always be groups and "clicks"... it's human nature...

I taste a lot of local juices and with my philistine taste buds very few ever get a reorder because my CT supplier really hits the spot for me...

The only way to break into the lucrative juice market is to participate and pay your dues and most important produce a really good juice! But to expect to become a major juice maker by paying your vendor fees of R200 for a couple of months is more than a little optimistic.

Juice Marketing 101
1. Great packaging and labelling
2. Interesting and functional bottles
3. Juice giveaways and competitions in your forum.
4. Sponsorship of events
5. Attend vape meets and have samples
6. Get involved
7. Send your juice to some of the personalities and Youtube reviewers

PS I went to look at the vendors list now to go and check how well your marketing has been done in your forum and for the life of my I can't think of what vendor you are? You need to do a lot more marketing... you have a lot of work to do marketing wise...

I honestly agree with @Rob Fisher here, I personally didn't even know that you had a juice line. Here on the forum you have the platform to advertise your products. Use it.

And just another thought on the issue... there are so many new juice makers popping up all the time and a lot of the juices being tested are kak... so people are getting really tired of spending R150 on a new juice and finding out it's not vapable and they have wasted thier hard earned cash... so what do they do next time? They stick to thier tried and tested brands...

Thanks for the reply @Rob Fisher

1.) checked (Bottom's Up is a awesome name)
2.) checked (Easier to use than drippers)
3.) checked (made myself available as a sponsor but will try a comp or three :) ) thanks for that great idea
4.) too small to do that atm
5.) checked (that is where I saw how many are into DIY)
6.) checked (I think I have replied and created a lot in 3 months)
7.) checked (i have sent to a few ....... need to send to more and will do)

I can't think of what vendor you are
Would love to market more but I am only allowed to post in my own sub-forum concerning my brand.
A very minute amount of people actually go there.

I certainly do not expect to become a hit overnight and i totally believe in a long road to success.
My problem is that politics on the forum are not making things easier for the small guys like me.
Have received a few privates agreeing with me. That's all I wanted to know. :)

I don't think I am going to get anywhere with this post. Sorry for bringing it up.
Could you please delete.

And just another thought on the issue... there are so many new juice makers popping up all the time and a lot of the juices being tested are kak... so people are getting really tired of spending R150 on a new juice and finding out it's not vapable and they have wasted thier hard earned cash... so what do they do next time? They stick to thier tried and tested brands...

Totaly agree with you uncle @Rob Fisher
So many new juice makers and everyone is selling it the same price as "premium juice" or R10/R20 cheaper .

Where is the business model to maybe come in at R100 get a name and then maybe charge the current local price.

Only person ive actualy seen come in and is not just throwing figures and hope people will buy is @YeOldeOke
Who charges around R65 for a 30ml and around R95 for a 50ml (nic content adjusts price)

Example-
Everyone wants to make cash but
1 sale a week of R150 = R100 profit
10 sales @ R100 a week =R1000 = R500 profit

I certainly do not expect to become a hit overnight and i totally believe in a long road to success.
My problem is that politics on the forum are not making things easier for the small guys like me.
Have received a few privates agreeing with me. That's all I wanted to know. :)

Yes there may be "clicks" but nothing can beat producing a good juice... no "clicks" or "politics" will stop a good juice.

I expected that you would jump at the chance. :)

Nope I'm more than happy to leave this thread for general discussion... I find it interesting... let me know if you still want me to delete it because I'm happy to leave it right here.

I think it has nothing to do with location, more the proven few's reputations keeping them popular.

I personally am thinking, that every Tom, **** and Harry that finds a half-baked decent decipe, or makes one themselves, is putting out a juice line.

Me, personally, i dont care to spend R150 on 30mls of juice that maybe just tastes ike the masses.

Sooooo, again personally, if I am going to spend money on juice, it best be special.

Plenty brands before yours have been drowned out by the "special" brands.

Put out something "special" to retailers, and they'll smell the money.

I just think at the moment, everything has been, so only the special will survive. The days of putting out "Bluerry Bliss" or "Strawberry Milkshake" are gone.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

hi @KZOR

In most hobbies, you will find cliques. a group of people who stick to what they know or what the "ring leader" tells them is GOOD.

Unfortunately, you can't get out of this and I've seen smaller juice makers crushed when their product is not what the rest of the group likes. there are groups of people who are influenced by "the big guns" and the like and it's easier to suck up to them and agree that "they" have the best juice in the hopes of a few freebies down the line for loyalty instead of taking a chance on something new and buying a bottle for themselves.

BUT ! it's not the end of the world.

find a Niche in the market and bottle it ! something that sets you apart from the rest and when people ask "have you tried the new .........." then people will be intrigued in what you have to offer and try it out.

I'll stand by the statement that "all politics are not bad" Most often "rivals" in any industry result in them pushing harder and the customer gets better pricing, service, and quality.

I'm my experience I've seen small vendors remain small vendors even after 2 years of work and I've seen new vendors become LEGENDS in the industry fairly quickly. 99% of the time it's down to their business model.

Now that is all some of us wanted to hear.
I can now start working on an alternative route.
Thanks for being honest.

I don't think honesty has anything to do with it... there are "clicks" in everything... even within clubs there are numerous clicks... likeminded people stick together... it's the way of the world... go to a church or a Mosque and there will be clicks... at work there are departmental clicks... I'm not sure why "clicks" are viewed as negative... it's simply people to like to spend time together. Jocks vs Nerds... Men vs Women... and the list of groups go on...

But we digress... back to juice marketing... put in the time and support and if you have a great juice it will be successful.

And in terms of hardware, i also think new retailers must understand from a buyers point of view "what are you bringing to the game?"

If ive already spent R10K with Vape Club down the road, why should i spend R1k on a new mod with you? To save R50... probably not enough for me. I know the folk at VC who I have bought from for 3 years.

And believe me, I am in no way affilated with the Admin - if anything, I reckon they dont even like me - I can be a little 'rough round the edges.' :)

And in terms of hardware, i also think new retailers must understand from a buyers point of view "what are you bringing to the game?"

If ive already spent R10K with Vape Club down the road, why should i spend R1k on a new mod with you? To save R50... probably not enough for me. I know the folk at VC who I have bought from for 3 years.

And believe me, I am in no way affilated with the Admin - if anything, I reckon they dont even like me - I can be a little 'rough round the edges.' :)

we all love you @rogue zombie ! rough edges and all :)

My buddy Darwin said it best. Survival of the fittest! Actually he meant survival of the most capable to adapt. I think there is a clue in there somewhere.

I feel for you, because you seem like some one that is obviously passionate about what he's trying to do, but man just look at the salt you've sprinkled all over the place.

I'm going to be brutal here and straight forward, your flavours are nothing new, they don't pique my interest because I've seen them all before, your descriptions are lack luster - I don't feel your passion in them, they honestly read as though you made them up on the spot, and sure some "flavour profiles" are a tug and half, but it shows effort. Next up are your labels, they are completely unprofessional, you need to hire someone to do the design work or go get a template online, you could honestly have nectre of the gods in your bottles and I wouldn't part with what equates to like a third of a new RDA simply because it looks you hacked something up in Paint.

You seem blinded by emotional investment here. You reply with quips about "Bottoms up" being an "awesome name", honestly in my opinion its terrible, it's largely and has been for ages connected with downing your alcoholic drink, am I going to empty out the bottle upside down? Drink it?

You have not done proper market research in to how to penetrate a fairly established market, end of story.

He had his own juice line and some of his remnant bottles are even still stocked at some vendors.

Hi @KZOR

ECIGSSA is merely a platform to connect enthusiastic vapers to one another. We decided to allow vendors on here but separate their marketing from the general discussion so we dont end up with a trade forum and punting all over the place.

ECIGSSA is certainly not a formula for success. Getting your juices into the larger vendors has nothing to do with us as the Admin and Mod team.

My observation is that it can take a new juice vendor around a year to start getting traction. And thats with a lot of hard work off the forum.

Regarding your juices, if I am not mistaken, you do not offer online purchase or delivery. At least that is what I read last on your subforum. So how are we supposed to get your juice if we cant buy it online and get it delivered? I also dont see your website or contact details in your signature.

To answer you on the last sentence in your original post - we as the Admin and Mod team certainly have longstanding relationships with many of the long time vendors on this forum. But I certainly stay out of their business decisions on which juices they stock - if that is what you are implying. That I can guarantee you!

If you would like to discuss your concerns further, feel free to post here, send me a PM pr give me a call. Am happy to chat whichever way you like.

I very very rarely buy local, or international juice. Mostly because of financial implications and the fact that I don't like most of what I have tried. Don't take this personal, but I see your OP as whining, and that alone is enough to make some people not support your juice line.

Back