Do you dry burn ?

Yes, I do... I dry burn them 3 times when cleaning and quench them under hot running water. The coils come out sparkling clean!

Yep, the better quality the coil the more often it can be done before a new coil is needed! I re-wick often but my better coils last months.

Yeah I do. Been using the same pair of coils since January, until a month ago exclusively! They last forever. Probably have a few more burns left in them but I'm having a love affair with my new atty

I dry burn, but no longer quench... I find that my coils go longer before losing their colour.
I scrub the dirty coils with dish soap and a toothbrush, then once dry I get them to a glow, cool down and scrub with a dry toothbrush and repeat the last round again.

How old were you when you learned this quenching thing? I was today years old... :D Dry burn and every so often +1 to @CJB85 with an old toothbrush because I do smoke alot of damn sugar :) I dont use water at all to clean my coils, and my coils last 6 months normally if not longer at a push, but around 6 months I want a nice fresh set, not because they arent working, its just a girl thing haha

Every time, all the time, and toothbrush only when they have cooled down. Destroyed my favorite Donald Duck toothbrush because of haste:BangsHeads:

My process is:
  1. Take tanks apart in the kitchen sink
  2. Rinse everything with warm water
  3. Pull out old cotton
  4. Wipe down bases and dry burn coils, then set them aside to cool off
  5. Toothbrush and dish soap to clean all the rest of the components
  6. Toothbrush and dish soap on bases with coils
  7. Re-align coils if necessary
  8. Dry burn to check for hot spots
  9. Wick, assemble and fill tanks
Weekly ritual with about 5 atties in rotation

Back