Doubles, triples, quadruples...

Reos!
Cyclones.
Ol16s.
Flow by odis.
Billet box.
Lemo v1.
Crown v1.

@Christos - which do you have 2, 3 or 4 of?

we want details!!

2 x Pico
4 x Subtank mini
2 x Toptank mini
3 x Trinity Bell cap
Also in a similar fashion to @GregF a fair variety of stuff passed to my son (and a few mates).

Ooh, Subtank Mini city @Neal

Groovy !

Wow... All this because of me? OhmiGosh :borra2:

2 SXK BB
2 Skyline (1 Skyline authentic and 1 Skyclone)
2 OL16 (1 was Hijacked a few days ago)
2 Nautilus mini
6 LG brown chocs and 6 VTC6's (Does that even count?)

All because of you @Amir
Look what you started!
Its all your fault :p

All because of you @Amir
Look what you started!
Its all your fault :p

I think it's an interesting thread because people seldom go out and buy the same thing twice unless it's really, really good. Like flawlessly good. I know it's not a direct indication obviously that an item is perfect but it gives you a general idea of what stands out and that can help narrow the list of options down for guys who need to use budget hands a little more than others or don't want to waste time with trial and error.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True, when starting out you don't know what to look out for. You don't know what type of Vape you like. In the start everybody I knew swore by the Smok baby beast tank, yet nobody bought 2 of them. I payed expensive school fees for vaping lessons. A thread like this would've helped tremendously. Not to go out and buy everything listed here but like you say, narrow down the options.

True, when starting out you don't know what to look out for. You don't know what type of Vape you like. In the start everybody I knew swore by the Smok baby beast tank, yet nobody bought 2 of them. I payed expensive school fees for vaping lessons. A thread like this would've helped tremendously. Not to go out and buy everything listed here but like you say, narrow down the options.
Unfortunately and this is my opinion nobody wants to spend R1000 for a device when a box of stinkies costs R50.

I think its a slow evolutionary process with vape devices and people will over time find what they enjoy or what works for them. For example I enjoyed reos a lot and a few people I know tried them early on in their vape career and hated them. Same people now swear by them.

For me I would not have had it any other way as if I hadn't gone through an array of devices I honestly would not understand my vape style and vape requirements as well as I do now.

I also hope this thread is not used by newbies to try some devices wich they might not like coming off stinkies etc and then be put off by some great devices.

I only have 1 setup due to financial constraints. SM22 and iPower. Only thing i have a double of, are ulcers

Unfortunately and this is my opinion nobody wants to spend R1000 for a device when a box of stinkies costs R50.

I think its a slow evolutionary process with vape devices and people will over time find what they enjoy or what works for them. For example I enjoyed reos a lot and a few people I know tried them early on in their vape career and hated them. Same people now swear by them.

For me I would not have had it any other way as if I hadn't gone through an array of devices I honestly would not understand my vape style and vape requirements as well as I do now.

I also hope this thread is not used by newbies to try some devices wich they might not like coming off stinkies etc and then be put off by some great devices.

But that's kinda the point I was getting at. The reos showed you your preferred vape style so you went out and got a couple of em. Your vape style stayed the same but you found more comfort in the skyline. It trumped the reo for you because it was regulated. Still single coil and restricted flavorful vape. Then you came across the billet box and from what I recall you're the proud owner of 3... but the vaping style is still the same. Restricted lung single coil... so any guy who can't afford school fees can see from this thread that Christos is a single coil restricted lung flavor chasing kinda guy. Hence, let's see what devices he has, what are his pros and cons with them and why.... helps narrow down the options right?

@Amir and @Christos - you guys are both right in my view

Although that wasnt the intention of the thread, I can see how it could help newer vapers decide on what to go for.

Having said that if you are not really sure what type of vape you like - or dont know what the preferred vaping style of the member is who has multiple devices then it can be tricky and lead you down the wrong path.

The only device I have two of is the 60W iStick. It was the first ever mod I bought. A few months later, another vendor had them on special. I liked the one I had and heard that they die quite quickly so I bought another on special as a back-up. But a mod is a mod is a mod imo. My only requirement is that it delivers 25-40W reliably when I push the fire button.

In terms of atties, I would always rather buy something different. I have found that my Hadaly dripper is an excellent reference dripper which gives me a flat and balanced representation of what is in the juice. My Recoil is a 'base' dripper which emphasises base notes. So in a strawberry cheesecake, it will give more oomph to the cheesecake. My Velocity is the opposite, a 'toppy' dripper that will boost the strawberry top note at the expense of the cheesecake base. But now that I have those, I have no need to replicate them.

I can only vape one atty at a time and I have a Hadaly already. So I'd rather buy something different like a Wasp and see what I get from that. The only way I'd buy duplicates is if I absolutely had to have an identical vape on every setup. But as a DIYer, I don't want an identical vape on all my devices. I want to have atties with different biases so that I can better assess what is happening in my juices.

The only device I have two of is the 60W iStick. It was the first ever mod I bought. A few months later, another vendor had them on special. I liked the one I had and heard that they die quite quickly so I bought another on special as a back-up. But a mod is a mod is a mod imo. My only requirement is that it delivers 25-40W reliably when I push the fire button.

In terms of atties, I would always rather buy something different. I have found that my Hadaly dripper is an excellent reference dripper which gives me a flat and balanced representation of what is in the juice. My Recoil is a 'base' dripper which emphasises base notes. So in a strawberry cheesecake, it will give more oomph to the cheesecake. My Velocity is the opposite, a 'toppy' dripper that will boost the strawberry top note at the expense of the cheesecake base. But now that I have those, I have no need to replicate them.

I can only vape one atty at a time and I have a Hadaly already. So I'd rather buy something different like a Wasp and see what I get from that. The only way I'd buy duplicates is if I absolutely had to have an identical vape on every setup. But as a DIYer, I don't want an identical vape on all my devices. I want to have atties with different biases so that I can better assess what is happening in my juices.

Love your explanation of base vs balanced vs toppy @RichJB !

Crap I have such a long way to go... post explains a lot of what i have experienced and didn't know why

Love your explanation of base vs balanced vs toppy @RichJB !

I was really interested to see Wayne's assessment of his top five atomisers. I only have two of them: the Hadaly and Recoil. I bought the Hadaly on Wayne's recommendation. Since he got it, he's been shilling it as the best 'reference' dripper on the market. That is a godsend for flavour testing so I bought it. I have found the same as Wayne did, that it gives a perfectly flat 'frequency' response. Although I concede that there may be a degree of confirmation bias, that I'm getting a reference response because it's what I wanted and expected from the dripper.

However, no such confirmation bias exists with the Recoil. When I got it in October last year, I posted this in my review:

I'm getting more of the base notes on the Recoil than I do on other atties, less of the top notes.

In his summary of the Recoil, Wayne notes:

In the video I call these the “Beats” of the vaping world, because they give a lot of emphasis to the base, or foundation, while the highs feel a bit rounded off missing that “sparkle” that the naRDA has.

I use the Velocity Mini as my toppy dripper. Wayne seems to favour the NaRda for that purpose:

There seems to be much more emphasis on the high’s on this atomizer, meaning my fruits/candies and lighter recipes work wonderfully in here. But bakeries, desserts, and tobaccos seem to lack in weight just a bit.

That is bang-on how I would describe my Velocity. A light summery fruity lemonade will be perfect in it, my customary heavy bakeries - not so much. So I'd be keen to get a NaRda to see if I get the same toppy response from it. That, for me, would be a lot more instructive than getting a second Velocity. I know what the Velocity does already, getting a second doesn't really appeal to me.

@Amir and @Christos - you guys are both right in my view

Although that wasnt the intention of the thread, I can see how it could help newer vapers decide on what to go for.

Having said that if you are not really sure what type of vape you like - or dont know what the preferred vaping style of the member is who has multiple devices then it can be tricky and lead you down the wrong path.

My theory is not directly aimed at newbies as that is a whole different ball game. I myself am by no means a pro but there was a time where dual coil set ups at 140-160W was my thing and I'd be running limitless XL with rx2/3 in 3 config mode and it would last me an hour or 2 with multiple refills. Now all that has changed, I know my preferred vape style and it's akin to that of let's say Christos or Rob for example. So I know now that if I'm looking for a single coil restricted lung rta, and rob has 3 and Christos has 2.... that would be a fantastic starting point for me instead of me having to go out and buy a reaper and a skyline and a vapor giant and an ammit and a govad... see where I'm going with this? Basically, using this same ideology, I ended up on a reo and ol16 within minutes of deciding I needed something like it. Christos happily shared info, build tips, wicking, coils etc and it just worked from day one. Granted I tried the RM2 amongst other things but that was for the sake of knowing... I always end up back on the reo/ol16, bb, and skyline over and over again. I've tried the ammit 22 and 25, I've tried the SMM, I've tried the reload and the kylin and the dual ammit. I've tried the pulse and the hadaly and armor and the Viper... I've tried almost everything. But that's a whole different story all together. That was for the sake of trying and knowing so I can help others, not for the pursuit of the perfect vape. I have perfected my vape style based on trial and error, after narrowing down the list of options based on duplicated items.

3 x Sub tank Mini + 1 Toptank (Regard them as the same in principle)
8 x Sub tank Mini RBA heads
3 X OBS Crius + 1 X extra base
3 X OBS Engine Nano

These were items that managed to meet my requirements and expectations as my vaping journey evolved over time. Each marking a specific stage in this journey where my vaping style remained consistent for an extended period. In between a lot of gear got purchased which despite great reviews did not manage to meet that sweet spot.

I think its time I put the other gear up for sale in the classifieds. The above items however will remain in my arsenal or on loan to close friends until such time they are sufficiently hooked on vaping to purchase their own. Yea, I'm an a-hole that way...LOL.

Regards

2 vaporshark dna200, 4 twisted messes square (different colors) , kayfuns ( nearly all the models and of all the model i have more than one )

OK let's start with my REO's... I have sold quite a few but still have some of them in the display cabinet because I don't use them much and can't let the balance of them leave the fold because they hold very sentimental value for me. I think at my peak collection I had 18 REO's... here are some pics... let me count how many REO's left... stand by... Eight left.
REOFamily 003.JPG REO-Family.JPG REO-Family-1.jpg REO-Family02.jpg ShowCase04.jpg ShowCase05.jpg

Wapari's x 3. 1 x 26650 SX350, 1 x Classic DNA75 18650, 1 x Nano DNA75 18650.
WapariNano3.jpg WapariNarBA.JPG HandPopcorn 001.JPG

And there the mod master schools all of us. Point set match on your amazing collection. I doubt if anybody here can beat that collection?

@Rob Fisher i spot 4 bb and 2 other high end devices in the previous posts. We are properly schooled by your collection.

Speachless on the amazing setups you do have and share with us.

@Rob Fisher i spot 4 bb and 2 other high end devices in the previous posts. We are properly schooled by your collection.

Speachless on the amazing setups you do have and share with us.

Got some more pics coming... and will put up the BB Family next week when the others arrive. :)

Back