Dry nose?

Nightwalker

Staying off cigs
LV

Awards
Is it me with stuffed up nasal passages or does vaping tend to dry up the nasal?/and or block your nose?
Yip, illiadan opens it up quick. But curious if its a vaping thing

I blame illiadin.
I have 3 bottles in my bathroom but I find the stuff addictive. Once in goes in even after I'm not sick I need illiadin to open up.
I have to wean myself off it. It's like if my nose doesn't get illiadin it throws a tantrum and closes up.

I blame illiadin.
I have 3 bottles in my bathroom but I find the stuff addictive. Once in goes in even after I'm not sick I need illiadin to open up.
I have to wean myself off it. It's like if my nose doesn't get illiadin it throws a tantrum and closes up.
Now that I can believe.
That makes sense and seems I'm in the same boat. Thanks for the imput

I would suggest swopping over to a saline spray. My sinusitus has completely cleared up since I started vaping, I still get hayfever but my chronic sinusitus has completely cleared up. I dunno how your nose dries out, I find if I exhale via my nose, especially using menthol juices opens up my nose completely.

I would suggest swopping over to a saline spray. My sinusitus has completely cleared up since I started vaping, I still get hayfever but my chronic sinusitus has completely cleared up. I dunno how your nose dries out, I find if I exhale via my nose, especially using menthol juices opens up my nose completely.
I'm gonna get a bottle of saline.
Lol I have menthol to wake up the tongue, I'll try exhaling it through the nose. Thanx

Not sure about Illiadin specifically but many nasal sprays can't be taken chronically else they cause a reflex reaction and end up causing worse congestion.

Edit: it's called a rebound reaction I believe.

Last edited:
Vg gives me a runny nose if I exhale through my nose. My chronic sinusitis has also cleared up since I started vaping and I found vaping Vg Pg 70 30 works best for me. High Pg will dry you out a bit and there are some people who vape high Pg because of the runny nose problem, so maybe you should try vaping high Vg and exhale through your nose.

Is it me with stuffed up nasal passages or does vaping tend to dry up the nasal?/and or block your nose?
Do you know, the one major difference of vaping and smoking - is the amount of muchus I DONT have anymore :) and I am certainly pleased that this effect is better than a running/runny snot nose --
Use a handkerchief too :p It doesn't block me up ever, but i SEEM to have better tastes at different times of the day, even if I just brushed my teeth and tongue, maybe even a palette scrub - the tastes will differe when I want the vape more or when it's a more suitable time to relax and smoke. It's always a unique journey with a vape that I don't need a lighter or butane for.

Not sure about Illiadin specifically but many nasal sprays can't be taken chronically else they cause a reflex reaction and end up causing worse congestion.

Edit: it's called a rebound reaction I believe.
You are correct. I have been using illiadan for 8 years. The doc keeps kaking on me about it. Trying to stop

Sorry for going off-topic, but this was my first thought :D
I have a mate who sucks at Fantasy name pronunciation. He used to call Illidan "Iliadin", and was also a chronic nasal spray/eye drops user.

Illidan.png

sorry to bring up an old topic.
but i just wanted to share my experience with a dry/stuffy nose and also my lack of taste during this winter period.

basically i noticed mid autumn that my all day vape. tasted different and this upset me and at this time i also had a stuffy nose.
at first i decided to up my concentrates, that was mildy successful untill winter progressed.
then i decided to get some menthol concentrates. and atleast i could taste it so i was happy and put it into my rotation.
then i got a mild flu and boom! nothing! no taste at all! (even menthol)
i then got a nasal decongestant. which atleast opened me up but still no taste.
as the flu went away i started to taste again but mildy. and sometimes i would use the nose spray from my flu episode.
then one night i decided to look up my nose spray and literally google was covered with things saying that it is known to give a lack of smell/taste.
so i then stopped it and started with saline mixture and would spray often and within a week my sense of smell/tasted is fully restored and i havnt had a single issue with the so called vapers tongue with the use of daily saline usage.
At the time my sister was also having a lack of flavour issue and she too now has a better sense of smell/taste.

sorry to bring up an old topic.
but i just wanted to share my experience with a dry/stuffy nose and also my lack of taste during this winter period.

basically i noticed mid autumn that my all day vape. tasted different and this upset me and at this time i also had a stuffy nose.
at first i decided to up my concentrates, that was mildy successful untill winter progressed.
then i decided to get some menthol concentrates. and atleast i could taste it so i was happy and put it into my rotation.
then i got a mild flu and boom! nothing! no taste at all! (even menthol)
i then got a nasal decongestant. which atleast opened me up but still no taste.
as the flu went away i started to taste again but mildy. and sometimes i would use the nose spray from my flu episode.
then one night i decided to look up my nose spray and literally google was covered with things saying that it is known to give a lack of smell/taste.
so i then stopped it and started with saline mixture and would spray often and within a week my sense of smell/tasted is fully restored and i havnt had a single issue with the so called vapers tongue with the use of daily saline usage.
At the time my sister was also having a lack of flavour issue and she too now has a better sense of smell/taste.

I have a runny nose!
Especially in the mornings. First I thought it was part of my flu episode but now I am thinking it might be because I have been off the smokes for almost 2 months. Maybe my body is adjusting.
I hope so.

On a different note and sorry for highjacking the post noted @SAVaper saying he is off the stinkies for two months??? Question??? How many still smoked while vaping and how long did it take you to completely kick the habit???

I still smoke daily, (vaping almost a month ) granted a LOT less than i used to, but i swear at myself and get very upset with myself every time i DO light a stinkie , yet i still do??? am i going nuts or is it normal??? Is it just a question of finding the right juice and nic level before i finally jump the hoop.......???

Sent from my MI 4W using Tapatalk

2 days of vaping and smoking... after 40 years of smoking... then haven't touched a stinky for over two and a half years... will never smoke again ever!

I switched from a stick every now and then to full time vape, wont even look at smellys anymore

On a different note and sorry for highjacking the post noted @SAVaper saying he is off the stinkies for two months??? Question??? How many still smoked while vaping and how long did it take you to completely kick the habit???

I still smoke daily, (vaping almost a month ) granted a LOT less than i used to, but i swear at myself and get very upset with myself every time i DO light a stinkie , yet i still do??? am i going nuts or is it normal??? Is it just a question of finding the right juice and nic level before i finally jump the hoop.......???

Each to their own @Spongebob - all in good time
Takes everyone a different time to get exclusively into vaping

I think the right juice and nic level helps the most
And a bit of willpower doesnt harm either.

Up the nic a bit and try for a day with a good juice...
We are behind you all the way...

In the first 2 weeks I also smoked and vaped together. It takes some time to adjust to the new routine and it took me a couple of weeks to find the right flavour.

This really helped me:

If you looking for a nice creamy mint

Creme de Menthe( TFA) 7%
Koolada (TFA) 1%
Menthol 0.5%

2 drops Sweetener for every 10ml

Has a background taste of Mint Cream but with a cool touch. Very fresh taste and a medium/strong throat kick

After 2 weeks this is excellent and gets even better after 3 weeks.

I stopped smoking because I couldn't afford the time, or risk to roll during heavy traffic while driving.

So I got vaping to be exclusive to vaping from the day I got it.

Not sure if this was covered already but I got a runny nose after every drip/RDA session. Since retiring my drippers and moving to RTA'S, been better but sometimes after hitting the Griffin hard at 80+ watts, I get a runny nose.

Back