Dual 18650 Unregulated Parallel mosfet box

Yusuf Cape Vaper

Elite Vaper
LV

Awards
So @eviltoy and I got together and planned to build a box mod. Being the extreme subohm junkie I am, I decided to go unregulated parallel. Evil toy was the mad scientist behind the scenes of getting everything sorted out.

Currently running a mosfet to take the ampload off the switch, and solid core copper wire to help reduce voltage drop. Swirl painted to give it that ultra cool look :D

All I can say now is she is a beast!! I haven't even experimented going super low yet because I haven't had the time. But at 0.2 she chucks clouds.

ff22e824e2270f84718ef4230ecb1b04.jpg
b7b4383c1deb2096b064c4635f28797e.jpg
d5ffb13cafb618a46509a52b3b941250.jpg
df850c30f47aecc7cb9a7cfc641e4745.jpg

So @eviltoy and I got together and planned to build a box mod. Being the extreme subohm junkie I am, I decided to go unregulated parallel. Evil toy was the mad scientist behind the scenes of getting everything sorted out.

Currently running a mosfet to take the ampload off the switch, and solid core copper wire to help reduce voltage drop. Swirl painted to give it that ultra cool look :D

All I can say now is she is a beast!! I haven't even experimented going super low yet because I haven't had the time. But at 0.2 she chucks clouds.

Sheesh.... That is absolutly stunning!

WOW WOW WOW!!!

Looks freaking awesome! Congrats!
Love that paintwork!

If I may ask, where did you guys manage to source the box? Been trying to find one locally myself.

Build and paint job looks great. Well done guys.

Sent from my LG-D802

It's a Hammond 1590B box. A bit big but awesome nonetheless. The 1590G box will be better but that you have to pre-order and it's quite pricey. Communica in Cape Town has them.

Awesome. Looks great. I've been wanting to give that swirl paint a go for a while now

was waiting patiently for @eviltoy to mail me pics today, did not expect it to look as good as this. Wow!

That looks awesome, inside and out. Excellent work @eviltoy and congrats on your sexy box Yusuf.

I'm guessing Magnets on the backdoor will be the next step?

That looks awesome, inside and out. Excellent work @eviltoy and congrats on your sexy box Yusuf.

I'm guessing Magnets on the backdoor will be the next step?
Yeah we're waiting on the magnets. Evil toys head is growing now. Let's stop praising him before it bursts

Congrats. Looks great guys
Can you explain what the mosfet is and what role it plays in the device?
Sounds impressive indeed!

The switch on the device is only rated at 3-5A max. This is common with all switches, unless you're gonna use an industrial 60A power switch which won't work the mosfets job is to take the load off the switch. So the switch doesn't crap. The mosfet can't handle everything though so it's possible for the mosfet to fry. But that's way too low for me to go anyway :) Im happy at 0.05-0.06ohms

The switch on the device is only rated at 3-5A max. This is common with all switches, unless you're gonna use an industrial 60A power switch which won't work the mosfets job is to take the load off the switch. So the switch doesn't crap. The mosfet can't handle everything though so it's possible for the mosfet to fry. But that's way too low for me to go anyway :) Im happy at 0.05-0.06ohms

Thanks @Yusuf Cape Vaper , so it is a way of switching on the circuit without having to carry the full amp load

I wonder what your voltage drop under load is?
Then again, i guess its not all that important with dual parallels because you have like 40 or 60 amps of current at your disposal
Is my thinking correct?

Thanks @Yusuf Cape Vaper , so it is a way of switching on the circuit without having to carry the full amp load

I wonder what your voltage drop under load is?
Then again, i guess its not all that important with dual parallels because you have like 40 or 60 amps of current at your disposal
Is my thinking correct?
I'm gonna check the voltage drop this weekend. And yeah I don't really bother bout the voltage drop coz I can just lower my ohms if I feel it's not enough haha.

i think i'm rather going to wire mine in series. will the mosfet still work?

Back