Dvarw RTA DL from KHW Mods in Hungary

Speaking about the Dvarw MTL. Think only @Naeemhoosen and I got that.

Coiled it with plain 28G Kanthal, 6 contact wraps around a 2.5mm ID at 1.2 Ohms. Wicked with ceramic, using the Exocet method. Vaping a peach juice at a whopping 12W. Using the 1.5mm air flow insert.

Flavour is beyond divine! This juice has never tasted so good. Your best find yet, @Rob Fisher, thank you.

1ocMPDn.jpg

Great to see and hear @Andre !
Good news indeed

Another Dvarw convert has just been to pick up his Dvarw's... here it is on a beautiful Vicious Ant mod!
VADvarw1.jpg VADvarw2.jpg VADvarw3.jpg VADvarw4.jpg

Thought I'd share this with my fellow Dvarw owners. I tend to over tighten screws so naturally all my allen key screws are stripped, while they are cheap, shipping would cost a lot so I found these at rs components. R40 for 100 screws, they're the perfect size, pitch and length and have flatheads.IMG_20180523_131600.jpghere's the link if anyone's interested. https://za.rs-online.com/mobile/p/machine-screws/9141560/IMG_20180523_175158.jpgoriginal on the right, flathead on the left.

Last edited:
Thought I'd share this with my fellow Dvarw owners. I tend to over tighten screws so naturally all my allen key screws are stripped, while they are cheap, shipping would cost a lot so I found these at rs components. R40 for 100 screws, they're the perfect size, pitch and length and have flatheads.View attachment 132781here's the link if anyone's interested. https://za.rs-online.com/mobile/p/machine-screws/9141560/View attachment 132782original on the left, flathead on the right.
Epic share @Moey_Ismail !

Thought I'd share this with my fellow Dvarw owners. I tend to over tighten screws so naturally all my allen key screws are stripped, while they are cheap, shipping would cost a lot so I found these at rs components. R40 for 100 screws, they're the perfect size, pitch and length and have flatheads.View attachment 132781here's the link if anyone's interested. https://za.rs-online.com/mobile/p/machine-screws/9141560/View attachment 132782original on the left, flathead on the right.
Thanks for the screws @Moey_Ismail:
e67Z0IY.jpg

They work wonderfully!

Just a note on your post... flat head is on the left and original is on the right :)

This is an enjoyable vape and so easy to build an wick, changed to the second smallest air flow for the DL and current home on my old snow wolf mini. Panama never tasted so good.

Hope this juice is safe with the standard tank. Didn't get any replacements.

fc6b5d2453a185dcf8487ea9a0a86239.jpg

The Dvarw Family are rocking and rolling! One standard Ni80 Alien and Red Pill, Once Stainless Steel Clapton and Red Pill, one with Ni80 Alien and Toffee d'Luxe and one being pit stopped!
DvarwRocks1.jpg DvarwRocks2.jpg DvarwRocks3.jpg DvarwRocks4.jpg

Dvarw vs Skyline.
Yesterday I received a Skyline as a partial trade for my mod. Having owned a Skyline before and just not getting along with it, I thought this is my chance to get it right, especially since my wicking and building has improved a lot since then, and perhaps dethrone my Dvarw as so many people still claim that the Dvarw is great but not Skyline great. Testing began, Dvarw being the benchmark, I didn't change anything with regards to the build or wick, just added the shorty kit that I purchased. The Dvarw had a 3x29ga/36ga alien, 3mm ID, 4 wraps, all NI80 coming in at 0.35ohm which I love vaping at 30w with the 2nd smallest airflow hole. For the Skyline I used a 3x29ga/36ga alien as well, but this was 2.5mm ID, 5 wraps, all NI80 coming in at 0.33ohm with no airdisk installed, resistance difference being minor, I thought this would be a fair comparison. Wicked with Cotton Bacon Prime which was also in the Dvarw, set my mod to 30w and away I was. I spent the entire evening, all through early parts of the morning doing this comparison, taking all the advice on coil positioning, wicking, etc. into consideration, having the coil centered over the airflow at a high (top of coil inline with the top of posts), center and low (coil rod bottoming out on deck lip) positioning. Each position option got 3 different wicks, namely Cotton Bacon Prime, Royal Wicks and plain old Muji Organic Cotton pads, each of those variation combinations were tested at 20w,25w and 30w, alternating between fruit and dessert profiles. The best result I got on the Skyline was with the coil placed high and wicked with Royal Wicks at 30w with a fruit profile.
Below is my verdict in picture form, pictures are in the correct order.IMG_20180608_174933.jpg IMG_20180608_233625.jpg IMG_20180609_013231.jpg IMG_20180609_015659.jpg IMG_20180609_015832.jpgAs the pictures could tell, the Dvarw remains king, for me at least. The Skyline is superb...just not Dvarw superb. On the quality scale they're both amazing but the edge goes to the Skyline, it's made beautifully, it's also easier to build than the Dvarw due to it's style of build deck, has top fill and an ingenious juice flow control. The Dvarw on the other hand is pretty much outdated in design, it's not the prettiest of tanks around, building it, especially with OCD issues can be a pain...but when you've got it right, it's the most rewarding vape you'll ever have, IMO from my test comparison, the Dvarw beat the Skyline for vapour quality and flavor, not by a huge margin, but enough to keep it in my no.1 spot. You can't go wrong with either, but if you prefer a more airy draw, the Skyline won't appeal to you as much as the Dvarw would. Another thing to mention is that even with the shorty kit and it's 3.5ml capacity, the Dvarws juice consumption was a lot less than the Skyline with it's 4ml tank. It could be that I've just mastered the Dvarw or that the draw of the Skyline just didn't cut it for me, either way I'd choose the Dvarw every time.

Dvarw vs Skyline.
Yesterday I received a Skyline as a partial trade for my mod. Having owned a Skyline before and just not getting along with it, I thought this is my chance to get it right, especially since my wicking and building has improved a lot since then, and perhaps dethrone my Dvarw as so many people still claim that the Dvarw is great but not Skyline great. Testing began, Dvarw being the benchmark, I didn't change anything with regards to the build or wick, just added the shorty kit that I purchased. The Dvarw had a 3x29ga/36ga alien, 3mm ID, 4 wraps, all NI80 coming in at 0.35ohm which I love vaping at 30w with the 2nd smallest airflow hole. For the Skyline I used a 3x29ga/36ga alien as well, but this was 2.5mm ID, 5 wraps, all NI80 coming in at 0.33ohm with no airdisk installed, resistance difference being minor, I thought this would be a fair comparison. Wicked with Cotton Bacon Prime which was also in the Dvarw, set my mod to 30w and away I was. I spent the entire evening, all through early parts of the morning doing this comparison, taking all the advice on coil positioning, wicking, etc. into consideration, having the coil centered over the airflow at a high (top of coil inline with the top of posts), center and low (coil rod bottoming out on deck lip) positioning. Each position option got 3 different wicks, namely Cotton Bacon Prime, Royal Wicks and plain old Muji Organic Cotton pads, each of those variation combinations were tested at 20w,25w and 30w, alternating between fruit and dessert profiles. The best result I got on the Skyline was with the coil placed high and wicked with Royal Wicks at 30w with a fruit profile.
Below is my verdict in picture form, pictures are in the correct order.View attachment 134836 View attachment 134837 View attachment 134838 View attachment 134839 View attachment 134840As the pictures could tell, the Dvarw remains king, for me at least. The Skyline is superb...just not Dvarw superb. On the quality scale they're both amazing but the edge goes to the Skyline, it's made beautifully, it's also easier to build than the Dvarw due to it's style of build deck, has top fill and an ingenious juice flow control. The Dvarw on the other hand is pretty much outdated in design, it's not the prettiest of tanks around, building it, especially with OCD issues can be a pain...but when you've got it right, it's the most rewarding vape you'll ever have, IMO from my test comparison, the Dvarw beat the Skyline for vapour quality and flavor, not by a huge margin, but enough to keep it in my no.1 spot. You can't go wrong with either, but if you prefer a more airy draw, the Skyline won't appeal to you as much as the Dvarw would. Another thing to mention is that even with the shorty kit and it's 3.5ml capacity, the Dvarws juice consumption was a lot less than the Skyline with it's 4ml tank. It could be that I've just mastered the Dvarw or that the draw of the Skyline just didn't cut it for me, either way I'd choose the Dvarw every time.
How much for your skyline :D

For anyone that's struggling with wicking the Dvarw or just wants to try a new method, here's mine.
Coil position very low, with the coil rod bottoming out in the deck lip.IMG_20180530_153023.jpgThread your cotton through only AFTER the chamber is on, cotton should be as tight as you can without moving or deforming the coil.IMG_20180530_153412.jpgCut the tails to match the chamber shape ,just to the inside of the base edge.IMG_20180530_154756.jpgFrom inside the chamber, use your tweezers to push any loose cotton bits into the wick port, press on it gently, if you can see a bit of light on the edges it's perfect.IMG_20180530_154822.jpgYou should be left with 2 lil tufts protruding from the wick ports.IMG_20180530_155402.jpgUse your tweezers to fluff it up and make it more uniform across the entire port and give it a gentle blow so the cotton makes a natural seal in the port.IMG_20180530_155722.jpgLastly, priming the cotton from the tail in helps the cotton swell up perfectly and lock in place.IMG_20180530_160039.jpgAnd then you can prime the cotton inside the chamber and the coil.IMG_20180530_160242.jpgI've found this method to be a winner all round, no leaks, no dry hits, let's you get out the last drop of juice and the flavor is phenomenal.

Heads up to all the Dvarw fanatics! Steam Tuners have designed a tank to go on the Dvarw MTL and DL (Tall version first)... @Zeki Hilmi will be able to get for us so if you want to be on the first buy drop him a PM!
DavrwST.jpg

Got the Dvarw MTL version today... have ordered the airflow kit because this is a real MTL draw and I need more... I understand the biggest airflow plug is a restricted lung that I'm after... and the bonus is the MTL version is 22mm and I can use my Bar V3 again! The Dvarw Family! :h:

DvarwMTL3.jpg

Fresh wick for today's incoming Mod from Malaysia!
Because - 07:11 On FedEx vehicle for delivery DURBAN ZA <-- Excitement mounts!
DvarwWick 001.JPG

Got the Dvarw MTL version today... have ordered the airflow kit because this is a real MTL draw and I need more... I understand the biggest airflow plug is a restricted lung that I'm after... and the bonus is the MTL version is 22mm and I can use my Bar V3 again! The Dvarw Family! :h:

View attachment 135142

Lol @Rob Fisher , thats sacriledge trying to force a true MTL tank into a restricted lung
Hehe

Whats the capacity on the Dvarw MTL if I may ask?

Back