Administrator
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
Hi all

ECIGS SA is a special place

There is something magical about it.

I have spoken to several people that have felt that this forum is much better than any other forum they have been on.

We all know that we more than likely use the world's best forum software and that rocket scientist and innovator extraordinaire @Gizmo has configured it brilliantly - and that it runs on super fast servers and that its lightning fast...

But there is something else. Something more than just the technicals

There is a strong spirit on the forum. Such friendliness and openness. Members are so welcoming and genuine. The kindness is remarkable. And there is also the healthy fun and the jokes.

But why?

Maybe its because we all have something very important in common. We all have given up smoking and we all want to continue being off analogs. And since giving up smoking is such a big event, we associate this forum with something of importance and a "feel good factor". Also, when I gave up smoking i wanted to share it with others and help them to do the same. Maybe its this topic that makes this forum different from others...

What do you think?

Last edited:
I completely agree. I've never been a fan of forums. Yet on here I feel at home. Feel comfortable interacting with Almost everyone. The spirit and willingness to help is just extraordinary.

Thanks to all for being part of this amazing group.

Great thread! I think a lot of us on here are just loving this hobby as it's very sociable fun and cool! Plus we get to bombard coffee shops and restaurants from time to time getting wierd looks at the clouds :p

It's an awesome thing to be part of. I'd like to thank everyone for being awesome!

There is a strong spirit on the forum. Such friendliness and openness. Members are so welcoming and genuine. The kindness is remarkable. And there is also the healthy fun and the jokes.

But why?
...maybe because its South African? ;)

I am following no more forums here in Germany, everything vape related is on FB. There is sometimes real escalations where people cannot talk decently to each other. Have not seen that here. But generally its also quite a nice vibe in those FB groups, if one filters the bad apples and ignores the postings that go out of control.

yep this is definitely the best forum I've ever been a member of... There is a definite level of maturity that is lacking in all other forums I've used.

I cannot argue with any of the previous post, This forum is absolutely unique in every way possible. For me the biggest thing was how quickly you are made to feel welcome. It doesn't matter if you arrive here with the twisp or with a cloud blowing machine that's responsible for the mist on the Long Tom pass.

I have never seen elitism, something that plagues most other forums that i have been a member of. for some reason every ones opinions are respected and considered and I have never seen any discussion lead to a arguments or worse.

This really has turned into my home and you guys have become my family. one day without the forum is like a day without air. I love chatting to everyone here, and love the respect shown to each other.

The admins have done a fantastic job with this forum, and the members are all seriously excellent people.

Maybe its a common interest, maybe its because we all have a common goal in life, maybe its because we are all partly silver... who knows what the reasons are. but whatever it is I am truly grateful for it.

I agree with all of this <--- see this is what happens on this forum, I don't ever really disagree with anyone :D

I think @Silver has scratched the surface of one of the most important parts that make this forum the awesome community that it is - we share a common enemy (cigarettes + tobacco, NETs not included) that we've "defeated" and this forum is like the end of a Star Wars movie - one big celebration of this victory :D

So thank you all for vaping and sharing your experiences on here :clap:
It's infectious and intoxicating and just a bloody good time :rock:

To borrow from RipTrippers: Smoking is dead, vaping is the future, and the future is ECIGSSA ;)

I agree with all of this <--- see this is what happens on this forum, I don't ever really disagree with anyone :D

I think @Silver has scratched the surface of one of the most important parts that make this forum the awesome community that it is - we share a common enemy (cigarettes + tobacco, NETs not included) that we've "defeated" and this forum is like the end of a Star Wars movie - one big celebration of this victory :D

To borrow from RipTrippers: Smoking is dead, vaping is the future, and the future is ECIGSSA ;)

Give that man a Bells... then pass the bottle :D

"Give that man some 36mg to drip, have the camera ready to record what happens" :p Also doesn't roll off the tongue that well, but I saw a clip of a lady trying to drip 24mg, and it was pretty funny.

"Give that man some 36mg to drip, have the camera ready to record what happens" :p Also doesn't roll off the tongue that well, but I saw a clip of a lady trying to drip 24mg, and it was pretty funny.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

That's what you give the people who secretly p1ss you off...so you make it seem like you're rewarding them, but actually :devil:

18mg, damn near tears my throat out like a hungry wolf... 36mg must be like french kissing a dragon.

Very well said @Silver. I cannot disagree with anything that has been posted above. Since I have moved on from devices like the Green smoke and the Twisp to what we all vape and love today. I can honestly say that vaping has become a obsession and this is the perfect forum to share that obsession with the similar minded people and to continue learning more and allowing the obsession to grow. Brilliant topic @Silver ;)

I don't know hey, but if anyone here looks back to when they were analogue smokers, and think quite hard; do you remember how you used to strike random convos with fellow smokers whilst in a smoking section of a restaurant, or whilst taking a quick smoke break outside an event/wedding? For me personally, I used to strike up convos all the time. Sometimes you forget your lighter, so you bump a light from a guy, and voila- conversation started. My one uncle for example, the only uncle I've ever smoked with, has a much stronger relationship with me than any of his other nephews. He says it's because we smoked together. We're bonded by an addiction. I think the camaraderie amongst smokers, and now vapers, is just much stronger than between people of different hobbies.

I think this it the most mature forum i ever came across. It will be interesting to know the average forum member age because i think that makes a big difference, here is not some kid running around telling everyone he has the best and biggest
The mutual respect of the members astound me. We all are different people so we have different views of things, but the small thing we dont agree on are just agreed to dis agree and the conversation move on, that i love.
ECIGSSA became my home, i dont even go to other forums any more here i feel at home.

Did someone say Star Wars:wasntme:. I am in total agreement with the general consencus here. This is a very special forum. I dont post a lot because my spelling sucks but i read the threads religiously. Ecigssa and its members is a great community to be part of:clap:

Thanks guys, some really great comments so far

i think it is great to discuss this and see what we all think. Really does surprise me how addicted many of us have become to this forum, myself included. Lol, @Arthster, a day without the forum is like a day without air. That is classic

- I like the Star Wars analogy and celebrating a "victory" together (@free3dom ). Victory is sweet indeed!
- And the point @Yusuf Cape Vaper made about smokers always keen to have a conversation. So true
- Also @kimbo 's comment about the average age, which I would think is higher than most forums
- And @Tom 's point about us being South African - i like that! We may not have power, but we have lots of 'gees'

So on this fabulous Sunday, charge your device and lets have a vape in honour of our wonderful online home and lets all celebrate today our victory against stinkies!

This is a very interesting thread and I have been trying to wrap my head around why the ECIGSSA forum is what it is... I have to say the first impression of the forum was the forum software and just how well it worked compared to all the other forums I have been involved in... there is no doubt that the forum software is the best there is and the fact that we have a highly skilled propeller head (@Gizmo) in the background working on it all the time is the cherry on the top!

Then for me the experience of my first posting being welcomed by the likes of @Andre, @Silver and others so warmly just got me going right away! The help and advice in my vaping journey skyrocketed the minute I joined the forum. Thanks to @vaalboy for introducing me to the forum! Withing a few days I felt part of the "family" and I think the excitement of being able to kick the stinky habit that had ruled my life for 35 years and the support and advice was overwhelming... I knew then that ECIGSSA was a special place.

Since then I have come to realise that the Admin and Mod team and all the members make this forum the place it is today!

I will be forever grateful to @Gizmo for having the foresight to set up the site and the fact that he funds the entire operation! He may not post much but he spends a huge amount of time on the site! Thank you @Gizmo for everything you have done and for being you! :inlove:

There are a lot of other members that need special mention but there are too many and I would hate to miss out on any of you!

I just love ECIGSSA! :h:

So on this fabulous Sunday, charge your device and lets have a vape in honour of our wonderful online home and lets all celebrate today our victory against stinkies!

Every morning I do this in honour of ECIGSSA! I sit here as I wake up and see all the interactions of the night and early morning and do the catch up bit while I put a fresh battery and wick into Avril!

ECIGSSA is special! Very special! :rock:

I think its the combination of what @Silver has stated, and all of the above.

Quiting smoking is monumental - I know I was personally haunted by it since the birth of my first daughter (this is we when I planned to quit). 6 years later, finally something gave me a genuine chance. So we feel very, very strong about vaping, and therefore banded together in a way of life really.

But I was a commited member to a great local gaming forum for years. Great people and spirit too. There, while gamers are from different walks of life and ages, it's not as diverse as here.

Because of the extreme different walks of life and ages here, I think there's a level of respect and boundaries here that creates a certain atmosphere. For example on the gaming forum - enter a PC or PS3 gamer and chirps about your gaming platform and all hell breaks loose.

Here nobody will say "your Cloupor and Trident combo sucks..." Because whatever keeps you off the cigs! Respect.

What an awesome thread @Silver.
You and everyone here have hit the nail on the head. This is more than a forum. It's a support system. It's a place to go where encouragement and advice comes with judgement. This community had become a family

Love the comments.
@r0gue z0mbie , you are so right. I too was "haunted" by the thought of stopping smoking. I knew i had to but was really dreading it. So the forum reminds me of the success of stopping, even though it was easier than I thought.

Back