Efest 18650 Battery Venting at 14Amp

Well guys and girls I use the following Efests for when I do my 200w Vapes on my snow wolf at 0.08ohms. I run a full set dead doing this for 3hours on a set this has been done every day and will be Done every day. I will report any problems but been going for a month strong

I'm still using my very first Efests that are more than a year old and are past their cycle life. Efests are very trustworthy batteries.
Just like everything else in life, cars, tv, pc, etc. there are bound to pop some duds up here and there.
I have used all my efest batteries in mech mods at very low ohm builds. I have never had a battery even get hot, let alone venting.
I trust Efest batteries and I think they are very good batteries.
Also, where are all the other instances of this happening inside a mod? It's isolated. It could just as well happen with a samsung 25R.
Maybe he just bought a pad pair. It happens. I have a pair of bad smurfs that loses up to .2 volts in the first two hours after taking it out of the charger. So now all smurfs are bad?
I'm not using them anymore for fear of venting.

This guy could also have damaged the battery to purposely make it vent or unknowingly damaged it. He wouldn't tell us if the had it on a too low ohm build, because that would make his video and rant irrelevant.

Oh, and I have yet to encounter any of my efest batteries that doesn't hold it's charge completely for even more than a day without using.

Hi @zadiac, unrelated to this thread but related to your post, my Samsung smurfs also lose a little bit moe charge than my Efests after charging them up and letting them stand. By the time I put the spares into my Sig, they can be down from 4.22 to 4.16 after a few days. My very old Efest 2500 batts drop from. 4.22 to 4.20 after the same time. But the difference is very small and the smurfs still work fine in my Sig

@Alex- that video was actually quite scary

Was funny though when he put the credits on the screen saying sorry his camera couldnt focus on the battery, even his camera was scared of it.

Just the way he did the video (never seen his other vids) it does seem he went to great lengths to try make people scared.

But, battery safety is paramount so the more knowledge and reminders we have to practice safe battery usage, the better. Irrespective of whether the Efest 2800mah are bad or not.

I wonder what that guy (the original poster in the video) would do if at some point every make of battery that is fit for vaping at some point vents while he's using it. Is he going to stop vaping? Is he going to say "don't buy this motherf***ng battery" for every single one of them? I doubt that.
At some point, every make of battery that we use for vaping has had one venting somewhere in the world. We just don't know about it.

This guy in die youtube video is not telling us the full story, sorry :rolleyes:, but that's just my opinion.

I agree. He also didnt test the samsung battery for as long.. That atty thingy attached to the mod also doesnt look safe.. I dunno I think he is doing this just for shock factor with no real proof of anything.

Back