Eleaf istick Pico problems

Franky3

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi guys and girls.

I recently bought a pico with the new 4ml melo 3 tank. It came with the 0.3ohm coil fitted. I think I puffed that coil way to hot because it didn't last long.

So I replaced it with the 0.5ohm coil also included in the package. Everything went great until Yesterday when my device start telling me there is no atomizer. in other words it doesn't pick up the coil. It is also not constant. One moment it works fine and then suddenly nothing. The ohm reading also jumps around.

Any advice?

Hi guys and girls.

I recently bought a pico with the new 4ml melo 3 tank. It came with the 0.3ohm coil fitted. I think I puffed that coil way to hot because it didn't last long.

So I replaced it with the 0.5ohm coil also included in the package. Everything went great until Yesterday when my device start telling me there is no atomizer. in other words it doesn't pick up the coil. It is also not constant. One moment it works fine and then suddenly nothing. The ohm reading also jumps around.

Any advice?

@Franky3

Regarding the burnt coil
1. When inserting a new coil, you need to prime it, i.e. place a drop or 2 of juice in the side holes of the coil (labelled Y in diagram below) and also along the sides of the top of the coil (labelled X).
2. With the airflow as closed as possible, take some deep pulls WITHOUT firing the device.
3. When you start vaping, begin at about 20W and then slowly work your way up.

4. Regarding the "no atomizer" issue,
(a). take the coil out of the base and wipe down the base of the coil (labelled Z in diagram below) and then
(b). use some tissue paper to wipe down the inside of the base (labelled A).
(c). Screw everything together tightly and then give it a go.

AiStick-Pico-Kit-20.jpg

EDIT:
Also have a look at this post regarding the 4ml Melo 3 tank.
https://www.ecigssa.co.za/help-before-i-break-something.t36915/page-2#post-528118

Last edited:
Thank you very much. I did do the Y but not X and also not step 2. Thanks for pointing that out. For some reason I feel quite stupid now. I will try wiping it down the way you explain.

Since you clearly know what your talking about. What type/resistance/make of coil would you suggest.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Thank you very much. I did do the Y but not X and also not step 2. Thanks for pointing that out. For some reason I feel quite stupid now. I will try wiping it down the way you explain.

Since you clearly know what your talking about. What type/resistance/make of coil would you suggest.

@Franky3 - You are most welcome. NB. Nobody is stupid, sometimes we just lack the knowledge or experience, so feel free to ask away.
I am very much a noob but the advice given is based on personal experience and also the advice I've received from other more knowledgeable members on this forum.
Check out the following link regarding the 4ml Melo 3 tank and other coils for it.
https://www.ecigssa.co.za/help-before-i-break-something.t36915/page-2#post-528118

Last edited:
Just an update. Looks like I did not screw in the coil tight enough. I opened it up and cleaned it and works perfect now. Thanks guys.

Glad to hear that everything is working for you.
Enjoy.

@KZOR - Thanks m8.
Just giving back to the forum after all the advice I've received here.

Back