Enjoy the vaping journey

Time for a bump on this thread - especially for the benefit of the newer vapers.

Found a lovely quote today that reminded me of this thread:

It's a quote from an American author, Ursula Le Guin
"It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end."

Sounds like the quote Steven Covey had in mind when he says "Start with the end in mind"
Profound stuff when you know what you are heading towards. Doesn't really matter what hiccups you encounter towards that end.

Thanks @Christos
Very true

In vaping, I think we are all trying to find that perfect vape - where device, coil setup and juice combine perfectly to give us the most pleasure. But when we get something good, we wonder "what if..." or when we see another later and greater device being marketed, we think "hmmm... that's probably it"

The point I am trying to make in the OP is that its the journey that counts.
Sure, if we can have some perfect stops along the way that's great to have something to love and fall back on while we continue the "hunt" - but the journey itself is what makes it special, not the endpoint itself - which I doubt exists....

Thanks @Christos
Very true

In vaping, I think we are all trying to find that perfect vape - where device, coil setup and juice combine perfectly to give us the most pleasure. But when we get something good, we wonder "what if..." or when we see another later and greater device being marketed, we think "hmmm... that's probably it"

Sure, if we can have some perfect stops along the way that's great to have something to love and fall back on while we continue the "hunt" - but the journey itself is what makes it special, not the endpoint itself - which I doubt exists....
As a side note, if it were attainable it wouldn't be worthwhile. Life goals sadly if too shallow are attained and there's nothing left. If it's far greater than ourselves then perhaps it's legacy is worthwhile e.g. Nelson Mandela's vision of a rainbow nation.
With respect to vaping , and I dont mind the negativity this may invoke but a reo or any decent squonker is my end.
Flavour'a'plenty and ease of use coupled with longevity makes for little desire to venture out into the deep waters of vaping.

Reviving this thread for the benefit of the newer vapers

Just a reminder that vaping is one incredible (never-ending) journey
And you need to enjoy it - every step of the way!

Best part about this forum is that you can enjoy the journey with others...

family hiking 640wide.jpg

Thanks @Christos
Very true

well said @Silver... my thoughts exactly... i have e some noob questions.. where would be the best place on this forum to ask?

well said @Silver... my thoughts exactly... i have e some noob questions.. where would be the best place on this forum to ask?

See you found the "Ask Vape Veteran" section @AlexL ;-)

Bumping this thread for the benefit of some of the newer members.

Wishing you all an excellent vaping journey for 2017!

journey-road.jpg

Bumping this thread for the benefit of the newer members

Wishing you all a great vaping journey!

Also found this lovely and appropriate quote from American tennis player, Arthur Ashe

image.jpeg

@Silver , amazing thread. I think the detours are the most interesting :), (sub ohm, rta, rda, squonk, mech, bb) and the people that you meet is the part that makes the journey what it is, absolutely worthwhile and absolutely amazing! :ole:

To all, enjoy, it is not cheaper than smoking, but you would have spent the money anyhow without having anything to show for it. I can show some great hardware, new knowledge, and better health, and hopefully great friendships going forward, and my journey has just begun!

Here's to trying everything until you find the sweet spot, a tank in the morning, a drip after lunch and a BB before bed! May the road be without potholes, and the journey slow so that we can appreciate the scenery. And the clouds of flavour, may they follow us forever!

Footnote : Please ensure that there is enough menthol for @Silver , and enough space in uncle @Rob Fisher lounge to keep the journey interesting.

@Silver , amazing thread. I think the detours are the most interesting :), (sub ohm, rta, rda, squonk, mech, bb) and the people that you meet is the part that makes the journey what it is, absolutely worthwhile and absolutely amazing! :ole:

To all, enjoy, it is not cheaper than smoking, but you would have spent the money anyhow without having anything to show for it. I can show some great hardware, new knowledge, and better health, and hopefully great friendships going forward, and my journey has just begun!

Here's to trying everything until you find the sweet spot, a tank in the morning, a drip after lunch and a BB before bed! May the road be without potholes, and the journey slow so that we can appreciate the scenery. And the clouds of flavour, may they follow us forever!

Footnote : Please ensure that there is enough menthol for @Silver , and enough space in uncle @Rob Fisher lounge to keep the journey interesting.

Very well put @Room Fogger

The part about vaping that is so satisfying is that every day or week there is something different. Either a different positioning of a coil - or even just trying out a new wick. Not to mention all the devices. And then the juices. I get so excited before trying out a new juice from a great juice maker. That moment just before taking the first toot after preparing everything carefully....

And for those that enjoy forums - this forum is like an enchanted vaping theme park. Lots of exciting little bits and nuggets around every corner - lots to see and experience, lots of fantastic people - and plenty exciting rides.

I agree with you that experiencing the different types of vaping devices and styles is what makes it special. Finding what works for you but remaining open minded and trying new things is what its all about.

And all the above while enjoying the benefits of not smoking. What a win!

Last edited:
What great posts here!

I just want to say a GIANT thank you to this community, for being so welcoming and willing to help/offer sound advice. And thank you to the vape veterans who choose to share their knowledge on this forum, my journey has literally only just begun but I am learning from many of you bit by bit, and I feel honoured to be a part of the community here. :h:

I certainly dove straight in with all my purchases, but it’s time to just enjoy my new vape gear now! I already feel better since quitting the stinkies, and giving myself the opportunity to live a healthier way is the best thing I can do.

I also want to wish all the other new comers a very happy vaping journey! And to those who have been on this journey for quite some time already, may 2018 bring you wonderful new vaping experiences, new things to learn and most of all, enjoy the ride! ;-)

From a forum and vape noob, @Silver, great post.

I definitely hit the jackpot when I found vaping. My wife hates smoking with a passion, so I was already fighting a losing battle trying to sneak smokes in.

She's ok with vaping, so that a great compromise.

The best part is all the different equipment and flavours, and diy possibilities. I love diy, whether its building cars, furniture, or eliquid.

The forum is also awesomesauce, and I love catching up on the goings on, and spotting the bargains in the classifieds section.

Thx everyone!

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Congrats @Carnival and @veecee
Thanks for contributing here in this thread and on the forum by sharing your experiences

Doctors have often said that quitting smoking is possibly the best single thing a smoker can do for his/her longer term health.

If this forum can help you to do that and keep you motivated then that is brilliant

Vape on

Back