Etv News On E-cigarettes

WTF!!! The report was just dumb, no adequate research done and a completely uninformed professional stating opinion as fact.

The doctor was an oncologist, and although took may years to attain that degree she is not qualified enough to identify the harms that any product can cause unless she is looking at it from the perspective of it containing cancer causing agents.

To truly understand the effects of vaping a physician would need to oversee the entire research endevour and perform multiple double blind studies to justify accurately any findings.

Also legislation if I am not mistaken with respect to nicotine is whatever the maximum nicotine level is in the strongest cigarette one can purchase over the counter at any shop.

I agree that yes perhaps ejuice should come with a warning label re nicotine and that it should conform to the requirements of any food substance in that it needs to adequately list the contents in the liquid as well as any known allergies as a result of the liquid contents but that is as far as legislation should go.

If something as lethal as cigarettes can be sold over the counter then so should vape gear. Even if vaping is as lethal as cigarettes then it should be treated with the same respect and not treated as something that is taboo and that someone with a medical condition should purchase.

Just my 2c

Agree @BhavZ , being involved with development of medical devices, a medical trial as they call it to test, verify and validate claims (pertaining to pharmaceutical products as well) take at least 3 years - she did it in a couple of seconds?

Agree @BhavZ , being involved with development of medical devices, a medical trial as they call it to test, verify and validate claims (pertaining to pharmaceutical products as well) take at least 3 years - she did it in a couple of seconds?

Exactly, completely unprofessional. If you ask me she just wanted some screen time.

They should have consulted with Dr. Farsalinos!
But if you knew how little preparation some of these stories had, you wouldnt believe much you see on TV

Waiting for an in-depth vaping review on Carte Blanche. Should come one of these days....
Hopefully they will do more research and give a more balanced picture

They should have consulted with Dr. Farsalinos!
But if you knew how little preparation some of these stories had, you wouldnt believe much you see on TV

Waiting for an in-depth vaping review on Carte Blanche. Should come one of these days....
Hopefully they will do more research and give a more balanced picture

The media want's the BAD!, good news are not as exited as bad news, don't expect what we want to hear.

As they say in the media game, never let the facts stand in the way of a good story

omg... that is just plain stupid. Big tobacco and big Pharma also concerned in SA about losing too much money? They are the ones behind this imho. And the pension funds maybe....having to pay out more pension for the extended life spans.

SA government = easy for them to convince. just give the right corrupt politician enough cash, or a mansion, or a BMW. Or all of it.

Guys can anyone add any information or links to the legislation and penalties that apply to the sale of e cigs? Also if anyone could provide any light into the enforcing of these laws or any cases of this?

Im bust with two assigments for university and I need some sort of backing for my arguements so any help on this would be heavily appreciated..

On a side note, how are the online suppliers preparing for this type of situationif you guys dont mind answering?

Thanx @devdev, I will check it out more in depth!

It's for research methodology for completing my Industrial engineering Btech, Im trying to create a research propsal to further research how electronic ciggarettes can be marketed more effectively to smokers which in turn will increase the beneficial use of EC as a smoking cessation device.

I found a good article from last year that still feels relevant to why these laws have still not been very well inforced; which i will use as part of my arguement:

http://mg.co.za/article/2013-09-06-00-e-cigarettes-cancer-risk-close-to-zero

I also have an Business plan that I need to complete for Entrepreneurship, in this I am trying to go for a type of coffee shop/Vape lounge/Small stock and customer support store setup. So I need to check that there will not be any major problems that will make the business fail (Just note Mods, this is not for market research for a real business which might have this deleted; but only for educational purposes).

but as in that article above, the short term clinical research, growing number of users who have succesfully quit and the plainly stated bottom line fact that they are a fraction of the health risk that cigarettes pose, which in turn will drastically reducethe cancer related deaths anyway you look at it; that it can be predicted that a movement will rather be made to rather regulate the products that are sold rather than the selling of the products. Im not sure if im on the right path but I believe it has to do with a current drive to have it regulated as a smoking cessation device rather than a nicotine delivery device as it is now classified.

I could agrue also that this would actually improve the safety of the products as it would force suppliers to improve thier products further to reduce the potentail risk of use; which is the end result of the current regulations and can be seen as the more likely scenario.

I think that this kind of arguement will suffice for my purpose?

Any additonal input on the matter will be greatly appreciated

Back