EVIC VTC Mini Firmware Upgrade

Thanks I will give that a try. Just realised left my toolkit at home so will have a look at lunch.

Mine also takes a while to start jumping out off TC. I think it has something to do with the constant heating and cooling of the coils.
But I could be wrong, I just know it works for me.
Also using a Billow by the way.
Meh so far that trick hasnt worked for me, my screws are in tight without being to tight. And its now waiting to cool off again before trying the TC - I just find it weird that it doest that with not heavy useage, where as my brother uses his a lot more than me some times and the TC stays locked in, no issues. I will be trying this out with the goblin mini soon to see if its a tank thing or coil thing or my mod

Hope you come right, maybe someone with more experience on the VTC can give you advice

Yea so do I since I love the TC - I can control it a lot better and I find I use less juice with it.

Anyone running a Crown on their eVic Mini? Interested to get some feedback on TC SS mode on the stock 0.25 and 0.5 ohm coils?

Anyone running a Crown on their eVic Mini? Interested to get some feedback on TC SS mode on the stock 0.25 and 0.5 ohm coils?

Running stock 0.25 SS coils in my Crown atm, Temp Control works like a charm with the update in place.

Awesome, care to share your settings and coil break in process?

Normal prep when you install a fresh coil - put juice on the cotton rim at the top, let it soak a bit, repeat 4 times. Not a lot of juice mind you, do NOT flood the coil!!!! you will see the juice moving down the cotton, when it reached the channel holes on the sides, you are good to go.

Fill tank (CLOSE THE AIR VENTS!!!) and install on mod.

Lock the Resistance in.

I run a warmish vape in this tank so I prefer 500f and above. 45w minimum otherwise the ramp time is a little painful.

That's it, Temp Control on stock SS coils :)

Note - I haven't yet used the 0.5 coils, but should be same, maybe a little less watts needed.

Same one I watched a while back.

You don't quite need as much exaggerated time for juice to get onto the wick between puffs. Mine runs great with 10second intervals, no waving hands either :p

As Joytech describes the new upgrade ..
"..with various coils like NiFe, SS304, SS316 etc., and is comprehensive, cool, and convenient to use. "

Cool indeed .. :)

I am a temperature control noob

With this latest update (settable TCR) does this not then put the VTC Mini in the same sort of ballpark (functionality wise) as the legendary SX Mini?

V3 installed... now if someone can figure out how to get to the TCR values to set them that would be great!

I am a temperature control noob

With this latest update (settable TCR) does this not then put the VTC Mini in the same sort of ballpark (functionality wise) as the legendary SX Mini?
Yes, it does - and far less expensive.

Really love this mod and it just keeps getting better and better.

Thanks for the update. The new user interface is great. Just gets better and better. Now just to figure out how this TCR mode works.

Mobile Device

Yeah... got that... changed a few values.. but what does that actually mean for your vaping experience?
It means that you can vape on other wires available for TC and not just those preset on the device. Paging @Andre for a better explanation as I think he has more experience with what the advantages of setting your own TCR are.

It means that you can vape on other wires available for TC and not just those preset on the device. Paging @Andre for a better explanation as I think he has more experience with what the advantages of setting your own TCR are.
Yes, it is, as I sort of understand it, a "straight line" TCR value, whilst on the DNA200 (via eScribe) you can refine it to a curve. Works quite well for me on the SX Mini - have used the manual TCR for SS304 and Nifethal48.

On the Evic Mini you have to multiply the actual value by 10 as per their instructions here. Thus, on the Evic Mini, for SS304 you have to input 0105. Below are the TCR values.

G0zX6g7.jpg

Back