Experience: iSub V Tank

l0cal_User

Freelance Vapor
LV

Awards
Hi, not sure if this is the right place to put this... but hopefully a mod will move it to the right place if this isnt meant to be here.

I figured it might be helpful to post about my "experience with" as opposed to a full on review about the odds and ends I encounter on my journey through the fluffy world of vaping.

To start with, my first tank!

My first tank being the innokin iSub V, I started vaping about a month and a half ago, which oddly enough equates to the entire lifespan of this particular tank - that being said, my experience is from that of a noob vaper as opposed to a more experienced individual.

Overall Experience: Negative
Would I recommend it: No, not unless I really don't like the person.
Biggest Win: Looks great on paper.
Biggest Flaw: Far to delicate.

Pro's:
  • It really does look good;
  • Had no spills or leaks;
  • Super easy to replace coils without too much mess (if you can find them);
  • Produces more flavor than other ones I have tried;
  • Adjustable airflow is nice;
  • It can be completely stripped down, except for the chimney (spring loaded - so didn't try too hard);
  • Good variety of coils when they can be found, 0.2ohm kanthol is fantastic.
Con's:
  • The glass around the tank is incredibly thin and lacks any structural support;
  • Opening and closing the top to fill it up requires pressure and bone dry hands or at least some TP as a buffer;
  • Coils are vertical - making it quite hard to re-wick - which, as a South African user, you will end up doing because coils are incredibly hard to come by;
  • The black version starts peeling in no time, I didn't pocket it or store it in anyway that would have caused friction... and the coating still started to chip off;
  • Airflow (although adjustable) doesn't really allow for heavy throughput;
  • Absolutely no locally available replacement glass is compatible with it (even other iSub models - although a 10ml plastic bottle comes close).
Conclusion: I was impressed when I first read up about it, stoked when I got it, annoyed when it started decaying, pissed when it cracked (opening to put juice in) and defeated when it crumbled (doing the same) despite epoxy and insulation tape to try extend its life (it did by a week though).

Back