Fake Vape Equipment

Another shoddy dodgy shoppy just opened in the Mall near me selling hookahs and mods and juices. This is just around the corner from a Evolution vape kiosk. Cannot comment on their pricing or validity but will go past there sometime to see if it’s the real deal, which at this stage I’m pretty unsure about. Too many of these places don’t have the faintest idea of what it is their selling.

If it turns out to be fake I will bring it to the attention of mall management, don’t know if they will respond but if not I suppose one less customer won’t bother them. Pity they don’t take note of the bush telegraph and the impact it can have on business ala Walmart and Marketing 101.

Another shoddy dodgy shoppy just opened in the Mall near me selling hookahs and mods and juices. This is just around the corner from a Evolution vape kiosk. Cannot comment on their pricing or validity but will go past there sometime to see if it’s the real deal, which at this stage I’m pretty unsure about. Too many of these places don’t have the faintest idea of what it is their selling.

If it turns out to be fake I will bring it to the attention of mall management, don’t know if they will respond but if not I suppose one less customer won’t bother them. Pity they don’t take note of the bush telegraph and the impact it can have on business ala Walmart and Marketing 101.
The only thing i sometimes buy from places like these are cotton bacon when im in the area

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

The only thing i sometimes buy from places like these are cotton bacon when im in the area

I once bought fake cotton bacon for the same price as the orginal , thinking it was orginal due to the price and good packageing . The cotton wicked easy and smoothly , but oh man the taste was horrible and I went on a trip to dry hit city . My wicks only lasted 3 days . Soon after I bought a packet cotton bacon from my vape shop and compared the two packages , thier were only minor small differences but definitely a difference in quality of product

I once bought fake cotton bacon for the same price as the orginal , thinking it was orginal due to the price and good packageing . The cotton wicked easy and smoothly , but oh man the taste was horrible and I went on a trip to dry hit city . My wicks only lasted 3 days . Soon after I bought a packet cotton bacon from my vape shop and compared the two packages , thier were only minor small differences but definitely a difference in quality of product
I dont think i ever had a problem with the cotton bacon
What i can be sure of is Nasty cotton.I bought at a vape shop about 2 months back only tested once and the packed is collecting dust now

Just my thoughts on the fake, commercial and DIY juices.

Fake Juice
The raids going on in Gauteng for fake goods seems to have brought these so-called fake juices to the attention of the relevant authorities. I have heard that these juices were purchased and tested in a lab. They found that an extremely high percentage of these "flea-market juices" contained traces of brake fluid. Brake fluid being a silicon based lubricant really doesn't belong in an e-liquid. You really don't want these kind of products on the market, it's not going to do the vaping industry any good. E-liquids use food grade PG and VG, not an industrial grade. I advise everyone to avoid these products.

Commercial and DIY.
Commercial juices are made an a positive pressure lab to reduce the possibility of contamination of the product. This does not guarantee that contamination won't take place, but the company manufacturing the e-liquid has at least made a good effort to prevent this which makes us vapers feel a little better. A DIY'er on the other hand will mix at home and has a greater chance for contamination in this environment, but as a DIY'er, you will at least be conscious of what you are doing and problematic contamination is unlikely as you are mixing one juice at a time in low quantities.

But what if a juice did get contaminated? Well, I think most juices do get contaminated at some point. Even if you buy a commercial lab made juice, is it not possible for the juice to become contaminated as soon as you have cracked that cap? Then also take into account your atty and the tools you use to re-wick, did you sterilise them before you started and are you using rubber gloves to thread your cotton? Oh yes, the cotton.....What if that has something in it that does not belong? The list of possible contamination's is probably pretty long and some form of contamination probably occurs more often then we like to think. But fear not, because we have a friend in our juice and his name is Propylene Glycol and this liquid has pretty good anti-bacterial and anti-fungal characteristics. I have never heard about a juice that went mouldy or fermented as such (Excluding juice exposed to UV light for extended periods or just bad DIY recipes:D). We also need to consider what happens to the juice when it gets to the coil.....That's right, it gets cooked and the chances of bacteria surviving that are pretty slim. I think you have more chance of picking something up from a kiddies creche than vaping a juice bought from a store or made at home, as long as it is made up of the correct ingredients.

Just my 5c!

Just my thoughts on the fake, commercial and DIY juices.

Fake Juice
The raids going on in Gauteng for fake goods seems to have brought these so-called fake juices to the attention of the relevant authorities. I have heard that these juices were purchased and tested in a lab. They found that an extremely high percentage of these "flea-market juices" contained traces of brake fluid. Brake fluid being a silicon based lubricant really doesn't belong in an e-liquid. You really don't want these kind of products on the market, it's not going to do the vaping industry any good. E-liquids use food grade PG and VG, not an industrial grade. I advise everyone to avoid these products.

Commercial and DIY.
Commercial juices are made an a positive pressure lab to reduce the possibility of contamination of the product. This does not guarantee that contamination won't take place, but the company manufacturing the e-liquid has at least made a good effort to prevent this which makes us vapers feel a little better. A DIY'er on the other hand will mix at home and has a greater chance for contamination in this environment, but as a DIY'er, you will at least be conscious of what you are doing and problematic contamination is unlikely as you are mixing one juice at a time in low quantities.

But what if a juice did get contaminated? Well, I think most juices do get contaminated at some point. Even if you buy a commercial lab made juice, is it not possible for the juice to become contaminated as soon as you have cracked that cap? Then also take into account your atty and the tools you use to re-wick, did you sterilise them before you started and are you using rubber gloves to thread your cotton? Oh yes, the cotton.....What if that has something in it that does not belong? The list of possible contamination's is probably pretty long and some form of contamination probably occurs more often then we like to think. But fear not, because we have a friend in our juice and his name is Propylene Glycol and this liquid has pretty good anti-bacterial and anti-fungal characteristics. I have never heard about a juice that went mouldy or fermented as such (Excluding juice exposed to UV light for extended periods or just bad DIY recipes:D). We also need to consider what happens to the juice when it gets to the coil.....That's right, it gets cooked and the chances of bacteria surviving that are pretty slim. I think you have more chance of picking something up from a kiddies creche than vaping a juice bought from a store or made at home, as long as it is made up of the correct ingredients.

Just my 5c!
WOW brake fluid
Thanks for this and its VERY sad to see that people will do anything to make a quick buck regardless the health and safety of the customers
I know of some people that buy juice from the flea markets going to warn them now

Ooooh this sound like the news papers spreading fake news of vapers lung deaths. May we please have a link to proven lab test stating flea market juices contain brake fluid?

I found something but its not based(well not saying it)on flea marketshttps://books.google.co.za/books?id=jwhgDwAAQBAJ&pg=PA172&lpg=PA172&dq=brake+fluid+found+in+e+liquid&source=bl&ots=QPlpuhXcQm&sig=ACfU3U2dNl2a8rfFBsCyyINyy4qVooruiA&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiCs5nUosHkAhXjURUIHQL4Bds4FBDoATAAegQICRAB#v=onepage&q=brake%20fluid%20found%20in%20e%20liquid&f=false

They referred to Ethylene Glycol which is known anti freeze which is used in brake fluid and obviously anti freeze
22c2635f6b7514b4ec907a07cf9522ff.jpg

Back