New Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi all

Im currently waiting on a mech and want to make sure of my calculations,

I have a dual coil tank thats reading 0.16 ohms
I will be using a 21700 battery, 40t, rated at 35 amps, voltage at 3.7v

3,7 / 0.16 = 23.125 amps.

This tells me I'm safe? (quite a way below the 35 amp rating)

Or have I got it all wrong?

As long as you trust where you sourced your battery and the given amp rating is accurate your good to go (apart from mentioning the obvious that your wraps need to be in good condition)!

Which coils would bring my ohms up a bit?

I currently have shadow aliens which give me the 0.16.

Edit: found some white collar hex aliens which claim a 0.39 ohm dual build

Last edited:

What wattage do you usually vape at? being a single coil low wattage MTL vaper others who vape dual coil or better still dual coil mech users would be able to help more, @ARYANTO I think is a dual coil vaper and would probably know other forum vapers vaping habits better than me! Many vapers do vape 0.16ohm dual builds or even lower, just not my cup of tea!

0.39 should be about 35/36 watts on a fresh battery. Nice little aliens those.

When I meched I always preferred using single coils but that obviously all boils down to preference. I found duals needs to be quite low ohms to pull power to fire nicely but again all subjective and personal.

85w or thereabouts, would blow my head off but we all like to vape different ways!
I laughed hard at this because I used to vape at 100w all day every day and now if I hit 20w I impress myself with my toughness.

I laughed hard at this because I used to vape at 100w all day every day and now if I hit 20w I impress myself with my toughness.
When I used to review stuff I had to vape at all sorts of wattages but after a couple of years primarily vaping MTL (even when I do venture into RDL territory 30w is my limit), no idea how I was able to test half the stuff, no way I could do it now!

When I used to review stuff I had to vape at all sorts of wattages but after a couple of years primarily vaping MTL (even when I do venture into RDL territory 30w is my limit), no idea how I was able to test half the stuff, no way I could do it now!
agreed, I just cant do it anymore but sometimes wish i could so i could play with the dual coil tanks and rda's and have more gear :facepalm:

That site helps alot, thank you. I ended up getting 28ga ss wire and aimed for .3 but ended up with .33 ohm. Will see how it goes. That wire is thin and not so easy to work with, with fat fingers.

That site helps alot, thank you. I ended up getting 28ga ss wire and aimed for .3 but ended up with .33 ohm. Will see how it goes. That wire is thin and not so easy to work with, with fat fingers.
I have more joy with 26G Stainless Steel wire for both single and dual DL attys, and keep the 28G aside for single coil MTL Attys ;)

I have more joy with 26G Stainless Steel wire for both single and dual DL attys, and keep the 28G aside for single coil MTL Attys ;)
I prefer 24G for MTL, RDL and DL 2.5MM 5-6 Wraps

You will find this site very helpful for your calcs
Brilliant site, so many of those calculators but the steam engine covers everything, since switching to TC the Live Wizard section has come into it's own for me!

I don't do TC, so I use a wide range of awg for different tanks and RDA's. Ni80 and comp wires are my go to's

Hi all

Im currently waiting on a mech and want to make sure of my calculations,

I have a dual coil tank thats reading 0.16 ohms
I will be using a 21700 battery, 40t, rated at 35 amps, voltage at 3.7v

3,7 / 0.16 = 23.125 amps.

This tells me I'm safe? (quite a way below the 35 amp rating)

Or have I got it all wrong?
what tank are you gong to be using?

what tank are you gong to be using?
I had/have an asgard mini for it. Would a single coil rda be better for a mech?

I need to get some 26ga wire to see if I can wrap those a bit better...

I had/have an asgard mini for it. Would a single coil rda be better for a mech?

I need to get some 26ga wire to see if I can wrap those a bit better...
I personally always used single coils on my mechs. I just found it easier to build for them.

You can definitely do single coil in the asgard mini but for me it shines more in dual coil mode and I run daily with. 13 -. 15ohm coils but mostly my asgards are .135 -. 14ohms and use it on a parallel drip tech ds mech squonk and on my 21700 mech squonk and had no issues... Hope this helps

Last edited:
Back in the day, I used a stepped coiling tool to wrap my own coils. Started with plain round wire and then found a few places that sold decent clapton on the spool. Best learning curve ever. I found that different wires performed way different to expected. A 2 core .25 clapton had a different ramp up to a 4 core for example even though the ohms were the same. I found out which of my RDA's and RTA's liked single wire. It was in fact an inexpensive way of getting to what I wanted than burning through a lot of pre built expensive coils to find what I wanted.

Maybe consider giving it a try. I still use a twisted coil that I make with a pair of mole grips and a pen.

Perhaps consider that route.

That blue dead rabbit would look good on top of a blue squeezer. Feel like im falling down another rabbit hole :facepalm:

Back