[FIXED] Istick tc100 temp control not working

Zakariya Baker

KΛZE
LV

Awards
Hi. So after trying maybe 5 different builds with my ss316L, and over a few months, I still can't get my istick tc100 to fire with out getting a "temp protection" warning show up on the lcd. I'm using a gemini right now, with a dual coil set up of 8 wraps each, around 2.5mm, coming to a resistance of 0.2-0.25. I vape it while firing, so it's not that I'm not air cooling it when vaping. I've tried setting my wattage from 30w to 90w, no change. Sometimes, and I mean less than half the time, if I fire it at 600F, it will vape and hit maybe 400F after 2 seconds. Is my SS mode maybe not set to a correct coefficient? Should I make a manual TC setting? Could it be that my coils are not spaced enough? (I've got them spaced maybe to double, so twice the size of a contact coil)? Slow wicking?

I'm going to try setting up a manual TC mode that works on the correct coefficient of ss316L (think it was somewhere from 88-92). Any help is welcomed, really prefer tc mode when I'm flavour chasing.

Zak

Hi. So after trying maybe 5 different builds with my ss316L, and over a few months, I still can't get my istick tc100 to fire with out getting a "temp protection" warning show up on the lcd. I'm using a gemini right now, with a dual coil set up of 8 wraps each, around 2.5mm, coming to a resistance of 0.2-0.25. I vape it while firing, so it's not that I'm not air cooling it when vaping. I've tried setting my wattage from 30w to 90w, no change. Sometimes, and I mean less than half the time, if I fire it at 600F, it will vape and hit maybe 400F after 2 seconds. Is my SS mode maybe not set to a correct coefficient? Should I make a manual TC setting? Could it be that my coils are not spaced enough? (I've got them spaced maybe to double, so twice the size of a contact coil)? Slow wicking?

I'm going to try setting up a manual TC mode that works on the correct coefficient of ss316L (think it was somewhere from 88-92). Any help is welcomed, really prefer tc mode when I'm flavour chasing.

Zak
24 guage SS316L

Zak
It's perfectly normal for the mod to display 'temp protection', means it's working at keeping the temp at or near your set temp. As far as TCR goes, I've found on my Smok Alien that 0.00088 for SS provides a nice smooth curve. It also displays 'temp protection' as did my previous Eleaf iStick60W. Hope that helps some :)

If you havent updated the firmware, give that a try, http://www.eleafworld.com/istick-tc100w-firmware-upgradable/ right at the bottom of the page V1.1.
If it is already the latest, give it a reflash in case the software got corrupted.
Check out the wick to make sure it has that satin wetted( just right) look and not white whiskers(not enough).
Usually only an empty coil with no cotton gives the temp protect msg, so if yours persists, the TC function might be broken.
Out of interest what temp are you using?

If you havent updated the firmware, give that a try, http://www.eleafworld.com/istick-tc100w-firmware-upgradable/ right at the bottom of the page V1.1.
If it is already the latest, give it a reflash in case the software got corrupted.
Check out the wick to make sure it has that satin wetted( just right) look and not white whiskers(not enough).
Usually only an empty coil with no cotton gives the temp protect msg, so if yours persists, the TC function might be broken.
Out of interest what temp are you using?

I usually gun for around 450 to see if it's willing to start up. when it doesn't, i mess around and try every where from 100C to 315C. sometimes it works on 315c. Almost as if the mod is suggesting the coils are too hot to go any lower than max (not the case, i can physically touch the coils, thats how cool they are).

I usually gun for around 450 to see if it's willing to start up. when it doesn't, i mess around and try every where from 100C to 315C. sometimes it works on 315c. Almost as if the mod is suggesting the coils are too hot to go any lower than max (not the case, i can physically touch the coils, thats how cool they are).
I get a hot vape at 265, so 315 should be smokin hot as you've rightly surmised.
That sounds like a problem that usually has the word "bummer" somewhere in a sentence. :(

I get a hot vape at 265, so 315 should be smokin hot as you've rightly surmised.
That sounds like a problem that usually has the word "bummer" somewhere in a sentence. :(
I've updated from 1.1 to 1.13 with the new displays. it's working now, but it just shows 20C for 3 seconds until it auto switches back to power mode

I've updated from 1.1 to 1.13 with the new displays. it's working now, but it just shows 20C for 3 seconds until it auto switches back to power mode
Bummer <-----
Sorry that one slipped out.:giggle:
Have you tried different atomisers?
Usually auto switch to VW mode is a result of the mod thinking its kanthal due to high resistance caused by juice crud buildup in the 510 connection, either the atty or the mod itself.

Bummer <-----
Sorry that one slipped out.:giggle:
Have you tried different atomisers?
Usually auto switch to VW mode is a result of the mod thinking its kanthal due to high resistance caused by juice crud buildup in the 510 connection, either the atty or the mod itself.
YOU ARE AMAZING THANK YOU SO MUCH

Took out my 510 pin in my atty, coated in juice!. Cleaned it up and the port, viola. don't want to speak to soon but it seems to be working perfectly!
Thank you thank you and thank you again!:zpong:

YOU ARE AMAZING THANK YOU SO MUCH

Took out my 510 pin in my atty, coated in juice!. Cleaned it up and the port, viola. don't want to speak to soon but it seems to be working perfectly!
Thank you thank you and thank you again!:zpong:
Sweet, thats gonna make a great start to the week. :)
Most welcome, glad to have been of assistance.

Back