Flavour Art - Concentrate Reviews

KIWI
  • Decided to review this because I had quite a bit of it this past weekend. Ive made Kiwi Strawberry before, Kiwi Lime, but my wife (who enjoys plain fruits), asked for just Kiwi.
  • Did a bit of homework and settled on 3% for a 70VG juice. Spot on!. Could probably go 60VG without the flavour overwhelming.
  • FA Kiwi is another homerun from the company who does fruit so well. This Kiwi is realistic tasting, as in like biting into an actual peeled Kiwi fruit. Its ripe tasting as there is no sourness that you would get from an unripe one.
  • It tastes like the outer flesh of the fruit, not the seeds which can be bitter.
  • Again, very accurate and delicate portrayal of the actual fruit, but what amazes me, unlike any other Kiwi concentrate I've had, it is not overly sweet - which I have found other manufacturers' Kiwis to be. And thus it does not lean towards tasting like candy Kiwi.
  • Despite not being a massive Kiwi fan, I quite like this one.
Rating 4.5/5

Last edited:
FA Apricot (Armenia)

This is the first FA flavor that has really disappointed me. Apricot in general is a very light profile but this is so light I can almost not see how you would be able to use it. I has a very slight sweetness with that distinctive earthy stone fruit tones. I can taste mostly peachy notes. I can taste the apricot but it is so feint its hardly noticeable.

Don't get me wrong the flavor is great, it's just too light to be useful.

I started the testing at 1% and ended up at 5% but then you get a chemical aftertaste. Its not doing much on the steep either

Suggested single flavor use rate: 3% - 4%
I think ill revisit this one in a short while to re-evaluate.

Last edited:
FA Guava
This concentrate captures an authentic Guava and I get quite a ripe guava flavor. It is not very sweet which is great when you don't want the sweetness in a mix. It has a very fragrant overtone filled with wonderful tropical notes. I pick up a light earthiness and a light bitterness. In terms of texture this concentrate is rather flat - it is not smooth nor does it convey any of the gritty guava texture. All in all it lacks the weight and body you would expect from a guava but it does almost leave your mouth laced with a mat finish. It is quite a weak concentrate for an FA flavor. I get a peppery vibe from it on the tail, I have not noticed its presence when mixed with other flavors.

Suggested Use Rate: 2% - 4%
Throat Hit: light to mild

Last edited:
FA Banana
I find this flavor somewhere in the middle of an artificial (Banana runts) and a true banana flavor. I think it has more to do with the texture, or lack of texture rather, that the flavor. If I were to pin this to an authentic banana flavor then I would say a greenish banana with a light tropical tang and slightly buttery in terms of texture. The sweetness, in contrast, almost doesn't fit for me; it is too sweet given it resembles an unripe profile. You expect ait to only be moderately sweet. So the sweetness is disconnected from the profile in my view. It is a tasty profile and regardless of how I interpret the sweetness.

Single Flavor Use Rate:
2% - 3%
Throat: Mild

Last edited:
Definitely following this thread. Always good to hear other people's opinions. :)

FA 7 Leaves

- 2.5% flavouring,
- 60/40 VG/PG, 12mg, steeped for nearly 7 weeks since 25 Dec 17)

This is my first entry of tasting notes in the concentrate reviews section. I mixed up this flavour at 2.5% as one of my recipes in my first adventure into DIY. Since it's a single flavour recipe, I am going to jot down my notes here in the FA Concentrate Review thread.

Once mixed, the juice didn't have much smell.

I mixed this at 12mg (60VG) with the intention of mouth to lung on the RM2. Vaped it in the RM2 with a 0.6 ohm simple single 28g SS coil.

First toot and ooh I quite like this. You know, that feeling when it just agrees with your palate.

It's a very lightly flavoured taste. It may be a bit on the bland side but there is something about it that draws me in and makes me want more. I do pick up a tobacco taste but its very plain and mild. Hard to describe the taste but to me it's very pleasant. There is something sweetish in the background. Just a tinge.

What I like a lot is that it has a full mouthfeel. Although the flavour is mild, it has a fullness to it which I like. And a coarse type of texture that goes well with it. It does leave my mouth a bit dry after a few toots and makes me thirsty. But I like it.

Throat hit was decent at 12mg.

I get a slight tobaccoey tingle in my mouth for the aftertaste. Pleasant.

This is my first experience with a single tobacco concentrate so I have nothing to compare it to. FA 7 Leaves may be a bit bland on its own but to me it would be a great base for a tobacco blend.

I also tried it on the Hadaly with a single 26g NI80 coil:
  • It's juicier than the RM2, more dense
  • Interestingly it is a bit sweeter. Am getting a bit more of that feint sweetness. Some kind of florally taste but not an artificial one, it's nice. Perhaps a slight spicyness too.
  • I liked it in lung hit mode but slightly prefer it as mouth to lung

Menthol adventure
I'm supposed to be making notes on FA 7 Leaves, but my curiosity got the better of me. I tried adding just one drop of VM Menthol directly into the RM2 and Hadaly. A bit strong at first but after a few toots when the menthol was at the "right level", it was GLORIOUS. Definitely a candidate for menthol addition ;-)

Last edited:
FA 7 Leaves

- 2.5% flavouring,
- 60/40 VG/PG, 12mg, steeped for nearly 7 weeks since 25 Dec 17)

This is my first entry of tasting notes in the concentrate reviews section. I mixed up this flavour at 2.5% as one of my recipes in my first adventure into DIY. Since it's a single flavour recipe, I am going to jot down my notes here in the FA Concentrate Review thread.

Once mixed, the juice didn't have much smell.

I mixed this at 12mg (60VG) with the intention of mouth to lung on the RM2. Vaped it in the RM2 with a 0.6 ohm simple single 28g SS coil.

First toot and ooh I quite like this. You know, that feeling when it just agrees with your palate.

It's a very lightly flavoured taste. It may be a bit on the bland side but there is something about it that draws me in and makes me want more. I do pick up a tobacco taste but its very plain and mild. Hard to describe the taste but to me it's very pleasant. There is something sweetish in the background. Just a tinge.

What I like a lot is that it has a full mouthfeel. Although the flavour is mild, it has a fullness to it which I like. And a coarse type of texture that goes well with it. It does leave my mouth a bit dry after a few toots and makes me thirsty. But I like it.

Throat hit was decent at 12mg.

I get a slight tobaccoey tingle in my mouth for the aftertaste. Pleasant.

This is my first experience with a single tobacco concentrate so I have nothing to compare it to. FA 7 Leaves may be a bit bland on its own but to me it would be a great base for a tobacco blend.

I also tried it on the Hadaly with a single 26g NI80 coil:
  • It's juicier than the RM2, more dense
  • Interestingly it is a bit sweeter. Am getting a bit more of that feint sweetness. Some kind of florally taste but not an artificial one, it's nice. Perhaps a slight spicyness too.
  • I liked it in lung hit mode but slightly prefer it as mouth to lung

Menthol adventure
I'm supposed to be making notes on FA 7 Leaves, but my curiosity got the better of me. I tried adding just one drop of VM Menthol directly into the RM2 and Hadaly. A bit strong at first but after a few toots when the menthol was at the "right level", it was GLORIOUS. Definitely a candidate for menthol addition ;-)
Hi ho @Silver , have you played some more with the 7 leaves concentrate? I picked up a bottle and mixed a 30ml tester which is steeping at the moment, at 2,5%. I tried it and its already lovely. Keen to hear about any other tests you might have done with it.

Hi ho @Silver , have you played some more with the 7 leaves concentrate? I picked up a bottle and mixed a 30ml tester which is steeping at the moment, at 2,5%. I tried it and its already lovely. Keen to hear about any other tests you might have done with it.

No @Humbolt - unfortunately I have not vaped it further or done any further tests on it :(

FA Glory

- 2.0% flavouring,
- 50/50 VG/PG, 12mg, steeped for about 7 months (since 25 Dec 17)

I mixed up this flavour at 2.0% as one of my recipes in my first adventure into DIY. Since it's a single flavour recipe, I am going to jot down my notes here in the FA Concentrate Review thread.

Once mixed, the juice has a bit of a "dirty tobacco" smell

Its quite a rich bold flavour. I get a nutty and earthy vibe to it. Perhaps even slightly "chocolatey" in the smell of the vapour. The tobacco itself is there. Its not strong or overpowering, about half tobacco half nutty. There is a slightly dirty tobacco taste, but in a nice way (and not as much as the smell of the juice would suggest).

Slightly sweetish, probably the nutty taste tilting it that way. Its a warmish and wettish vape, not dry and grassy.

Throat hit is decent at 12mg.

It's tasty and nice. Not amazing as a single flavour but good. It has nice body and flavour. No doubt will be good in a more complex tobacco recipe.

The aftertaste is more tobaccoey, leaves a slight tingle on the tongue, but that could also be the nic doing that.

This is my 2nd experience with a single tobacco concentrate - the first was FA 7 Leaves. Glory is much bolder and has a nutty taste versus the much milder and lighter 7 Leaves.

I tried it on the Hadaly with a single 26g NI80 coil - at about 25-30 Watts.

**Menthol adventure**
My curiosity always leads me to adding menthol ;-)
With a bit of menthol, it does improve it a bit for me. Lifts it up and makes it bright. But i think the menthol clashes with the nutty taste and the nutty disappears. The nutty becomes more noticeable in the aftertaste. Perhaps this is a good concentrate for dessert type juices, which dont do well with menthol generally.

Last edited:
Back