FREEMAX MaXpod Review by Resistance

Resistance

Vaping Royalty
LV

Awards
My review of the Freemax Maxpod.

Firstly a big thanks to the Freemax Team who sponsored the Maxpod for this review. @freemax_Jerry, Linda, Tina and Paul.

Upon opening the box, I was greeted with a bright yellow pod system. A smile on my face gave confirmation I’m happy with the colour and how the Maxpod kit looked at first appearance.

This obviously didn’t assure me that it would perform. Freemax has impressed me before with the Gemm 25 and this one would have to either equal it or better it.

I quickly and carefully took it out of the box and was struck with another smile. The weight and feel was very comfortable and a little heavier than expected. That’s due to it being made of some type of metallic material, a steel and zinc alloy that has a stainless-steel look and a colourful covering.

The yellow one I received had a metallic type finish and a mirrored prism type design that could also be the X mirrored on the device. Or maybe even a diamond. Check the X in MaXpod on the pic below.
upload_2020-7-12_15-47-11.png

Now due to lockdown, I delayed this review a little, but could not wait any longer so I grabbed the last bit of juice filled the pod and started vaping. 24 mg Nicsalts with the pre-installed 1ohm coil.

I was happy I did because the flavour off this pod was exceptional. There was a few pod systems that grabbed my attention, but this was the better. Comparing to the Gemm25 would be unreasonable due to both delivering awesome flavour and the devices differ. Although I am all for replaceable coils so that is a plus 1. For a pod system this thing rocks!

These coils does well with lessor amount of Nic liquid and even freebase and various viscosities (juice thickness). The 1.5 and 1 ohm coils with a combination of cotton -FreeMax trade secret and world renowned cotton that delivers flavour to the max (flax and cotton mix). Either coil worked well with either juice Freebase or Salts ,but Vapers tend to go for the higher resistance coil for higher Nic juices and the higher coil resistance is also recommended for 12 -24mg while the 1-ohm is designed for 3-12mg.

This pod does well lower strength Nic liquid and even freebase Nic liquids. Tested from 24 to 3mg in Nic salts and freebase.

I have used it every day and some days it’s the only thing I use. As a heavy vaper this lasted me the day with a few exceptions with lower strength juices the battery went flat due to use (vaping more) before I could reach home from work, but that would be the latter part of the day, returning from work and that was OK. Having two would be ideal if you’re a pod only vaper. As a backup device, this would be an ideal pod to keep handy. As a Mod and Pod user for me, it’s a must have.

The Pod (2ml) is clear smoked type and refillable and has a blue rubber bung that sit snug. It also has never leaked and is secured by 2 small magnets that securely keeps it in place. When inserted into the device the light flashes once and when removed the light flashes thrice. There’s also a cut off at 8 seconds.

a White light means the charge is at 65-100%

a blue light at 30-65%

and a red light at 30% and less till it runs empty

it run at constant voltage so whatever coil you use will give you the same result till the battery is flat.

It has a nice draw, very smooth MTL but can also do a restricted DL with good results. If I wanted a tighter draw I would just either keep one of the two air holes closed or would just slip the lanyard rubber that attaches the pod to the strap over one air hole. Hence the usefulness of the lanyard.
upload_2020-7-12_15-47-37.png

The pod is made of PCTG (Poly Cyclohexylenedimethylene Terephthalate Glycol-modified) a high impact, transparent and chemical resistant food safe plastic and it also has a minimum fill amount. I have I vaped the pod dry a few times and the coil still gives awesome flavour.

Would I recommend it? Absolutely, I would recommend having two.
upload_2020-7-12_15-47-58.png

The specs are as follows:

*ZINC ALLOY and PCTC

*101- X 22- X 14mm

*its draw activated and charges via m/USB

*it has a 550mah ( a bit small, but maybe due to the metal frame this is what could fit)

*It has a constant voltage output 3.3v and 8-11 W output due to coil resistance used and a dry weight of 56.3g

All on info is on the box.

And a useful lanyard. I never used one before now. I’m sold on lanyards.
upload_2020-7-12_15-48-27.png

On the side of the box is the email, web address and Facebook page

upload_2020-7-12_15-48-48.png

And what I received for testing with extra coils in two separate boxes. Very generous of them and much appreciated.

What’s in the box. The manual, warranty and warning cards. The cable, pod and pod device. One coil installed 1ohm and one sealed 1.5ohm.

upload_2020-7-12_15-49-5.png
The link to the FreeMax Vape. Check it out it’s amazing how it looks and how it’s all put together in 3D

https://www.freemaxvape.com/maxpod-kit/

Thanks for reading @Resistance.
upload_2020-7-12_15-49-32.pngupload_2020-7-12_15-49-48.pngupload_2020-7-12_15-50-3.png

Truly enjoying this pod system. Well done on your research and innovative systems @FreeMax

Thanks! It’s a really attractive little device, not too tiny which I find a bit irritating with other pod gear. Love the colour!

Thanks! It’s a really attractive little device, not too tiny which I find a bit irritating with other pod gear. Love the colour!
This is a truly nice pod system to use . The flavour is outstanding it's small, has a nice draw for MTL and does restricted DL well in one small package. Battery charges in about 30mins the only con is that it's not useable as a pass through. Yet not a con in my books.

Last edited:
Back