Fun with Kayfun

The Kayfun was also my first RTA... And like you I also did all the research, played with coils, wicking, filling techniques and spent countless hours on YouTube. All wasted time in my opinion!

Sent from my brick using Tapatalk

Maybe comes down to luck of the draw. Obviously the QC on the clones aren't what you get on the original devices. I promised myself that i would never even look at a top feeding clero no mater who makes it. but then there are plenty of people out there that swears by them.

I do share your pain though. there is nothing worse then spending your hard earned credits on a dust collector.

Glad you got sorted @Arthster - and well done @BumbleBee - we shall now call you Dr Kayfun ;-)

I too had a leaky Kayfun clone and spent many hours toiling and reading up on it. I keep it to remind me. I also have several other clone devices.

I do agree that clones have their place. But when it comes to something a bit more technical and challenging to clone - like a Kayfun, I really think the vendors should test these clones for a few days before selling lots of them. Make sure they work properly or at least offer a few tips on how to get it working properly if its something small that needs to be adjusted

I hope the vendors are listening.

I must say I've been lucky where this is concerned my kayfun and Russian clones even my aqua clone performed very well for me. I even had trouble letting my 3.1 es clone go but it went to good home

I filled the Kayfun this morning before going to bed (I have no idea what time that was, think it was arround 2am). This morning I pick up the IPV, switched it on and prepared myself for the worst. I close my eyes lift the drip tip closer to my mouth, at this point i started to shake just a little. I put my finger on the touch pad and the suspense is building I shake so much the drip tip nearly chipped a tooth. I start to inhale slowly at first then faster and deeper and... NOTHING not even a plop. This thing is awesome now.

I filled the Kayfun this morning before going to bed (I have no idea what time that was, think it was arround 2am). This morning I pick up the IPV, switched it on and prepared myself for the worst. I close my eyes lift the drip tip closer to my mouth, at this point i started to shake just a little. I put my finger on the touch pad and the suspense is building I shake so much the drip tip nearly chipped a tooth. I start to inhale slowly at first then faster and deeper and... NOTHING not even a plop. This thing is awesome now.
So glad you got it sorted :)

The Kayfun is my daily driver, I love it a lot. I think I was just lucky and got a good clone, bought it back in May this year I think before all the really cheap clones started flooding the market (pun intended ;) ), this one set me back R650

10884552_10205430837071880_529578228_n.jpg

@Arthster did you manage so get that Kayfun working bro?

Thanks Oliver. Working like a champ. Same issue myne had. Been vaping on it all day no issues

Awesome bro! Glad u making use of it! What was the issue?

Sent from my brick using Tapatalk

Looks like it was the same thing as mine, I added the o-ring to the top part of the chimney

Well the plan is to order the Reo at the end of Feb. I just want to make sure I can order it locally. I preffer to support the local vendors. I have never bought from non sa vendors and I want to keep it that way as long as possible

Well the plan is to order the Reo at the end of Feb. I just want to make sure I can order it locally. I preffer to support the local vendors. I have never bought from non sa vendors and I want to keep it that way as long as possible

That's a good plan. But you have to order two. One Reo is simply not enough.

That's a good plan. But you have to order two. One Reo is simply not enough.

And that's how it all starts :D

I, of couse, agree with you completely. It seems from all I've read that if you do go down that rabbit hole...you'll want to stay down the rabbit hole, so you need backup(s) :rock:

Right so I found my fundamental mistake with filling the Kayfun.

I blocked the wrong hole and at the wrong time(Sounds like a jail cell joke)

After I spent some more time with the kayfun's I am glad to report back

1. block for air hole with a finger (Sounding dodgy and slightly dangerous)
2. fill the tank from the top.
3. place the top cap on and give it about 3 turns.
4. turn the tank upside down and wait for a few seconds to make sure all the juice is down below.
5. unblock the air hole and tighten the top cap.
6. flip it over and enjoy.

I have now run through about 2 tanks on both the Kayfun's using this method, and so far I have not had as much as a drop of juice in the catch tanks.

4. turn the tank upside down and wait for a few seconds to make sure all the juice is down below.

I have now run through about 2 tanks on both the Kayfun's using this method, and so far I have not had as much as a drop of juice in the catch tanks.

Another pro-tip that worked for me was to hold it on it's side with the airhole pointing up (after filling and tightening the topcap), and then just take a few nice drags on it (not firing your mod) - this builds up the vacuum inside the tank. Not always needed, but I do it anyways - never any leaks for me :D

Lol, when I read your second line I couldn't help thinking that you also didn't read the blue book "wat elke seun moet weet" :D

After I typed out that post. I read through it and figured I need to add the () bits else I know a thread where this would have been taken way out of context. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

So tried my first dual coil build on the kayfun @free3dom thanks for the tips bud. It was relatively easy to get it going.

Its a 1 ohm build using 28G kanthal. worked out to about 13 raps on 2mm ID

20150101_143721[1].jpg 20150101_143755[1].jpg
Not much vapor but loads of flavor.

So tried my first dual coil build on the kayfun @free3dom thanks for the tips bud. It was relatively easy to get it going.

Its a 1 ohm build using 28G kanthal. worked out to about 13 raps on 2mm ID

Not much vapor but loads of flavor.

Nice job - very well done bud, looks really great :rock:

I just found this out yesterday, open up the airflow on the kafun and it improves the vapor production a decent amount, while keeping that intense flavour - fire at 30-30W :D

Thanks @free3dom. I took out the airflow screw on both. I like my lung hits and with the airlfow screw in, i was starting to suck a dent into the back of my head. :-D

Back