Geek Vape Mech Pro - Hot Button (SOLVED)

Modyrts

Hi Hungry, I'm Dad
ECIGSSA Donor
LV

Awards
Hi guys and gals of the forums

So anyone who has ever used one of these mods will know that this issue is a massive one

After taking one or two pulls the copper button heats up to the point where you actually have to stop using it for about a minute. And although this may be good for my health it wont be for the person i throw this mod at when i lose my patience.

So anyway... does anyone know of a good fix for this issue that doesnt entail me having to buy a new resin button.

Also ive tried the toothpick method and it doesnt work

PS: i have two of these mods and the one the button doesnt heat up but on the other it does and it is the exact same.

If your contacts does not make proper contact when acitvated it will heat up.
Check for arcing and clean with very fine sand paper.It should also smooth out the contacts to prevent arcing.
Also try to get a little dielectric grease or similar to avoid future arcing

Last edited:
If your contacts does not make proper contact when acitvated it will heat up.
Check for arcing and clean with very fine sand paper.It should also smooth out the contacts to prevent arcing.
Also try to get a little dielectric grease or similar to avoid future arcing

I actually had the same idea and came here to post the status.

So what i did was i slipped out the flat plate contact and wiped it off with a bit of brasso. I couldnt get the button out so i slipped a piece of 200 grit sandpaper between the plate and the button and turned the button against the sandpaper sanding it down slightly

Havnt really seen any arching yet as upposed to before where it arched permanently

It also seemed to stop the button from heating up. This was such a weird yet simple fix.

Didnt even think about cleaning the contacts for this until now.

@Modyrts that fix should last a long time pending the surfaces are flat or even. Its when its uneven or has high spots it doesnt make proper contact and that's when the arching starts.

@Modyrts that fix should last a long time pending the surfaces are flat or even. Its when its uneven or has high spots it doesnt make proper contact and that's when the arching starts.

Its aa massive design flaw because the button has a curved ending so unless you sand it down its gonna have poor contact

A contact has to look like this but they dont make things like they used too. The nipple is a harder alloy so it doesnt burn away when it arcs making it last extremely long

Attachments

• tmp-cam-371115438.jpg
    tmp-cam-371115438.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 23
Well the good thing is you know how to fix it next time it happens.

Back