GeekVape Athena

CloudHouse

Noob Vaper
LV

Awards
Screen Shot 2018-06-06 at 07.59.20.png

So I've been trying out the GeekVape Athena Squonk kit for the past couple days now, overall thought: Not bad for the price!

Pros:
- Lightweight
- Switch lock feature
- well-priced
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Decent Vape Hits

Cons:
- The one squonk bottle is too hard, the other way too soft.
- I find the button to be not as responsive as one would hope.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

They are brilliant little devices. I use a Wasp with a Smiley coil (.24 Ohm Fused alien) on them (I have 4). As for the fire button, you need to clean the contacts with some electric contact cleaner every now and then. You will get used to to the soft bottle quite soon - it takes a bit of practice.

They are brilliant little devices. I use a Wasp with a Smiley coil (.24 Ohm Fused alien) on them (I have 4). As for the fire button, you need to clean the contacts with some electric contact cleaner every now and then. You will get used to to the soft bottle quite soon - it takes a bit of practice.

The problem with the contact button was from the get-go, so I doubt cleaning would help. They are really great devices, but with a bit more attention to detail it could have been even better.

Thanks for the input!:)

@CloudHouse Is the actual button sticking or stiff? I regularly put the whole thing in the ultrasonic cleaner, give it a shake dry, wait a bit and dry it with a hair drier. None of mine have a button issue - they are all as smooth as silk.

This might help you with your switch. Helped me when I had an Athena in blue . From our local South African Chris Botha! Check it out.

This might help you with your switch. Helped me when I had an Athena in blue . From our local South African Chris Botha! Check it out.

It's a video on switch maintenance as well as a switch upgrade. Fast forward a bit if you're not interested in the boring maintenance side of things!

Seems I may be the one of the few with the firing button issue. Ended up soldering an extra bit for a better connection, works great now and gives almighty hits! Great product, minor improvements needed! That being said, you get what you pay for and the current price is not bad at all!

Back