Geekvape Zeus X RTA advice needed

When I said threw it away, I mean in the vape bin. It's a bin that I throw vape stuff in that I'll never use again. They eventually will go to PIF. I don't sell stuff, as sending it via courier is too much of a schlep for me, unless the buyer sends the courier to me at a very specific time to pick it up.
I have to drive more than 50km to the nearest courier and I don't send via post office, no matter what.
But, at the end of the day, if something is my property that I paid for, throwing it away as in trash, is still my choice and my right. Maybe it's not cool according to you, but if I don't like vape gear and want to throw it away in the trash, then I do, and don't feel anything about it.

That's quite unfortunate, it is a really nice RTA if wicked correctly.

I you get the time, would you watch the video I posted and let me know if it made and difference.

There was an issue with the first batch that came out, where the inner cage was not popped into place properly, there is also a easy fix for this.

I can send you a video for that too. It would literally take you 5 Min to fix.

Let me know

This is the flooding fix guys, please follow the steps and it should work.

Let me know if this helps

I recently bought 2 RTA's, a Zeus X RTA, and a Blitzen. I love the Blitzen, but am I am very disappointed in the Zeus X. After watching YouTube videos, reading numerous threads I cannot stop the spitting and flooding. My tongue tip is raw after one tank of juice... and then I just return to the Blitzen for enjoyable vaping. Maybe I need to retire the Zeus X for now!

Had exactly the same issues with Zeus X way back when I bought it.

Tried the suggested fix,but problem sporadically returned. Just when you think you’ve nailed it.....spitback.

Switched to Dead Rabbit rta,slightly more restrictive,but what a pleasure to run.
Can try different things in it without worry. No finnessing required.

I still run the Zeus from time to time.....for my sins.

I recently bought 2 RTA's, a Zeus X RTA, and a Blitzen. I love the Blitzen, but am I am very disappointed in the Zeus X. After watching YouTube videos, reading numerous threads I cannot stop the spitting and flooding. My tongue tip is raw after one tank of juice... and then I just return to the Blitzen for enjoyable vaping. Maybe I need to retire the Zeus X for now!

I haven't built on mine recently and going to sell it soon cause I've switched over to a smaller pod (the Jester). That being said, I really enjoyed using the Zeus X.
The only thing I can think of is not using enough cotton in your build. There is a vid on youtube about wicking in general (will have to try find it again) and how more is the way to go with wicking, almost as tight as you can get it without messing up the coil. This should help with spitback (I found it to really help).
Then the wicks only just go slightly into the e-liquid ports and you want to fill them up completely with cotton to stop the flooding. Again more is better than less here imo.

If you have done this already, or none of this works… I’m out of ideas. Good luck!

I haven't built on mine recently and going to sell it soon cause I've switched over to a smaller pod (the Jester). That being said, I really enjoyed using the Zeus X.
The only thing I can think of is not using enough cotton in your build. There is a vid on youtube about wicking in general (will have to try find it again) and how more is the way to go with wicking, almost as tight as you can get it without messing up the coil. This should help with spitback (I found it to really help).
Then the wicks only just go slightly into the e-liquid ports and you want to fill them up completely with cotton to stop the flooding. Again more is better than less here imo.

If you have done this already, or none of this works… I’m out of ideas. Good luck!
Thank you for this...I'm going to try "more" cotton.

@Birkie had this issue sometime back.....check if that chimney thing where the engraving is on is seated correctly against the airflow portion. Try pressing them against each other and you should hear a "click".
There is a video out there about using a hammer to reseat it but I just pressed them together and the flooding issue was resolved and hasnt returned since.

@Birkie had this issue sometime back.....check if that chimney thing where the engraving is on is seated correctly against the airflow portion. Try pressing them against each other and you should hear a "click".
There is a video out there about using a hammer to reseat it but I just pressed them together and the flooding issue was resolved and hasnt returned since.
Thanks Samdawolf. The chimney is loose, and doesn't "click in". I've seen the video on tapping the parts to improve the seating, but will check again. At least I have the Blitzen operating beautifully!

That Blitzen is so underrated. Every one raved about the Zeus.

Maybe because you are comparing the god of the Greeks versus Santa's reindeer :headbang:

Been using mine now for a week. Had the flooding and used the sir vape fix. Been running like a champ. So how often do you guys rewick?

Been using mine now for a week. Had the flooding and used the sir vape fix. Been running like a champ. So how often do you guys rewick?
I swap between tanks but if I was vaping the Zeus exclusively probably +/- every 4 days. It's a great tank!

Back