Getting ideas

hands

Some profound text goes here
LV

Awards
mmmm so i have these. i got to try this:D and its almost weekend. if this doesn't work you have seen nothingIMG_1637.JPG

this will be a feeler to see how it works, then if it does i can step it up to some exotic wood and fancy stuffs :)

hacking away, who wants to wait for the weekend :)
IMG_1638.JPG

and they fit
IMG_1640.JPG

drill press and some modded drill bits worked out nicely

Starting to take shape nicely ;)

still not sure if the button needs to go on top or on the side
View attachment 34938

I vote side, right above the juice bottle. Then again, I don't know these type of bottom feed setups at all and I might be overlooking a holding technique in which you can access both the button and give the bottle a squeeze every now and then without changing your grip.

But great job so far! :)

its got to have a lock to be pocket friendly

Very nice.How are you planning to hold the battery so it doesn't make permanent contact at the + end?
It does make permanent contact, but you'll see that the neg line is split in the middle where the switch will be connected :)

working on something like the the black insert of the reo

still learning as i go along. next time there will be many changes but i got to see this one trough to find all the problems

gotto go find out and see how they work. i sadly do not own one
I don't have one but I don't think you can make that work given how you get the neg side up to the 510.
I assume the copper strip for the neg is not split ?
Do you want any suggestions for a switch assembly?

nothing is fixed or nailed down yeto_O so it all can change. i welcome your input
Hi Jacques.
If the copper leaf coming up from the neg is one piece heres an idea for a magnetic switch.
Take a piece of Acetal rod (or other insulating material) maybe 16mm diameter and drill and machine it to accept a 'plunger' which has a flange on the bottom to stop the switch popping out the top,I'm sure you'll get the idea from my crap sketches!
Machine a slot in the bottom of the acetal rod in which the firing leaf will lay,the bottom of the acetal is what makes permanent contact with the + end of the battery and pushes it down onto the neg spring.
You could try it without the magnets but its then reliant on the springiness of the firing leaf to hold itself away from the top of the battery.
I know it works because I've made it.
IMG_0994.jpg IMG_0995.jpg

very nice idea. i can see that there are gonna be a lot more of these popping out of the workshop cause its a lot of fun. i am gonna order me a bunch of stuff for some more of these.

just need to make a door and my test will be done.
i must say that your chest gets bigger if you vape on something that you made :)
IMG_1646.JPG IMG_1645.JPG IMG_1644.JPG

Back