Getting my first vape, assistance please.

Hi @Keanan23.... go for the alien mod with big baby beast. it has everything you're looking for right now... and plenty headroom for everything you will want in future. Pocket friendly, powerful, affordable and versatile makes its hard to compare.

Hi @Amir, I didn't want to get the alien because I'd be going well above my budget if you factor in the extra batteries and things but told the SO yesterday that Im wanting the alien over the al85 more and more just because of the new colours. But I am still two minded, unfortunately price will determine what I get. Also does the alien kit not come with the baby beast only?

Hi @Amir, I didn't want to get the alien because I'd be going well above my budget if you factor in the extra batteries and things but told the SO yesterday that Im wanting the alien over the al85 more and more just because of the new colours. But I am still two minded, unfortunately price will determine what I get. Also does the alien kit not come with the baby beast only?

its gonna throw you off budget for sure by around 500 or so... buy the mod only and buy a big baby beast tank separately. reason being is the baby beast capacity is just too little to consider using as an all day device.
also, the 500 over budget sounds like a train smash for now, but in retrospect, it will keep you from having to spend another minimum 1000 for a dual battery mod in future because, needless to say, if you're buying just 1 mod, and just 1 tank for now, its gotta do its job reliably, faithfully, loyally and properly. After sales support, parts and coils for the smok range are easy to come by.
220W of power capability doesnt mean you will be vaping at 220W ever... all it means is that, if you compare to al85 of 85w and you vape at 70W... your alien is not even breaking a sweat to keep up but your al85 will be sweating like a fat man in the middle of July.

that being said, the choice, feel and usability is all you... my perspective, after 6-7 years of vaping... wishing i knew then what i know now... aim for the alien for the headroom and space for growth that it has to offer... you might find another tank you like a few days down the line... an rda perhaps to tinker with... wanna enjoy a dual clapton build maybe? trust me... you will eventually fall into the rabbit hole... the shape and size of the alien, for a mod with 220w capability, is pretty damn hard to beat for the price of just under 1k for mod only... just about anything will sit on it with no overhang, and if theres a mm more on the tank than the mod allows, throw on a silicone sleeve and lo an behold... no overhang.

Just my humble, yet forceful opinion on the matter... it will save you money and heartache in the long run.

You can skip extra batteries for now. Even though it's better to charge your batteries externally, the Alien is one of the few mods that does a good job of balanced charging. Just rotate the batteries every charge or two.

I understand that completely and have been pondering about it and I really like the new 7 colour variant(thats if it will be the same price when it lands). The alien is R1000 at Vape Cartel (cheapest for the kit and according to their IG its a new batch with better quality paint) but see that foggas has the mod for R750 and the big baby is R500+ but I still need to factor in batteries etc. The price of the al85 is just so compelling tbh.

You make a good point wrt wattage and al85 vs alien. I also doubt I will vape at 70w but you never know.
I think I can manage the extra for the alien kit with the baby beast to start with and as you said might find myself wanting more and can always take it from there. It will take a while before I tinker and start building my own coils, I'd rather pay someone to do it for me hahah.

You can skip extra batteries for now. Even though it's better to charge your batteries externally, the Alien is one of the few mods that does a good job of balanced charging. Just rotate the batteries every charge or two.

For now I will do just that and will get extra batteries and a charger at a later stage.

There is nothing wrong with the Baby Beast. There are many people that use it as an all day vape device. It's a bit smaller than the Big Baby Beast but does a few extra fills in a day make so much difference? R1000 for complete Alien kit, go for it, you won't be sorry. You can always get a Big Baby Beast later.

I started with a pick, bought the alien less than a month later and never looked back. The pick is great and works as a quick vape on the run, but the alien never leaves my side. Rather spend a little more on the bigger mod than start small and want to upgrade in a month

Have you considered a second hand device....have a scan through the classifieds. You will be able to get quite a decent setup for your budget.

Ok so I have finally made up my mind and getting the alien for now and will see how it goes. Only question is what colour haha.
Hopefully the stores I'll be visiting tomorrow will have a variety.
Can someone advise what batteries I should get? Samsung or LG? 3000mAh right?

Ok so I have finally made up my mind and getting the alien for now and will see how it goes. Only question is what colour haha.
Hopefully the stores I'll be visiting tomorrow will have a variety.
Can someone advise what batteries I should get? Samsung or LG? 3000mAh right?

Hi @Keanan23
I think both the Samsung 30Q (pink) and LG HG2 (brown) are good batteries. Am using both types in my regulated mods and they both are working well for me. I think either will be as good. Provided they are authentic, of course.

Oh and I saw a while back you asked for vape shops in Claremont. Another one is Vape Empire run by a guy called Azhar. @Vape Empire on this forum. Super guy and he has a great shop. Its in Main Road, i think its 227 Main road - very near Cavendish centre. Its in the same block as where Honda Claremont is. They have been going for a few months and building it up. But its a great place and you can have an awesome Burger and milkshake there too.

Hi @Keanan23
I think both the Samsung 30Q (pink) and LG HG2 (brown) are good batteries. Am using both types in my regulated mods and they both are working well for me. I think either will be as good. Provided they are authentic, of course.

Oh and I saw a while back you asked for vape shops in Claremont. Another one is Vape Empire run by a guy called Azhar. @Vape Empire on this forum. Super guy and he has a great shop. Its in Main Road, i think its 227 Main road - very near Cavendish centre. Its in the same block as where Honda Claremont is. They have been going for a few months and building it up. But its a great place and you can have an awesome Burger and milkshake there too.

Hi @Silver, I see they are the same price so it will depend on whats in stock then.

Yes that's right, I actual added them to my list when I saw your post. Will be sure to try out the burger and milkshake.

Back