Giggles

My school teachers were all ex military from WW2. If we were told to bend over, well we ran like hell. We had heard lots of stories of what happened in the military, especially the Navy.

Lots of our teachers had nicknames like, old Gimpy, Tom No thumb, one eye jack, pork scratchings, deaf bastard and a few more.

I'm sorry ... that's funny only because I relate fully ... We had far to many sadistic @#$%-holes at Maritzburg College, resulting in a small business establishment by Standard 8, where I'd cut up old car tubes and make "flap pads", which minimised said "glute carnage". A car tubes curvature matched our backsides rather well, and with enough smallish holes made with a leather belt hole punch, it wouldn't sound untoward, and would shield / dissipate probably 90%? of the force :pesas:

missed the opportunity to call them "butt-flaps" :rofl::rofl:

Our principal was friends with my mom, so whenever I ended up getting a few "flaps" by him, he would phone my mom and tell her about it. Which just meant that when she got home I had to stand for round number two, on top of his lines... and at over 6 feet tall he gave us a pretty good "flapping"... my mother just rounded the day off with "The Flappening"...

Sounds a bit like my mother ... Never mind getting any feedback from my school ... If any of my siblings misbehaved I'd get a klap alongside the earhole as the saying goes, under the pretext that I should have set a better example :giggle: fun times ... and given the opportunity to relive my life, I wouldn't change a thing :inlove:

Challenge-accepted.jpg

(I rate the whole lot of them back in ye day had sadistic streaks)

When I was in matric it was during the time when corporal punishment was getting phased out.

Our vice-principal was an evil SOB. He would phone my dad and literally fake-cried to my dad about my behaviour. So my dad would instruct him to flap me and I got round 2 at home again.

Nah, my mum used vaseline

However I still carry this mercurochome into the bush with me. Flies and stuff don't like the smell and stay away from the severed bits.

You learned quickly not to show your Mom small cuts and grazes.
I think, if I remember correctly, Mercurochrome was the decent one and Methiolate (rhymes with 'violate' which it also felt like) was the hectic one. So if I had a cut or such I could always determine the mood my mom was in based on which one she used :-D

I think, if I remember correctly, Mercurochrome was the decent one and Merthiolate (rhymes with 'violate' which it also felt like) was the hectic one. So if I had a cut or such I could always determine the mood my mom was in based on which one she used :-D

Isn't Merthiolate what they used to inject into our blisters in the SADF? ... It was like taking a blowtorch to your feet :eek:

Back