Has anyone tried recoiling Aspire BVC 1.8ohm Coils?

Sorry to hear about your tank troubles @Guunie :)
But happy you got it sorted :D

We missed you at the meet, hope to see you at the next one ;)

@Phoenix no stress...it did such big time but managed to pop in at eighties and pick up a new one. They had replacement coils but I told myself that I was going to recoil this baby if it's the last thing I do and the more dead coil hits I get the more motivated I become to get it right so going to steal the girlfriends tonight and carry on tomorrow.

Was hoping to pop into the vape meet at cesco's with my recoiled bvcs... But ya, can't wait for my plume veil to arrive!
Epic @Guunie FYI, the Plume Veil is AWESOME. Huge clouds and excellent air flow.

Sorry for being short and no pics...been rebuilding a clients exchange environment and recoiling in between. I have taken pics so the moment I'm done I'll be uploading my step by step.

Ps...slowing those tiny side holes with cotton...was a fn nightmare!

Sorry for being short and no pics...been rebuilding a clients exchange environment and recoiling in between. I have taken pics so the moment I'm done I'll be uploading my step by step.

Ps...slowing those tiny side holes with cotton...was a fn nightmare!
Awesome @Guunie please show me those pics man, so amped for you. With regards to those 2 small holes, I simply snipped the tip off a sewing needle, then wet a small tiny little ball of cotton and stuff it in there. It is awesome when someone takes the time to experiment and design and then creates a whole new vibe. My hat is off to you good sir.

Ok so here goes, I have no idea how to put the pictures in between all the text so I'm going to number the steps and attach the pictures with the corresponding numbers :)

1. Disassemble the coil :) Duh, and get your Kanthal (I used 30awg) and some organic cotton. Then widen the 2 opposing holes with a 1.5mm drill bit.

2. Wrap your coil around something that is 1.4mm (I did 8 wraps).

3 & 4. Insert the coil from the top and use a drill bit to line it up with the 1.5mm holes and center it.

5. Re-insert the annoying insert and then place the grommet in, separating the positive and negative "terminals".

6. Place the Pin back into the grommet and snip them "terminals" as close to the grommet and pin as possible.

7 & 8. I cut the cotton in an arrow shape before rolling it up...makes it easier to insert through the coil.

9. Feed the cotton through making sure it is really tight inside the coil. (This is to make sure you get as little dry hits as possible)

10. Make sure that the coil is still centered and not touching any side of the inner housing.

11. Snip off the excess cotton

12 & 13. Shove a small ball of cotton into the 2 small holes and use a pin to push that sucker in as tight as possible.

14. Juice that cotton up with your elixir of choice (Mine being Pina Colada 0mg from Vape King)

15. Put that baby on your Vapesaber and chuck away!

Hope this helps a few more people get a bit more out of their awesome Nautilus Mini attys.

Feel free to ask any questions, I will be experimenting further with different cotton placements to see what i find is the sweet spot for this build.

Vape the Planet peeps!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 27
So been vaping all day on this sucker and only had 5min of disappointment, not sure what happened but my throat was as dry as the Savannah!

Definitely going to play around with the cotton and coil size/wraps to find a sweet spot.

Big thanks to @Andre, @Pheonix and @Arthster for all the guidance and support. Hope my little guide helps others get more out of the awesome Nautilus Mini!

Vape the Planet fandamily!

Gunnie, I've used these on my k1forever.they really last for me though I have never recoiled one I think it could be done.they are easy to get in the states .If you're having trouble getting them let me know I'll send you a couple to keep you going.

@Guunie geez bud you have a lot of patience , I have a Kayfun you are more than welcome to please stop torturing yourself with rebuilding mAN coils (or maybe that's you thing ...) , must be the wine seems like I am in a giving mood tonight :p

@Guunie geez bud you have a lot of patience , I have a Kayfun you are more than welcome to please stop torturing yourself with rebuilding mAN coils (or maybe that's you thing ...) , must be the wine seems like I am in a giving mood tonight
Lol @ Daniel...Thanks for the kind gesture man, once again the people on this forum show that there is still faith to be had in mankind.

I don't battle with the nautilus anymore, bought more than enough coils and I have a tobh v2.5 that I use daily.

But thanks again man, ps...I was desperate because none of our vendors had stock at the time :)

Back