Haywire Flatwire

Please let me know cause also like to use a single coil. Be interesting to see how it compares to the round ni80. Really interested to read your opinion.

100% will do. My gut tells me it will excel... but will let you know when I get one built!

It's time to do another test of the Haywire Twisted wire... as I use my Billet Box's most of the time I decided to build a Haywire Twisted coil for the Exocet. The coil came out at 0.26Ω which is about half what I normally build for the exocet... I'm firing it at 28 watts which is around the same power I normally use. Initial indications are the flavour is excellent!
TwistedExocet1.jpg TwistedExocet2.jpg TwistedExocet3.jpg TwistedExocet4.jpg TwistedExocet5.jpg TwistedExocet6.jpg

It's time to do another test of the Haywire Twisted wire... as I use my Billet Box's most of the time I decided to build a Haywire Twisted coil for the Exocet. The coil came out at 0.26Ω which is about half what I normally build for the exocet... I'm firing it at 28 watts which is around the same power I normally use. Initial indications are the flavour is excellent!
View attachment 95442 View attachment 95443 View attachment 95444 View attachment 95445 View attachment 95446 View attachment 95447
And no spitting Rob? Almost all twisted builds I tried gave me spitback.

And no spitting Rob? Almost all twisted builds I tried gave me spitback.

The duals I built in an RDA did spit and was worried about that in the exocet but funnily enough it doesn't spit and maybe that's the exocet in a boro. It's pretty spectacular in the BB!

Some advise required, how would one pre calculate the ohms on flat wire using online calculators

Don't want to waste precious wire
You can choose ribbon on Steam Engine. The dimensions need to be entered and not the gauge. There is a conversion table online somewhere. I will try and find it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Here is the table I found:

dfvled.png
https://www.fasttech.com/forums/vapers/t/1326338/size-conversion-chart-for-round-flat-and-ribbon/1

In steam engine choose ribbon as the wire type and enter the thickness x width as per the table.

Screen Shot 2017-08-04 at 11.09.12.png

I extrapolated from this table and assumed the thickness goes up by 0.1mm at gauge goes down. So:

28 - 0.8mm x 0.1mm
26 - 1.0mm x 0.1mm
24 - 1.2mm x 0.1mm
22 - 1.4mm x 0.1mm
20 - 1.6mm x 0.1mm

I've tested builds using FlatWire 22 and 20 gauge with those values and the steam engine calculator at two mods seem to read what steam engine said they should give or take 0.03 ohms.

Haywires Twisted Flat is also really good for flavour + it makes pretty good looking coils!!!

I definitely enjoy using the twisted wire by haywire.

Brilliant flavour and fair cloud-what more could you ask for in your everyday builds??

Back