HCigar DNA200 - Mine Died

kev mac

Old enough to know better
ECIGSSA Donor
LV

Awards
TIS a sad day in the Mac Donald household,my Hcigar DNA200s battery has shit the bed! Now I love everything else about the mod but now it is basically a $170.oo paperweight.IS there a way to put new lipo cells in it ? I will appreciate any advise.HELP!!!!

Yes, you can open the mod and replace the LiPO pack.
I don't much know where you would find a LiPO pack like that, but my first guess would be a hobby-type shop that also sells RC-toys (helicopters especially!)

Otherwise, try contacting another company like Vaporshark and find out if they can sell you one, or otherwise who to contact to obtain one.

I don't much know where you would find a LiPO pack like that, but my first guess would be a hobby-type shop that also sells RC-toys (helicopters especially!)

Otherwise, try contacting another company like Vaporshark and find out if they can sell you one, or otherwise who to contact to obtain one.
These batteries are all over the place,ai found replacements on the web.thanks

Damn that sucks! Would your warranty not cover a replacement?
@Pixstar I'm not sure but since a replacement is only $18.00 and I'll have it by Fri. it makes sense to bite the bullet.With shipping cost and considering the wait i'm better off.I got a deal on this mod cause I actually paid $125.00 with the early pre-sale and it is a nice mod if not for lipo cells.I also found that the battery on all these mods are over rated and should be set on line at 11.1 not 14. as stated in the manual.Also I'm getting a balanced outboard charger and an x-tra battery cause I don't trust the on board one.I advise any one that owns a DNA200 to check out the forum that Evolve sponsers as Shaunnadan cited,above.

Although I was able to get a replacement battery I now need to find the size of star driver to open the unit.

Although I was able to get a replacement battery I now need to find the size of star driver to open the unit.
Found it,(T6 Torx Driver) and it was not EZ,I scoured the web and finally one guy emailed me the info.You would think the manufact. would include one with the unit or at least provide the info.since they all will need battery replacing at some point.

Last edited:
I recently bought an IMAX B6 Li-PO charger to see if I'd have better luck charging my Hcigar Li-Po cell replacement as I have the same poor results charging on the VT200 w/ the USB cable as I had w/ the original that is half the time I lose a third of a full charge after 1 puff.Any one have any experience charging w/ an external charger?

I recently bought an IMAX B6 Li-PO charger to see if I'd have better luck charging my Hcigar Li-Po cell replacement as I have the same poor results charging on the VT200 w/ the USB cable as I had w/ the original that is half the time I lose a third of a full charge after 1 puff.Any one have any experience charging w/ an external charger?
I have experience with external chargers for lipos.
I use a thunder power tp 820 cd to charge lipos for RC helis.
What would you like to know?

I have experience with external chargers for lipos.
I use a thunder power tp 820 cd to charge lipos for RC helis.
What would you like to know?
I wanted to use the charger for the cell in my VT200 dna mod.But unfortunately it has died and I'm trying to send it for warranty service.Thanks for the kind offer and I hope I can concact you If I need advice in the future.

I wanted to use the charger for the cell in my VT200 dna mod.But unfortunately it has died and I'm trying to send it for warranty service.Thanks for the kind offer and I hope I can concact you If I need advice in the future.
Sure thing.

This mod is dead and I need to send it in for warranty service.I contacted H cigar to no avail and the vendor(VapeStreet.com) is having security issues so I can't reach them on line at this point.Guess I'm double screwed.

Back