Hcigar VT167 DNA "Shorted" Error

SpiralSequence

New Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi Guys,

So recently my Hcigar VT167 started giving me a shorted error message. If i turn it on the battery meter shows empty and when I fire the button without the atty it gives a check atomizer error and with the atty on it gives me a shorted message.

I have managed to bring it back to life every now and then but as soon as the screen goes off the error creeps in again. This morning however i haven't had much luck and opened it up but could not really see if there was anything wrong with it.

Has anyone had a similar problem with a DNA device that had this issue that might point me as to what part of the mod might be giving me this problem? I am not the greatest at soldering so for me it might not be the greatest idea to unsolder the 510 and take it apart.

do yoy have a spare battery to change and check? or plug it in usb and fire it and see if it does the same? seems strange that is shows low bat

I have check 3 different batteries but to no avail. If I plug it in via USB problem still persists. From the research I have done it looks like the board is faulty. I will be picking up a Drag in the meanwhile.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I have check 3 different batteries but to no avail. If I plug it in via USB problem still persists. From the research I have done it looks like the board is faulty. I will be picking up a Drag in the meanwhile.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

The problem you described generally relates to a bad 510 connection or loose wire from the 510 to the PCB. If you have limited experience with electronics, get an experienced friend or a local electronics repair store to do a continuity check with a multimeter to measure the resistance of the 510 connector and also to do a continuity check on the pcb to make sure the soldering of the wires is solid. If the 510 is faulty, it will take some modification and effort to fit in a replacement. Finding the right dimensions of the replacement 510 can be challenging. If its just a loose connection, then the fix should be economical as it will just require a new solder job.

Back