HCigar WildWolf 235W "Weak Battery" message

Zia_

Noob Vaper
LV

Awards
Hey guys!

Was wondering if anybody could help me figure out what is going on with my mod. About 2 days ago, I went to charge my vape using the USB cable provided and noticed that only one battery was charging. So I took the batteries out and went to buy an external charger to charge them. After doing that, I put the batteries back into the mod and see that only one battery is showing charge and the other is as if it is dead. I don't think it is a battery issue due to the external charger taking both to 100%. I tried emailing HCigar & received no response so I figured I'd ask the vape veterans for some help. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 15533509652104169862770171322045.jpg
    15533509652104169862770171322045.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 31
What's the warranty on it?

And another question, does it support firmware updates?
1 year chip warranty. It says that it supports firmware updates but no updates have been released yet.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

If it's still under the 1 year warranty, I would send it back to them, whoever you purchased it from. Repairing elsewhere voids the warranty.

Try emailing Hcigar again and keep pestering them until you get an answer. They've had almost a year to get their stuff together (I see the release date was July 2018).

I have a similar issue but different manufacturer and it's just recently released so I'm hoping a firmware update will sort the issues out (mine is weak battery warning half-way through and sometimes automatically asking if it's a new coil when I've never changed anything).

If it's still under the 1 year warranty, I would send it back to them, whoever you purchased it from. Repairing elsewhere voids the warranty.

Try emailing Hcigar again and keep pestering them until you get an answer. They've had almost a year to get their stuff together (I see the release date was July 2018).

I have a similar issue but different manufacturer and it's just recently released so I'm hoping a firmware update will sort the issues out (mine is weak battery warning half-way through and sometimes automatically asking if it's a new coil when I've never changed anything).
I got it from sirvape so I've emailed them and plan on taking it back, I only purchased it in August so I assume it's still under warranty. I've been emailing HCigar constantly about it with no response, terrible customer service.

That sucks, sorry to hear, hopefully your mod gets sorted out soon too! Thanks so much for the help. :)

I got it from sirvape so I've emailed them and plan on taking it back, I only purchased it in August so I assume it's still under warranty. I've been emailing HCigar constantly about it with no response, terrible customer service.

That sucks, sorry to hear, hopefully your mod gets sorted out soon too! Thanks so much for the help. :)

Ugh, that's typical of most companies. They just want to make a quick buck. I got lucky with Smoant when I got a couple of faulty mods in series and they send me a mod free of charge to replace my faulty mod as I felt I was being ripped off with the warranty at an online shop and took it further from the manufacturer source. Now I will never buy from that online shop again. I've just had too many faulty mods from them.

I believe Sir Vape is good, you shouldn't have any hassles. Let us know how it goes.

Ugh, that's typical of most companies. They just want to make a quick buck. I got lucky with Smoant when I got a couple of faulty mods in series and they send me a mod free of charge to replace my faulty mod as I felt I was being ripped off with the warranty at an online shop and took it further from the manufacturer source. Now I will never buy from that online shop again. I've just had too many faulty mods from them.

I believe Sir Vape is good, you shouldn't have any hassles. Let us know how it goes.
Will do, thanks once again.

Update: I've contacted sirvape & they can't help as they offer a 3 month warranty although the mod itself came with a 1 year warranty. Hopefully the manufacturer responds to the countless emails I've been sending them. In the future I dont think I'll ever go with HCigar again, lol. Looks like I'm going to be buying a new mod this week. Feelsbad.

Ouch. Have you tried them on Facebook or any social media that they are active on?
Yeah, no response, but I'll keep pestering them.

Next time we must read reviews, no surprise there as Hcigar has bad reviews over customer service and several faulty mods.
The thing is that the WildWolf has such good reviews & it's such a good mod imo. It's a shame that they haven't released any updates for the issues that some people run into.

Update: finally got ahold of HCigar & their sending a replacement for $18 with shipping etc. Thanks for all the help & advice!

That issue is usually caused when the mod can no longer distinguish between the two batteries. Is it possible that you dropped it?

Anyway, there's a small wire that will run from your board to the bottom battery terminals. It's likely that this wire has come loose or broken, If you solder it back on you should be sorted.

Back