Health Related Facts About Electronic Cigarettes

Reading that source that @Rex_Bael posted above, i wanted to discuss a paragraph relating to avoiding certain eliquid flavourings. It comes from section 7, point 3.

I will paste the relevant paragraph below

Stop using flavorings that are known to have implications. Cinnamon, vanilla/vanillin, capsaicin (chilli extract), and dark food colorings (e.g. coffee) are likely to cause problems for some (or even many) people - and this is not a complete list. Diacetyl (butter popcorn flavor) is highly toxic and should never be inhaled as it can cause a degenerative lung disease, bronchiolitis obliterans.

Perhaps we can discuss some of these. What worries me is they refer to "dark food colorings e.g. Coffee". One of my favourite all day vapes is VM Choc Mint and it is a darker colour. But i dont notice any bad side effects. Any thoughts on this?

Maybe some of the eliquid manufacturers can comment since they have more experience. @Oupa ? @Derick, @Gizmo.

By the way, @Gizmo, I noticed your VapeKing Coffee juice is clear in colour.

I think it also depends on whether the flavouring is naturally extracted or artificial. If you don't see any side effects I wouldn't worry too much for now

@Silver , I think it is important to read your quoted paragraph in the context of the article and the section in question. The heading states "Minor specific e-liquid issues". It relates to "some" people that are intolerant to some e-liquids or certain ingredients. The list that then follows highlights some of these flavourings that some people have had reactions to. It is the same as someone being allergic to wheat or shellfish or eggs. Most people will not experience any side effects from these ingredients or flavours, but a small percentage might, and those individuals will then just need to exclude these ingredients known to cause issues for "some" people and change to a different flavour.

I do fully agree about the diacetyl. Although I do think people are going overboard about acetoin and acetylpropionyl, but as long as these 2 ingredients are listed by the vendor for flavours containing them, it is the user's own discretion to use them. People are divided about their use and the long term effects of these are unknown (as is also the case with using ecigs), although it seems to have no short term effect (over the last few years at least).

We do know one thing... smoking tobacco is definitely not healthy, it will make you sick and it will kill you.

My 2 cents... :D

Thanks for the reply @Oupa. You are on the ball!

I agree, just pasting that paragraph without the context was a bit misleading. These are just minor specific eliquid issues.

I am glad you cleared it up - I was going to have a fit if I discovered VM Choc Mint was potentially not good for me since it is a darkish flavour....

Its great to know you are on top of all these things and that the ingredients in your liquids are carefully considered.

Hi guys probably the wrong thread however i got questioned on whats the diff between smoking hookah(hubbly) n vaping

Sent from my HUAWEI P6-U06 using Tapatalk

a hookah still burns tobacco at an even more intense higher rate than a cigarette, but water filters it so the draw is so much smoother you don't notice the harshness. vaping turns the liquid into nicotine containing water vapour. hubbly it seems is even worse for you than smoking cigs in some respects. an ecig setup can give you that nice long hookah like draw with lots of "smoke" but without so many of the negative bad stuffs in it.

Hi,

Thanks for all the info, I am going to print some of this, laminate them and paste them on the wall in my office with a big red arrow pointing to them then vape away and point when the inevitable questions arise!

Hi,

Thanks for all the info, I am going to print some of this, laminate them and paste them on the wall in my office with a big red arrow pointing to them then vape away and point when the inevitable questions arise!

Haha grait plan. Let us know if it works

Haha i work in thw tobacco industry but still cant smoke indoors due to law restrictions n so on but def thinking of printing out the differences between cigs n e cigs so i can smoke inside esp now its winter haha

Haha i work in thw tobacco industry but still cant smoke indoors due to law restrictions n so on but def thinking of printing out the differences between cigs n e cigs so i can smoke inside esp now its winter haha

Brilliant idea !!!!

Hi,

Has anyone had an adverse reaction to high PG content juices (liQua) ? Tingling lips/tongue, sore throat, heavy chest, light headedness?

Hi,

Has anyone had an adverse reaction to high PG content juices (liQua) ? Tingling lips/tongue, sore throat, heavy chest, light headedness?

Tingling lips sounds like maybe you got ejuice onto your lips through your drip tip perhaps. The rest of your issues sound like your nic levels are too high. Try a different brand of ejuice and/or lower nic levels

Cant find anything good on if a e-cig can cause emphysema. is there anybody that is having a link on info pls. thanks a million
If you were at the onset (myself) of emphysema and you vape and die they will now blame the vaping anyway. My wife already blames my health on vaping. It's a no win situation.

Another thing ive noticed since ive stopped smoking cigs is how terrible people actually smell that smoke.

Totally get you! It's crucial to have the facts when dealing with e-cig critics. Being informed and making responsible choices is key.

Back