HELP just rescued a puppy and Im a cat person

So thought it was time for an update on not so little Atom's progress. He had his second round of shots this week and is growing rapidly now. He is clear to start puppy classes this week or next so we are very excited. I have some pics just to show how much he has grown. He really has changed my life this little guy and I have been feeling a bit emo about it lol, wrote up a little piece to try explain how Im feeling. Seen as you all our now my community of friends online I thought I would share it with you. Thanks for all the support ecigssa:rock:
image.jpg image.jpg

An Ode To Atom...
I made a new friend today. He isn't the conventional type of friend but that I can overlook, he didn't judge me on my lack of convention either. Our meeting wasn't exactly normal, I was privileged (as I am labelled) and he was anything but. Who would have thought we would change each other, for each other.

He cannot speak to me nor me to him although we both try. The most we hope for is to understand despite our differences. He is compassionate and caring, he is strong and always happy, he makes the best of the worst and never complains. He in his infancy is everything I think I am not, but he is teaching me.

I can speak in a way and I know he understands, not the words but the energy we exchange. I was weak or so I thought. He thinks different and trusts my strength, even when I cannot. I believed the city claimed my heart. My compassion was gone. I was hard and tough, as though it was all I knew how to be. Worse still, all I thought I needed to be to survive.

Now I realise I found my heart, sitting homeless on a curb. Underfed, terrified and all alone. I shouldn't be surprised I left it there after all. I am so privileged and not in the way I started out. I have my friend and my heart again. It's still learning, which can be scary and hurt a little. At least I know now I want to live not just survive, and it's ok my friend is still learning too!

He has taught me so much so quickly. Probably more than I can hope to teach him. Life should be simple as he reminds me everyday. When it comes to complex problems he has all the solves. It's ancient knowledge that we all forget. Always trust before doubting. Forgive and give love freely. Don't judge or assume. Never blame others, or take it personally. Forget the bad and hold onto the good. Never neglect. Live, do, be excited and just see what happens!

Amazing really to be taught so much by a little guy with four paws. He is wise beyond years in his simplicity. I say he is my friend but that's not how he rolls. He is a friend to anyone. Remember like I must, he doesn't judge. He loves the homeless and makes them smile just as much as his new rich neighbours. I have to say in his short experience he seems to be learning those with less tend to give more, but I know he won't hold onto it.

I love him and I can really say I don't doubt he loves me. I am so thankful to have had him change me and I cant wait to watch him change the people he meets.

Rescue an animal, it will be one of the best things you ever do.

Very well written @Danny and Oh! I especially like your statements in this paragraph:

"He has taught me so much so quickly. Probably more than I can hope to teach him. Life should be simple as he reminds me everyday. When it comes to complex problems he has all the solves. It's ancient knowledge that we all forget. Always trust before doubting. Forgive and give love freely. Don't judge or assume. Never blame others, or take it personally. Forget the bad and hold onto the good. Never neglect. Live, do, be excited and just see what happens!"

A heart warming and exquisitely crafted story. Thank you for sharing with us.
Have been wondering about the little fella. He looks so happy.

Thanks for sharing @Danny...so glad Atom is doing well and having such a positive effect on you as well :D

While he gives love freely to others, in time you will realize that he reserves a very special love for you, one he will never have for anyone else ever again. It is a connection unlike what any other creature can give (no offense to cat lovers, I'm one of those too).

I can tell he has found the perfect home, and wish both of you the best of luck going forward:)

Well done again for giving a chance to someone (dogs are people too) in need :clap:

PS: That photo of him in the shirt is just priceless!

Lovely story... now where are my tissues because I think I spilled some juice here somewhere...:blush:

Atom looks so cute! Lovely story @Danny!

Back