Help. Liquid In Battery Twisp Clearo

Avikaar Sonlall

Cloud Chaser
LV

Awards
Hi.

I have been using my Twisp Clearo for a little more than 3 months now and I have recently replaced the coil in the atomiser as I had been getting a slight burn after each pull and I was advised to replace the coil.

After I replaced the coil, some E-liquid seems to be constantly leaking into the battery and I have opened and cleaned the device on multiple occasions to try and resolve the problem, but still after 2 - 3 pulls there is still some liquid leaking into the battery. I even tried replacing the coil a third time but there is still liquid leaking into the battery.

I perfectly followed the instructions on replacing the coil.

Any advice on what is happening or how to resolve this problem?

First of all I let me just say how I love that Twisp is converting so many people and then they find their way here.

For that clearo to leak on to the battery mate the juice is coming out of one of two places. Either straight out the center, or the actual tank is damaged/cracked and it's leaking from somewhere next to it. Have a look at the clearo, the connector part that screws into the battery and see if you can pin point where the juice is leaking out of. If you can't see it straight away, set the clearo down on a table and give it a few hours, then lift it slowly and find where the drop is forming. Come back to me with the answer so I can help.

Hi RevnLucky7

I seemed to have identified part of the problem. It seems that the wick of the coil was very thin on one side of it hence there was a small gap between the wick and the white rubber that seals off the cut out in the middle of the atomiser. Small amount of liquid were seeping into this gap but after I pressed the wick to make it thicker, it partially solved the problem. Now there are just tiny droplets of liquid entering the battery as opposed to before.

Thank you for your help.

Seems like you solved that one all on your own mate!
There's overlapping wicks that runs through their. They can shift. Most of us pull one of them out when we're dealing with thicker juices because we actually NEED the juice to do that to get to the coil. Twisp products unfortunately don't have the highest quality control, but then again I can say that for most things out of China.

You're forever going to encounter these little nitty gritty things with e-cigs, but as you solve them you learn!

thanks for the advice, I may be considering to switching to a different brand of e cig, can you reccomend something. I dont care about nicotine I like lots of smoke and nice flavours

Being new understand that you can use any e-liquid in any device. If you are on the twisp then I assume you are also using the twisp liquids. While they are okay there's many other brands and vendors out there to chose from with a wide variety of prices to suit whatever your budget can withstand. You can check out the supplier section of the forum. There's a bunch of good vendors there. I'm also sure many forum members will gladly chime in to assist with choosing a new device.

Hi @Avikaar Sonlall

Welcome to the forum

I also started on Twisp and it got me off cigarettes. Good product and good juices but I found the Twisp leaked a bit out the mouthpiece making it not ideal for portability. Also their juices are expensive.

I found many months of joy with the mini Protank 2 and the Vision Spinner variable voltage battery. Still have these devices and they work very well. Since then the mini protank 3 is out and now the mini aerotank. Also, the Vision Spinner version 2 has just been released.

On your twisp issue i would suggest also checking if all the rubber o rings are in place. Maybe one went missing. Take it to a Twisp counter and they can check it for you.

Regarding getting other equipment, check out the vendors listed in the retailers section on this forum. Vapourmountain (run by @Oupa) makes excellent juices that are well priced and is also an eCiggies agent, so you can buy your devices and juices from them at the same time. There's also Vapeking and a number of others. If you are based in JHB, you can go to VapeKing and try all their juices before you buy. Its a great way to not waste your cash on juices you think you may like but end up not liking at all.

All the best and let us know how it goes. Once youve done your research, feel free to post what you want to buy and ask the forum members to comment on your list. Its a good way to check if you may be missing something

If you want to go slim and trim:
  1. BATTERY:
    1. The Vision Spinner1 1300 mAh. Think your current batteries are 650 mah. It has variable voltage so you can up your power for more throat hit. You can buy that for R350.00 here. With that you need a USBcharger at R100.00 with wall adapter at R60.00. An Ego C Twist, also at 1300 mah will also work. Available here at R289.00.
    2. The Vision Spinner2 at 1650 mAh (will last longer the version 1 but is a little bit longer) available hereat R400.00. With the same charger and wall adapter as mentioned above.
  2. CLEAROMIZER:
    1. On top of that my recommendation is a Kanger Protank Mini 3, which has dual coils so will give you a super hit. Also nice and slim and will fit the Vision Spinners like a glove. Takes 1.5 ml. get it here for R180.00. Get some spare coils for you mPT3, at R30.oo for one.
    2. Another, less expensive option is the Kangertech Evod2 at R100.00 here. From all accounts the Evod 2 is a great clearomizer as well, also dual coils. Takes the same spare coils as the mPT3.
Here is a picture of the Vision Spinner1:
ezQ0o3r.jpg

Picture of the Kanger Protank Mini 3 on top of a Vision Spinner1 and Vision Spinner2
tRLGqKj.jpg

If you do not mind a little bulkier:
  1. BATTERY:
    1. The MVP is very popular and has a battery capacity of 2600 mah - so should last almost twice as long as the Vision Spinner. R760.00 here. Comes with a USB charger, but do get a wall adapter. And a clearomizer, which is not well rated in this forum. There are some other MVPs, bit more expensive, on the site linked.
  2. CLEAROMIZER:
    1. On top of that - the Kanger Aerotank. The Aerotank uses the same coils as the Protank Mini 3 or the Evod 2 mentioned above, but takes 2.5 ml. Available here at R340.00 or here at R350.00.
Here a picture with dimensions of the MVP
HKIlxrC.jpg

Many reviews and more photos of above-mentioned gear in our review section.

Last edited:
@Matthee Please consider making this post of yours into a sticky, it's a quick concise summary of the usual recommendations and I think it would be useful as a sticky to refer people to.

@Matthee Please consider making this post of yours into a sticky, it's a quick concise summary of the usual recommendations and I think it would be useful as a sticky to refer people to.
Will work on it some more and do so, thanks.

Last edited:
@Matthee . That Vision Spinner 2 with the Kanger Protank Mini 3 looks great. Think I will give that a try after my Twisp finally gives up. @Silver Thanks alot for the advice. I did manage to fix it and it works fine now. Will update on anymore news.

Back