HELP - My RX200s changes wattage by itself

Rude Rudi

Vaping Addict
LV

Awards
Ok, so my RX200s has been given me some grief over the last few weeks and I now no longer use it as I'm "scared" it may explode on me...

I vape mostly at 50w using a RDA and since December, I noticed that when I pick the unit up, the W will be on 200w - I then put it back to 50w and a few minutes later it would go back up to 200w all by itself.

Then one of the batteries decided to die and wouldn't charge any longer - and I though that the battery may have been the culprit. I bought 3 new batteries and the problem is still there - it would visibly change the W by itself up to max.

I then did a firmware update but the firmware is current so no action taken.

I then opened it up on the weekend to check it something wasn't stuck/wet, etc but found all to be in good order.

Please help as I enjoy this mod but not prepared to take a chance...

Ok, so my RX200s has been given me some grief over the last few weeks and I now no longer use it as I'm "scared" it may explode on me...

I vape mostly at 50w using a RDA and since December, I noticed that when I pick the unit up, the W will be on 200w - I then put it back to 50w and a few minutes later it would go back up to 200w all by itself.

Then one of the batteries decided to die and wouldn't charge any longer - and I though that the battery may have been the culprit. I bought 3 new batteries and the problem is still there - it would visibly change the W by itself up to max.

I then did a firmware update but the firmware is current so no action taken.

I then opened it up on the weekend to check it something wasn't stuck/wet, etc but found all to be in good order.

Please help as I enjoy this mod but not prepared to take a chance...
Hi @Rudi , I haven't heard of this problem ever before. Did you wipe and reflash the firmware, or just leave as is?
Otherwise you might try the alternative firmware discussed here, and if it still does it, it might be a hardware problem (a shorting + button for example).

+1 on a faulty button. That would be my first call. Try wiggling the button gently and see if the watts go up.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

+1 on a faulty button. That would be my first call. Try wiggling the button gently and see if the watts go up.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Nope - tried that.

I removed the panels (buttons comes off) and it still goes up - even with no button present.
The little switches are not sticky, etc - all in perfect condition. I think its a software issue = just need to figure out how to uninstall and reinstall?

Hi @Rudi , I haven't heard of this problem ever before. Did you wipe and reflash the firmware, or just leave as is?
Otherwise you might try the alternative firmware discussed here, and if it still does it, it might be a hardware problem (a shorting + button for example).

I tried to reload but it was up to date. How do I remove the current firmware and load from scratch, ie uninstall and re-install...?

RUN!!!

200.gif

I tried to reload but it was up to date. How do I remove the current firmware and load from scratch, ie uninstall and re-install...?
Can you downgrade the mod to an older version?
Then perhaps an update, or as others have suggested an alternative firmware.

Back