Help Please! - Therion 166 Check Atomizer

Jp1905

Elite Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi all,

I am having a issue and was hoping one of the more experienced DNA vaping gurus could help me out with a possible solution.

I recently got a Therion 166 2nd hand,vapes like a dream and is super awesome...but...

When it goes into sleep mode or you change batteries,with the initial first few presses of the fire button it says “Check Atomizer”. Then it gets a reading and will keep running perfectly fine,no jumping ohms or any funny business.

I made sure the 510 was clean and even opened the 510 to see if there was any juice spillage,and nothing,all perfect.

I made contact with Lost Vape...no answer,Evolv however did get back to me,tried a few things on Escribe and also reloaded the standard file for the Therion without success.

They offered to test and repair the mod free of charge, I just need to pay shipping,which doesnt really seem like the economical thing to do with what thats gonna cost me.

If any of our experienced DNA using forumites have some ideas I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanx for the reply @SAVaper I had a look at those two now,one guy recommended going in to the atomizer analyzer and shorting out the 510,which I did,as soon as the atomizer is shorted a shows resistance,and when I remove my shorting tool it goes back to question marks,so the mod definitely reads the atty straight away,but something is just messing me around,perhaps I should just leave it and let be,I can vape and device works 100% just takes a few extra clicks to get it started.

Thanx for the reply @SAVaper I had a look at those two now,one guy recommended going in to the atomizer analyzer and shorting out the 510,which I did,as soon as the atomizer is shorted a shows resistance,and when I remove my shorting tool it goes back to question marks,so the mod definitely reads the atty straight away,but something is just messing me around,perhaps I should just leave it and let be,I can vape and device works 100% just takes a few extra clicks to get it started.

I dont have a DNA, but I seem to remember something about calibrating it with a copper 510 stud, is that the shorting tool you're talking about?

Can you maybe return to the seller to return to the vendor? It might not be the easiest option but it would be the best option

Can you maybe return to the seller to return to the vendor? It might not be the easiest option but it would be the best option

Unfortunately not @Amir as I bought it second hand,so either way the courier cost will be for my account,I looked at DHL but its R850 at its cheapest.

Unfortunately not @Amir as I bought it second hand,so either way the courier cost will be for my account,I looked at DHL but its R850 at its cheapest.

I mean return to the guy you bought it from, and let him return to the local vendor on your behalf. Or let him send you the invoice for it and you return to local vendor

I have the standard one as per the therions profile and it says default mod resistance is 0.004 and the ohm lock range set to 25%, should I try set the mod resistance to 0?
Its worth a try, you can always go back if it doesnt sort anything out.
Maybe also up the ohm lock to 30%.

Back