Hohm Slice USB

Caramia

Elite Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi guys

Does anyone have the same problem? - my Slice's USB sleeve (the silver part that surrounds the port in the device) came off while "super" charging:confused:
It is currently in for diagnosis (Vape Cartel was awesome and picked it up to either fix or replace - I did super glue the "sleeve" but it was not supposed to come undone in the first place?).

I just want to know if anyone else experienced this, as the super USB charge was the main reason for acquiring the device. My other one is still perfect...:inlove:

Hi guys

Does anyone have the same problem? - my Slice's USB sleeve (the silver part that surrounds the port in the device) came off while "super" charging:confused:
It is currently in for diagnosis (Vape Cartel was awesome and picked it up to either fix or replace - I did super glue the "sleeve" but it was not supposed to come undone in the first place?).

I just want to know if anyone else experienced this, as the super USB charge was the main reason for acquiring the device. My other one is still perfect...:inlove:
yes my USB outer sleeve came off through actions totally my own fault.

Super easy to fix.

Took 10 minutes with a soldering iron and tweezers for alignment to solder it back into place.

Still going strong since the repair job.

Jip, total hats off to VC!
But then again, it has a 500 day guarantee, and this was not user fault, the little thingy just came off with the charger. At least I tried to save the day by super gluing it (I mean it is not supposed to be that iffy now, is it?:lunchacos:), obviously not too well:eaea:, as it came off again, and this time the sleeve went AWOL...
And I am still mightily impressed with @KieranD for organising to have it picked up and looked at, and repaired/replaced - THAT is what I call fantastic, unbeatable customer support and after sales!:campeon::headbang:

You are lucky. That superglue usually stuffs up anything electronic in its vicinity. It lets off a lot of fumes that clings to oils and silicones. It also brongs out latent fingerprints on surfaces.

Sent from my Serpent Minikin

My point is simply, that I should not have had to resolve to a superglue solution, surely this wee appendage was faulty and misshapen to start with?

Last edited:
Back