Holy Batflaps Grandma, look yonder, another E-liquid!

Dela Rey Steyn

Random Internet Weirdo
ECIGSSA Donor
LV

Awards
Lol, now that i have your attention, did anybody else notice the insane boom in local e-liquids available? Seems like every Tom, **** or Sally that spent some time on DIY-or-Die (or insert similar forum/page.website here ) just goes all out balls to the wall and launches a juice company. anybody else agree that the market is getting flooded with sub-par crap? Granted a few gems have emerged, but really? Only so many dogs can feed from one bowl?

There has been tons of new e liquid lines popping up over the last 2 year but im sure the stats are about 80% of the new lines fade away within a few months.

I know someone who owns a B&M vape shop and he has told me on a weekly basis he turns away around 5 people who bring in testers that want to start a new e liquid line.

At end of day most will fade away and only the good will stay and no harm in these people trying to make a quick buck but sadly most of them dont realise what a tight market the e liquid line is in and only stare at the numbers of how much "money they going to make" .

only stare at the numbers of how much "money they going to make"

Exactly! I see it happening something like this

*Buys premium e-liquid*
"Crap this is expensive!"
*reads up on DIY and visits website selling concentrates*
"What? I can mix a liter for under 500 bucks?!?!? - I too shall make this popped corn!" (Megamind Movie reference...)

And the fact is, nobody wants a bathtub juice, shit dude, this stuff is going into my lungs!!! If its not being made by a certified lab, i want nothing to do with it PERIOD!

They have no clue at the costs that Juice makers need to go through to put a proper product on the shelves.

I am all for DIY juice for yourself, or if you really want to friends and family, but even then I personally would not sell it to anybody.

People living in a fantasy world I tell you, but it seems to be a very sad comment on the current financial state of our Country.

Most of the time you can straight up see it in the packaging. If there was no time to craft what it's wrapped in, then the same effort has probably gone into the juice. This isn't a given to every single juice, but I find it tends to run true.

Lol, now that i have your attention, did anybody else notice the insane boom in local e-liquids available? Seems like every Tom, **** or Sally that spent some time on DIY-or-Die (or insert similar forum/page.website here ) just goes all out balls to the wall and launches a juice company. anybody else agree that the market is getting flooded with sub-par crap? Granted a few gems have emerged, but really? Only so many dogs can feed from one bowl?
I was chatting to a shop owner in Durbs the other day and he agreed with what you said about the absolute mountain of garbage that guys come in to offer him as premium juice.

People are mad.

But those dogs are breeding fast, need more bowls.

Jokes aside, I agree. There are only a handful of SA juice brands that are really good. Most are average and overrated.

Last edited:
But those dogs are breeding fast, need more bowls.

Jokes aside, I agree. There are only a handful of SA juice brands that are really good. Most are average and overrated.
Which of the local brands can we trust? I've only purchased international brands, only because there is no fuss being made over the local juice.

Which of the local brands can we trust? I've only purchased international brands, only because there is no fuss being made over the local juice.
There are so many excellent local juice makers! They out the international juices to shame in a big bad way!!!

Any SA brand names that you could recommend? Or can I assume if lets say Sir Vape sells it it will be good?

Any SA brand names that you could recommend? Or can I assume if lets say Sir Vape sells it it will be good?

Creamy Clouds X Flawless Keylime pie Milkshake(A must try)
Mr Hardwicks Debbie Does Donuts
Zoob by Milc

I mostly buy super premium imports now but so buy the odd local that gets hyped up.

There are so many excellent local juice makers! They out the international juices to shame in a big bad way!!!

I would not say to shame, comparing like for like but there is a lot of over sweet shit overseas.
Still havent found a local that can compete with the super premium from the USA.

What are your favorite local?

Creamy Clouds X Flawless Keylime pie Milkshake(A must try)
Mr Hardwicks Debbie Does Donuts
Zoob by Milc

I mostly buy super premium imports now but so buy the odd local that gets hyped up.
Thank you, will try the keylime pie when I stock up again.

What exactly are the super premium import juices? Something like black notes, which i have not seen anywhere this side?

Thank you, will try the keylime pie when I stock up again.

What exactly are the super premium import juices? Something like black notes, which i have not seen anywhere this side?

Super premium as in has complex notes and/or banging flavor without pouring a kg of sugar in the mix.

Brands would be Phillip Rocke, ANML(Only Looper, Carnage and Fury by Phillip Rocke), Kings Crown, Boosted, Teleos, Kite in Cloud, Stash ejuice etc

Super premium as in has complex notes and/or banging flavor without pouring a kg of sugar in the mix.

Brands would be Phillip Rocke, ANML(Only Looper, Carnage and Fury by Phillip Rocke), Kings Crown, Boosted, Teleos, Kite in Cloud, Stash ejuice etc
And Bobba's Bounty

@Juan_G , like with everything else It comes down to personal tastes, I like a lot of flavours and have at least four or five different ones in rotation every day, some one shots and some ready mixed, and a lot of diy.

Some of my favorites that I really like is Pied Piper by @GSM500 for his excellent tobacco, same for Mr Hardwicks Rodeo @method1 for pipe style tobacco, and heard good things about some other one shots of his I still want to try. Great fruit from Vape King Prime @Gizmo , and Creme from Majestic Vapour @Sash , best chocolate biscuit you can find. Golden Custard one shot from @Vino1718 as well as the Vape Fuel ones from @Rude Rudi . Trinity from NCV @Vapington , Red Pill by @Oupa , Wiener Vape co juices by @Rooigevaar , @YeOldeOke , @Sickboy77 and the list goes on. There is a lot more great local mixers, and apologies to those that I missed out on or skipped. We are spoiled for choice on our own front porch.

All of these fine gentlemen produce juices that are comparable, and in some or most instances better than a lot of international ones. We have been indoctrinated that international is better, and I agree that there are great ones, Jam Monster, Pretzel shack etc etc.

In the end you will find that out, but then you will have to try them first, and eventually you will find the local ones you like, as well as keep the international juice you prefer in rotation as well.

My 2c, but if you are only doing international only you are definately missing out.

Thank you for all the juice info. Looking forward to trying some of the local juices! Not sure where I find those super premium juices?

Thank you for all the juice info. Looking forward to trying some of the local juices! Not sure where I find those super premium juices?
You just roll down on the site untill you reach the section relating to diamond supporting vendors and local supporting vendors. Links to their sites can be found there, but a lot of vape shops and even the diy suppliers now stock their juices as well. Easy, and let us know your what your first one is going to be , and why, as well as your opinion of the juice. Not sure which profile you prefer, but you are going to find a whole heap of new enjoyment.

Thank you thank you thank you! I will check them out and let you know all about it. Seems like im currently a fruit person. My tastes buds are still recovering after the 20 years that ive been killing them and am now more than a month stinky free and still need to try different profiles.

The brands which have been around for a while. And how do you know who has been around for a while?

> Firstly, look at their website (not the vendor's website - go to the juice manufacturer's website) and read the "About" section to see when they started.
> Secondly, how many flavours do they have in their range? I'm not saying that quantity = quality, but if a range consists of one flavour, well ... say no more.

If I were a vape shop owner, I wouldn't turn any DIYer away until I've tested their juice. None of the well-known juice manufacturers started off their career by deciding to make juice. They all started off as DIYers, their friends liked the juice, and the rest is history.

So give everyone a chance - there might just be a gem somewhere!

If I were a vape shop owner, I wouldn't turn any DIYer away until I've tested their juice. None of the well-known juice manufacturers started off their career by deciding to make juice. They all started off as DIYers, their friends liked the juice, and the rest is history.

So give everyone a chance - there might just be a gem somewhere!

True! Jimmy the juice man and Boosted were one of them. Their juice is now regarded as some of the best in the world.

Back