Holy Batflaps Grandma, look yonder, another E-liquid!

Let us bear in mind that this industry is still in its very early stages of development and that it’s an awesome era we are witnessing. So let us allow as much room for innovation and experimenting as possible. If we allow 2 or 3 companies to take dominate the market, we lose. No more honest competition and we will end up vaping the same 2 or 3 juices for the rest of our lives. That would be a great disappointment for me at least!

I once stopped at a reputable vendor for some help with an RDA. We got chating about vape stuffs and juices as one does at the shops. In the conversation I mentioned I mixed my own juices and the owner overheard me. He asked if I was also going to bring him samplss to sell. I told him I will bring samples but I have no intention to go commercial.

He then showed me in the store room 2 and half crates full of 10ml samples. All from diy guys that want to break the market. One crate alone is only strawberry creams. And he say some of those juices are brilliant. The problem is there is no space on the shelves.

The point I'm trying to make is, it might seem that every Tom **** and Harry is releasing juices, but in truth, you only see Tom's stuff. **** and Harry's stuff is lying in a box at the back.

So give everyone a chance - there might just be a gem somewhere!

So let us allow as much room for innovation and experimenting as possible.

One crate alone is only strawberry creams.

i hear you @Hooked and @Grand Guru , but like @Adephi said:

One crate alone is only strawberry creams.

the problem is there isn't much innovation, most of these new "Juice Vendors" only copy a profile of juices they like, ie. how many blue bubblegum milkshakes has come up in the last few months?

How many variations of 3 fruits+ice do we really need?

and there is a small bus load of these "budget juices" that come in at R150 for 120ml, and I've seen plenty of those bottles bought for the price and then left on the shelf because it tastes horrible or just plain lacks flavor. we have a good odd 40-50+ established juice makers in SA that produce quality products, by supporting them, do we not rather afford them the time and resources to innovate and bring new items to the market?

I've seen 100's of fruit ice liquids from startups, and then you get an established company like cloud flavor labs bringing out an coconut tobacco (which i'm looking extremely forward to) which i haven't seen a lot of in the local market. The innovation is happening in the established companies more than in the "DIYer Turned new Vendor" section. My 2c

Im all for DIYers trying to bring something new to the table or new juice brands/lines tying to enter the market.

I agree with the above comments of new juice lines trying to enter the market with flavor profiles thats already flooding the market. You will not stand out and why would i want to choose to try and stock your juice if there are already 4 top branded local and international that has this exact flavor profiles etc Strawberry Milk, Custard, 3x fruit etc.

Try to be unique, make flavors that no one has yet, think out side of the box like the new Craft beer juices from Sickboy77...I mean that is something no one has locally (Not sure about internationally). Its something that stands out and everyone would be intrigued and would want to try it and if its great it will take off.

Try making different even weird juices/flavours that everyone would want to try and you will be the next talk of the town.

@Juan_G

Here are some excellent local brands.

Look them up on the internet to see what flavours they make. Then Google the brand and flavour and Google will show you which vape shops supply what you're looking for.

If there isn't a vape shop near you which supplies the one that you want, then order online. I order everything online. I'm in a small town in the Western Cape, yet I receive my orders within two days, irrespective of which part of SA it's being sent from. Easy-peasy. And sooo much easier than going to a vape shop, only to be told that they're out of stock of THAT one which you want!

Bumblebee's Flavour Fluid @BumbleBee
Blends of Distinction @Blends Of Distinction
World Wonders/Esheli @Esheli
Joose @Naeemhoosen
TKO (can't find them on the forum)
All Day Vapes @ADV-Des
Revolution Vape @BaD Mountain
Wiener Vape @Rooigevaar
RACC City Vapes (budget line of Wiener Vape. Budget in price but not in flavour)
Vapour Mountain @Oupa
Pleural E Fusion (FB only)

@Juan_G

Here are some excellent local brands.

Look them up on the internet to see what flavours they make. Then Google the brand and flavour and Google will show you which vape shops supply what you're looking for.

If there isn't a vape shop near you which supplies the one that you want, then order online. I order everything online. I'm in a small town in the Western Cape, yet I receive my orders within two days, irrespective of which part of SA it's being sent from. Easy-peasy. And sooo much easier than going to a vape shop, only to be told that they're out of stock of THAT one which you want!

Bumblebee's Flavour Fluid @BumbleBee
Blends of Distinction @Blends Of Distinction
World Wonders/Esheli @Esheli
Joose @Naeemhoosen
TKO (can't find them on the forum)
All Day Vapes @ADV-Des
Revolution Vape @BaD Mountain
Wiener Vape @Rooigevaar
RACC City Vapes (budget line of Wiener Vape. Budget in price but not in flavour)
Vapour Mountain @Oupa
Pleural E Fusion (FB only)
Thank you @ Hooked. Already started my next shopping cart and will be including some of the brands!

What I'm saying is let the market decide what is worth what and who deserves the glories and fame. We're talking about personal taste and in the same flavour profile a certain juice would appeal to you while another would appeal to me flavour or price wise!
Apple and IBM were dominating the IT market when a guy sitting in his garage invented Windows (not the best OS) and went out to become the wealthiest man on the planet.
Yes there are 100s of irrelevant products out there but only a few will survive and unfortunately not necessarily the best ones!

Let us bear in mind that this industry is still in its very early stages of development and that it’s an awesome era we are witnessing. So let us allow as much room for innovation and experimenting as possible. If we allow 2 or 3 companies to take dominate the market, we lose. No more honest competition and we will end up vaping the same 2 or 3 juices for the rest of our lives. That would be a great disappointment for me at least!
I fully agree. However selling local juice at imported liquid prices is not justified

Back